Sign in to follow this  
dogpire1

one shots how and why possible hack or just that good questions

so I have played for over 200 hours all tier 1 arcade. i am actualy kind of new and just trying to learn the game for now but i have a few questions and cant seem to find answers on the forums.

SO i have noticed on acation you get one shot or one shot somebody it is rare and doesnt happen all the time my crew skills are near max.

Now i have noticed that there are some players about 1 in every 5 matches or so that get one shot kills everytime they shoot at a target i play in a platoon of 4 friends. And we have noticed that the same guy will instantly get one shots on all of us 2-3 times each in the same match by the same player who ends up with 12 kills or better.

Is this a hack a aim bot or are they just that good or just that lucky.

If hack how do i report the said players. I dont want to start reporting if its not a hack and just something we need to get better at avoiding and useing are selfs.

• Upvote 1

Planes use rather large cannons as armament, and are pretty fragile themselves.

If you hit an enemy with a lot of cannon projectiles in a short timespan, it may seem that its a "one-shot". whereas in reality multiple shots impact.

Multiple impacts (almost regardless of calibre, but the bigger the better) will quickly render a plane flight-unworthy.

Maximum Vitality can help your pilot survive more hits, but mostly only from small calibres. This skill wont make your plane structurally more integer though.

If you can get a good gun solution on a slow target, "OHKO's" are very common.

In AB, there usually are those oddballs that rack up kill after kill, that doesnt mean they are hacking.

medal medal medal medal

There are very few planes that actually only shoot one shell at a time. Many planes sport multiple guns and these guns often have high rates of fire. What you think is a one-shot will almost always be at least a short burst from several guns.

Add to that the simple fact that planes are fragile, because they have little armour and many important bits and parts and the fact that accuracy in Arcade is way, way above what it was historically, and you have an environment in which planes go down easily.

The first step to alleviate that: Try not to get hit.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

I come across this problem my self all the time, But i never notice whether it's the same person or not, Either way i take it with ease and just say good shot because i know i do this to people as well... I try not to assume hacks or an Overpowered whinge when it happens, I'd rather take it as i just need to get better and improve my own play style.  :yes:

• Upvote 1

If you are in the US go play on an RU server for a bit and see if you find it any different

Sure your ping will be in the 200ish but try it for a while.

As far as one-shot.. invest crew points into Vitality.. lots of them

Report your findings

Edited by BR3Z
medal

so I have played for over 200 hours all tier 1 arcade.

...how is this even possible? You should try playing some higher tiered battles, it will help your understanding of the game more than anyone's words here.

• Upvote 3
medal

When I see people complaining in game that they're being one shot I've noticed that they are often not paying enough attention to their speed (among other things).  When a plane has been either climbing too hard or maneuvering heavily they are much easier to hit and it is much easier to concentrate fire on one part of the plane, which results in them dying much more quickly.

Make sure you're always flying at a decent speed and don't slow yourself down too far when climbing (the general consensus is you also climb more quickly with a shallower angle and higher speed, too).  At minimum you want to be traveling at a speed where your plane responds as quickly and smoothly as it can and never let it drop to the point where you have trouble maneuvering it.  And I mean at minimum, faster is almost always better and you definitely want room to be able to run or burn speed on emergency maneuvers if you get jumped.  Also make a habit of gaining more speed as you get closer to enemy planes, either when they approach you or you approach them.

Edited by Dreaded_Candiru
medal medal medal

It can be luck, it can be skill, it can be a little of both, but its never hacks. Gaijin has said it many times that you can't use hacks in this game. Even if there was a aimbot hack you will still get bested by any player that has better knowledge of dog fighting. Its more then just pointing a clicking the mouse button. Plus I cant understand how people can think they can tank any kind of fire and fly away ok. Add the fact that most low tier planes don't have armor and even if they did 12.7 mm mg can pen the armored plate the pilot sit on (most US fighters are packing multiple mgs). That not mentioning  damage to you plane or getting hit with cannons, the point is DON'T get hit.

medal

When I see people complaining in game that they're being one shot I've noticed that they are often not paying enough attention to their speed (among other things).  When a plane has been either climbing too hard or maneuvering heavily they are much easier to hit and it is much easier to concentrate fire on one part of the plane, which results in them dying much more quickly.

Make sure you're always flying at a decent speed and don't slow yourself down too far when climbing (the general consensus is you also climb more quickly with a shallower angle and higher speed, too).  At minimum you want to be traveling at a speed where your plane responds as quickly and smoothly as it can and never let it drop to the point where you have trouble maneuvering it.  And I mean at minimum, faster is almost always better and you definitely want room to be able to run or burn speed on emergency maneuvers if you get jumped.  Also make a habit of gaining more speed as you get closer to enemy planes, either when they approach you or you approach them.

You can also trade airspeed for altitude quickly if you need it. 

medal medal medal medal medal

If you are in the US go play on an RU server for a bit and see if you find it any different

Sure your ping will be in the 200ish but try it for a while.

As far as one-shot.. invest crew points into Vitality.. lots of them

Report your findings

only go on the RU server if you wanna get your bottom kicked   there is something very sus eg my tank M103 with M469 shells with pen of 380-189  I hit a Panther 11 3 times target undamaged ????????

only go on the RU server if you wanna get your bottom kicked   there is something very sus eg my tank M103 with M469 shells with pen of 380-189  I hit a Panther 11 3 times target undamaged ????????

ahhh yes the arcade battle discussion -> AIR BATTLES part of the forum :facepalm:

medal

As for hacks...well, they'd be difficult, but not impossible. I hate when someone says that.

However, the current DM is bugged (and my bug report got shot down as fluke). A hit with explosive round-ANY explosive round, including, again bugged, machine gun explosive round (almost all MGs have explosive rounds, funny enough at least one of the few that doesn't is one those few that had them IRL)-on good spot of wing spar will take the wing off. That's something you should know, it accounts for a lot of these weird one-shot kills. I've been on both dealing and recieving end of this for long enough.

medal medal

Max your pilot vitality. There are very few guns that are one shot. So you might have 2-12 guns firing multiple shots each in a very very short period of time. So what feels like one shot to you could be a significant amount of rounds especially if they hit your pilot. Increase your own situational awareness. Try less headons and climb more drop in on unsuspecting targets. From my experience the pilot just knows how to use his plane.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Max vitality is a waste of time.  Slightly less so in tier 1, since a lot of fighters there are armed with rifle-calibre weapons.  However I'm going to copy-paste something I posted to a similar thread;

Gaijin put an article out a little while back that showed what the skills actually do.  Here's a link, but here's the relevent point;

Vitality - reduces the likelihood of the pilot receiving a mortal wound. For the novice pilot the second .303 bullet hit or comparable shrapnel impact is usually fatal; while a pilot with the vitality maxed out can, with a measure of luck, survive one hit from a .50 (12.7mm) M2 Browning machine gun.

That's right.  With maximum vitality and a bit of luck you MIGHT tank one single M2 round.  Anything higher... forget it.  This is, of course, pretty realistic.  A 50 cal round will seriously wreck the human body.  We won't get into the results of 20mm+.  I always get a kick out of people that want to know how they got one-shot with 100 vitality.  When you get hit in the chest with a 20mm high-explosive shell, it really don't matter how many situps you did that morning.

So on tier 1 with 100 vitality, your pilot might live through a few .303 rounds, which is handy but once you get out of T1, your ability to tank bullets doesn't really exist.

• Upvote 1
medal

Max vitality is a waste of time.  Slightly less so in tier 1, since a lot of fighters there are armed with rifle-calibre weapons.  However I'm going to copy-paste something I posted to a similar thread;

Gaijin put an article out a little while back that showed what the skills actually do.  Here's a link, but here's the relevent point;

Vitality - reduces the likelihood of the pilot receiving a mortal wound. For the novice pilot the second .303 bullet hit or comparable shrapnel impact is usually fatal; while a pilot with the vitality maxed out can, with a measure of luck, survive one hit from a .50 (12.7mm) M2 Browning machine gun.

That's right.  With maximum vitality and a bit of luck you MIGHT tank one single M2 round.  Anything higher... forget it.  This is, of course, pretty realistic.  A 50 cal round will seriously wreck the human body.  We won't get into the results of 20mm+.  I always get a kick out of people that want to know how they got one-shot with 100 vitality.  When you get hit in the chest with a 20mm high-explosive shell, it really don't matter how many situps you did that morning.

So on tier 1 with 100 vitality, your pilot might live through a few .303 rounds, which is handy but once you get out of T1, your ability to tank bullets doesn't really exist.

I know that is factually right, but somehow it feels so much more impactful.  I suspect that you survive the splash damage from HE ammunition that doesn't hit your pilot directly somewhat better, otherwise it is hard to explain my personal experiences with leveling up  vitality. 

medal medal medal

really not sure what you mean by 'one shot'? It hardly happens in Air Battles. 

Planes with 37mm cannon will take out anything with one of two hits - often in spectacular fashion. Multiple cannon will also greatly improve the speed, and therefore rate, at which you're able to take out enemy. 

The 4 x 20mm of my Typhoon L/b will take out enemies much faster (and with more ease) than the 6 x 50cals on my P51. I still prefer the 50 calls though. I love those things.  I like the sheer velocity of the projectiies - they make it easier to hit my target.

I don't know what you mean by 'one shot' in relation to Air Battles? It never happens. EVen the big derp-cannons require multiple hits 90% of the time. 

I assume network/connection issues also have a part to play here. Sometimes my ping is 300-380ms and I notice I get waaay less kills when the ping is bad. This is even more pronounced in ground battles. 

medal medal medal medal

Thread is a bit necro-ish but the most common hacks I know of are 20mm Minengeschosse and Hispano V's  :?s They "hack" right through enemy aircraft *ba-dum tss*

Edited by PitchBlackYeti
  • Upvote 1

Getting one-shot / killed out of nowhere is not a hack.  It's a fact of life in air combat.  Sometimes the large-calibre rounds WILL hit your pilot directly, and you'll die before you know what happened.  Sometimes the first 20mm HE rounds that strike your plane WILL blow the wing off.  This is not WoWP.  We do not have health bars.

medal

I think a lot of the responses here fail to appreciate the context.

The original poster is talking about tier 1.

When you first start out in tier 1, the player is likely armed with only a hunting rifle, and everything is weaving and dodging with 12 second turn times... securing a kill is very hard.

But before you're even out of tier 1, you start encountering aircraft with 20mm sniper cannon. It's not really a one-hit kill, but it often means players suddenly start dying faster than their reaction time can kick in from the initial attack -- which is a rude awakening if you've grown accustomed to long drawn-out dogfights. I think that's probably all he's talking about: the shock of encountering heavier weapons at the end of tier 1.

And the answer is: that's what the game is like. Tier 2 through 4 just gets more and more deadly. The guns get bigger while the planes get heavier, less agile, and make less evasive targets. You might survive a deflection shot, but you won't survive getting caught off guard. Extremely good pilots will stay alert, and minimize their exposure; these folks will take damage and survive (you'll hear these folks complain a lot about death by fire -- because fire is one of the few things that really does kill in one hit). But such pilots are a minority; accounting for the whole field, at tier 2 and above, I'd wager more than half of all damaging attacks are lethal.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

I think a lot of the responses here fail to appreciate the context.

The original poster is talking about tier 1.

Referring back to the post I linked above, even at tier 1, it's clear that not many bullets are needed to kill a pilot.  100 vitality means you have a CHANCE.... not a guarantee, but a CHANCE to survive a 50 cal round.  There are several planes at T1 that pack 50s, and a few with 20mm.  And tier 1 planes tend to be unarmored, therefore the pilot has little to no protection.  In fact, WWI aces advocated shooting at the pilots specifically because that was the most effective way to bring planes down.  When you're talking reserve planes, that definitely still applies.  And even if the guy shooting you only has 30 cals, think about this - how many rounds from an AK-47 do you think you could take and still pilot an aircraft?  I'm guessing not many, and that's assuming they don't hit you in a critical location (head, heart, etc.).

medal

1. Depends on plane burst mass
2. Depends on selected ammo type
3. Depends on if all shots in burst connect
4. Depends where shots connect

Using my Fw-190 A5/U2 with gunpod upgrades, I've oneshotted people with a single burst where all six 20mm rounds connected with the target using mineschoss rounds.

Now pilot sniping is far more random and aggravating IMO. Plane shoots tail off your aircraft = pilot knocked out? That makes no sense whatsoever.

[...] When you first start out in tier 1, the player is likely armed with only a hunting rifle, and everything is weaving and dodging with 12 second turn times... securing a kill is very hard.

But before you're even out of tier 1, you start encountering aircraft with 20mm sniper cannon. [...]

[...] There are several planes at T1 that pack 50s, and a few with 20mm.  And tier 1 planes tend to be unarmored, therefore the pilot has little to no protection. [...]

I couldn't figure out here if you are agreeing with me or disagreeing.

Anyway just to reiterate, my point is this:

When new players first start out (in reserve planes), they are flying relatively weakly armed planes, and fights can often go a long time before either player secures a kill. Yes, even at that level a noscope pilot snipe is possible... but it's relatively uncommon; reserve pilots usually have ample opportunity to attempt to react between the point when they first realize they're getting attacked, and the point where they lose their plane.

But then, in the space of less than 1 tier (before even getting to tier 2) the same pilots are facing aircraft that will routinely kill them faster than they can react.

The disparity between these two types of environment, is the rude awakening I think the thread refers to. It's not so much technically about counting the number of bullets required for the kill, but more about the balance of the average burst length required to secure a kill, versus the average reaction times of the pilots. That balance tilts radically between BR 1.0 and BR 1.7.

Sign in to follow this