I have an idea about adding more versions of IK-3 in the game instead of just the original one.

serijski_rev3.jpg

So firstly there would be the original production variant of IK-3 made in 1940.

General characteristics

• Crew: 1
  • Length: 27 ft 5 in (8.38 m)
  • Wingspan: 33 ft 10 in (10.33 m)
  • Height: 10 ft 8 in (3.23 m)
  • Wing area: 179 ft² (16.6 m²)
  • Empty weight: 4,123 lb (1,874 kg)
  • Loaded weight: 5,291 lb (2,405 kg)
  • Powerplant: 1 × Avia-built Hispano-Suiza 12Ycrs V-12 liquid-cooled engine, 920 shp (686 kW)

Performance

Armament

So in 1941. RYAF was planing to equip the plane with better engine.Engines that were considered included an upgraded 1,100 hp Hispano-Suiza 12Y-51, the Daimler-Benz DB 601A and the 1,030 HP Rolls-Royce Merlin III.

So after the fall of France Hispano-Suiza engine was no longer available, so there where two options left.

Second variant i would like to see is an IK-3 equiped with 1,030 HP Rolls-Royce Merlin III engine.

The plane actually existed and saw combat in the April war. In this plane flew the best Yugoslav pilot of this short war sergeant Milisav Semiz who scored 4 air kills against German planes before landing a critically damaged plane on the airport.

I would call this plane IK-3M in the game. I couldnt find the data sheet of the caracteristics but it is just an original IK-3 plane with 110 HP stronger engine so it would just get a performance buff and it would be the same just better flight model. It would be easy to implement it. It was said that the plane had equal performance as BF 109 E-3 of RYAF.

RogozarskyIK-3_PetarBosnicCollec-4.jpg

And the final version of the plane would be the IK-3 with German Daimler-Benz DB 601A engine rated at 1100 HP. This variant would be slightly better than the IK-3M and i would call it IK-3/Late. This variant of plane was never built so it is a blueprint plane but i think it could be easy to made with the flight model of the original IK-3 and it could also be premium aircraft for the Yugoslavia.

1-ik3-j-boucher.jpg

Also i found this interesting pictures of an IK-3 with German markings in front of some German hangar. Looks like the Germans have captured one of surviving IK-3s and were testing their performance:

mtavdi.jpg2powmyh.jpg

Edited by Majstor_44
  • Upvote 7
medal

Pretty nice aircraft, reminds me of the MS. 406 or something french like that.

Yeah they have the same engine and the designers were heavilly inspired by the French aircrafts of that period.

• Upvote 4
medal

Thank you all. Also sorry for some pictures not showing, it should be fixed now. Greeting from Serbia :salute:

medal

Nice pics! It suppose to be that all IK 3 are burned down (mid April 1941.) by crew to awoid capture but it seems that one or two survived...

I think the Germans took these from factory at which IK-3 were built. I read that 4 planes were almost finished at the time of invasion. Also 5 of 12 built IK-3s were not operational and were undergoing maintenance or upgrading on the ground. So there are many posibilities from which Germans could have gotten them.

medal

I always liked this plane , the S-49C is interesting too . Can't wait for this two plane !

2powmyh.jpg

It is a Yugoslav Do 17K in the hangar ?

I always liked this plane , the S-49C is interesting too . Can't wait for this two plane !

It is a Yugoslav Do 17K in the hangar ?

I dont know, could be. From what i know Germans took 3 Yugoslavian planes on the train to Germany after the war. One was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikarus_Orkan, second was Beslin B-5 (both of these were prototypes) and the third is suspected to be IK-3. It was taken to Museum of captured foreign planes in Berlin but museum was damaged heavily in bombarment and IK-3 was destroyed.

We could consider adding the IK-3M if u find the needed information about it.

What kind of info? I doubt i can find some data of flight carateristics of the plane...

medal

What kind of info? I doubt i can find some data of flight carateristics of the plane...

But thats what we need.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

But thats what we need.

Here is some info about the plane that i could find:

• Serbian Wikipedia (i will translate to english): Design team Ilic, Sivčev, Zrnić, planned production of improved versions of aircraft IK-3. For this purpose, the possibility of installing a stronger engine was examined. It was originally planned to install engine Hispano-Suiza 12Y-51 power 820 kW (1100 hp), but because of the fall of France, this engine became inaccessible. It is therefore considered the possibility of a German engine Daimler-Benz DB 601A. To this end, such a engine is incorporated in the British fighter Hawker Hurricane, which is manufactured under license in Yugoslavia. The results were remarkable, but the war prevented further realization of modernization IK-3. At the same time in one IK-3 was built British engine Rolls Royce Merlin III power 770 kW (1030 hp). On this plane, which in the performance was flat with the German Messerschmitt Me-109 E, during the April war flew the most successful pilot of RYAF Sergeant Milisav Semiz, whose serial IK-3 was severely damaged on April 7, when landing on the Zemun airport.
  • Some Serbian sites: In April war entered only 6 correct IK-3 with the 51.  Air Force group. On 31 March 1941, in the mounting department of the factory "Rogožarski" There were three IK-3, two for repairs (no. 2 and no. 3) and one (NO. 7) on the prototype upgrade to series II (with 90% of the completed works). A week later, on April 7, NO. 7 is supplied unit. bringing the number of K-3 who participated in the April war raised to 7 aircraft.
  • Meanwhile, the factory "Rogožarski" first started negotiations, and later received the approval for the production of parts for the second series, which should Aviation paid later. This led to the subsequent production (more precisely, the intention of making) fighter IK-3, which was not originally planned. Although the factory offered produce 50 IK-3 II series, Command has accepted only 25 aircraft. Preparing for their production began in January 1941, without a signed contract. At the request of Army Staff of the Air Force of 30 October 1940 there were planned several changes to the planes of the second series (bulletproof windshield and back armor, self-sealing tanks, Reflex sight and radio stations as well as in Me-109E) that General Simovic urgently required on 18 . March 1941. The additional modifications (installation slots and two additional machine guns in the wings, as well as the modification of the radiator and exhaust pipes). However, the plant could not accept demands that require structural changes to the wing because it was late due to start making the slow process of developing wings. The factory under these requirements managed convert aircraft NO. 7 to prototype of series II, and ordered 25 aircraft IK-3 remained only in the preparation.

So series II was planned modernisation of IK-3 and the NO.7 IK-3 is IK-3M i was talking about. It was only one plane but it saw combat and was proven succesfull. I think that we dont need original caratheristics because as we see in the text additional modifications were not made and only the engine was replaced. We have the data on the original IK-3 and we already have in-game both engines: Hispano-Suiza v12 on D.520 and we also have Rolls Royce Merlins on Spitfires. So it would be using the IK-3 flight model and engine that we alreday have in-game so it would not be to hard to implement.

• Upvote 1
medal

A bit of topic... Did you take into account IK-2 biplane (12 produced) and LVT 1 (Lovac Vazduhoplovno Tehnički 1) just one produced?

Yes for the IK-2 , but not the "Hurriscmitt" 

Tanks?

There are some modified versions of other nations tanks:

• M3 Stuart tank armed with 75mm German anty tank gun Pak 40, named Stuart-Pak

yu_stuart_pak-001.jpg

yu_stuart_pak_mod-001.jpg

• M3 armed with 4x20mm Flak 38, would be pretty good AA

t_jug1_258.jpg

..%5Cimages%5Cgeorge_mcginnis%5Cgeorge_m

There were also some other modifications of Stuarts but these are confirmed and well known.

• Development of T-34 in 1949, Vozilo A or Tank type A

It is basically a T-34 with improved armor, diesel 500hp engine, german optics for gun, new cupola nad some other modifications

t34-85_a-1_4_zps3d4a7932.jpg

It was armed with two MG-42 7.92mm and one 12.7mm Browning machineguns. Armor hull 60/45mm and turret 100/86/60mm.

Nine were built, 7 with 85mm S-53 gun and 2 with 90mm M-36 gun also with his mantlet. So two version could make it into the game and the second would be very interesting.

Edited by Majstor_44
  • Upvote 5
medal