Update 08.05.2015 (Server Update)

Server Update 08.05.2015

The following changes are a server update that will be implemented on the game servers within 24 hours. During this time, bug reports regarding specifics mentioned here and their effect in a battle will not be considered as a bug and as such will not be taken into consideration.

• Damage inflicted directly to crew members by kinetic-energy projectiles increased;
  • Turret rotation speed of T34 series tanks is set at 25 degrees per sec. According to “T-34 Guideline” p. 23;
  • Damage effect of 75-85mm armour piercing rounds is fixed according to the amount of explosives they have;
  • Ki-21-1 - The RPM the engine runs at when taking-off has been changed. Now, it set to 2400 RPM. Maximum speed is achieved through WEP (throttle at 100%).

Note: This server update applies to all platforms unless specifically highlighted.

• Upvote 7

• Damage inflicted directly to crew members by kinetic-energy projectiles increased;

Probably the best update to GF since they nerfed Shell damage 5 -6 months ago, fkn great to see it tho

medal medal medal medal

• Turret rotation speed of T34 series tanks is set at 25 degrees per sec. According to “T-34 Guideline” p. 23;

*T-34, T34 withouth a "-" is the calioppe.

• Damage effect of 75-85mm armour piercing rounds is fixed according to the amount of explosives they have;

RIP german 75mm....

• Upvote 9
medal medal

I am assuming the m103s on the kugleblitz preform better now?

medal

What i'm noticing is the 76mm M62 shot's require now a third shell instead of 2 to knock out tanks. It's 'pop' is a lot smaller than it had been. Is that what i should be noticing from this update that it and 75-76mm rounds got their effectiveness reduced by chance?

medal medal medal medal

Does this mean the exposed crewmembers on open top vehicles will stop soaking up bullets from my plane like Robocop?

medal medal medal medal medal medal

"•Damage effect of 75-85mm armour piercing rounds is fixed according to the amount of explosives they have"

Now I'm worried. This reminds me of http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/193941-client-26112014-1431020/

Please don't let this be a re-run of the German 75mm nerf from last November. Remember how that turned out?

• Upvote 2
medal

It would be nice to have some information on what exactly has been changed with the turret rotation speed. Is 25°/sec faster or slower than previously?

Same with the damaging effect of 75-85mm rounds. The patchnotes always just say "changed" or "tuned" or such stuff. Would be nice to know if it has been increased or decreased.

• Upvote 11
medal medal

Changing the damage effects of solid shots huh. Here's hoping the fragmentation or spalling actually do more than just green damage now then. As for the change to the 75-85mm rounds,
I'm cautious of this as last time they were altered, the 7.5cm gun on the Panther became a running gag. I really hope this isn't a repeat of that time.
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Let's see how the Russian 45mm and 76mm do now, some variants have got quadruple the HE amount compared to German shells (albeit Germany uses often stronger explosive types in comparison).

medal medal medal medal medal

yes i know that i will come over angry but its just meant in an critical way ;)s

so why is the damage still modeled after the He charge of those shells yes the He filling dose inflict damage to the crew but the most dmg comes from the fragments of the shell (naturally if the HE charge is big enough the crew is toast)

lesser charge bigger fragments that can bounce in the tank big charge many fragments that dont deal as much dmg and dont bounce as much

also the tip of all APHE shells should fly further after the explosion (there are reports of 75mm Pzgr. 39/42 that frontally penetratet an T 34 exploded and the tip was flying half way through the engine in the back)

greets Iluminas

• Upvote 8
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Damage inflicted directly to crew members by kinetic-energy projectiles increased; :good:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Damage effect of 75-85mm armour piercing rounds is fixed according to the amount of explosives they have; :facepalm:

An AP round with HE filler regardless explosive amount would render a tank out of combat if it goes of in the crew compartment - the only difference would be the amount of crew members that survive the impact to tell about why they abandoned the tank. Since in this game a tank is not rendered inoperable until all crew members have been knocked out this mechanic is unbalancing the game in a highly unrealistic way. If you do not want bias accusations then why do you always do overly  obvious stuff like this?  - Not amused!

medal medal medal

Damage effect of 75-85mm armour piercing rounds is fixed according to the amount of explosives they have

It couldn't get more vague than this. What source defines the "amount"?

medal medal medal

I'll be running my Panther's to test out how this has effected their damage potential.

Will report back shortly.

• Upvote 2
medal medal

yes i know that i will come over angry but its just meant in an critical way ;)s

so why is the damage still modeled after the He charge of those shells yes the He filling dose inflict damage to the crew but the most dmg comes from the fragments of the shell (naturally if the HE charge is big enough the crew is toast)

lesser charge bigger fragments that can bounce in the tank big charge many fragments that dont deal as much dmg and dont bounce as much

also the tip of all APHE shells should fly further after the explosion (there are reports of 75mm Pzgr. 39/42 that frontally penetratet an T 34 exploded and the tip was flying half way through the engine in the back)

greets Iluminas

and there are afaik reports of the KWK 43 penning the front of T-34 and then f-ing up the engine of the tank thanks to the massive power of the gun...

I'll be running my Panther's to test out how this has effected their damage potential.

Will report back shortly.

dito

RIP german 75mm....

"RIP"? it'd be more like "RIEMP" Rest in even more Peace... if it really got worse...

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

If that gets modelled would be nice ^^ I read that in a D-25T test the round penetrated a Panther's hull, but the shell (tip I guess) got through the engine and pierced the rear plate.

medal