Naughty_17

Supermarine Seafire FR Mk.47

So which engine is it? Griffon 87 or Griffon 88?

• First fourteen Seafire FR.47s used 87's
  • The last seventy-three Seafire FR.47's used Griffon 88's

Using your logic from the P-47M data sheet, these engines are not the same as the Griffon 88 was fitted with an improved combined fuel injector and pump which increased the Seafire's performance under g-forces all the while adding 70kg to the aircraft weight

Edited by SubRyan
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal

Using your logic from the P-47M data sheet, these engines are not the same as the Griffon 88 was fitted with an improved combined fuel injector and pump which increased the Seafire's performance under g-forces all the while adding 70kg to the aircraft weight

Just maybe a really big maybe.. the engine upgrade on the plane switches them? Would be awesome.. that could make a way for the Jumo213EB to appear Soon™

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Didn't all Fr.47's run on 25lbs of boost producing 2350hp? The boost settings aren't right at all. :(

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Didn't all Fr.47's run on 25lbs of boost producing 2350hp? The boost settings aren't right at all. :(

They did, but I guess Gaijin nerfed it right of the bat.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't both the Griffon 87 and the Griffon 88 run on +25 PSI boost?

They did, but they probably got nerfed for balancing? I'm unsure.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Naughty, your boost settings are wrong, and even the description of the FR.47 has it right.

http://i.imgur.com/gy5BMfn.jpg

They did, but they probably got nerfed for balancing? I'm unsure.

Whelp, I guess it's time to wait for Lassar's next Q & A thread and see if he can't get the FM team's attention, seeing as we haven't been able to.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Seems the only pilot notes list 18lbs of boost. Sad day indeed.[attachment=139581:2681_001.pdf] Edited by Gunjob
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

As I'm currently playing the 47 extensively ... Can we get a comment on the discrepancy of the description in game and its performance?

medal medal medal medal medal

As I'm currently playing the 47 extensively ... Can we get a comment on the discrepancy of the description in game and its performance?

http://www.spitfireperformance.com/seafire47.pdf

because of this. 

I suggest moving this seafire down to a BR of 5.0 or 4.7. It has similar performance to a BF109G6 or a Yak9u and should be BRd similarly. 

562kph at sl and barely 4k fpm at SL and only 3kfpm at 10k feet is nothing special. 

It's irl advantages were lots of range and no torque, neither of this matter in war thunder (see P38). 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

It would fit better in at BR 6.0 without the "nerf" As it is in game it would fit better at 5.3

Seems the only pilot notes list 18lbs of boost. Sad day indeed.attachicon.gif2681_001.pdf

We all know by now that there is no proof (so far) that the FR 47 used +25 boost, only that the engine was cleared to use it. Gunjob even contacted the FAA museum and got a copy of the pilot notes stating it was using +18 boost. (http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/236476-seafire-fr47/page-2#entry4590487) If the FAA museum doesn't have the performance charts for a +25 boost, I doubt anyone else does.

medal medal medal

Still... As it is it's useless at BR 6.0, hell the Sea Fury should rather be the one on 6.0 and the Seafire FR 47 at 5.0, or 5.3 It simply can't compete with what it meet at BR 6-7

its still can compete barely on the BR 6.0 but it need to be like you said at in the BR 5.3 have the same performance characteristics to the p-51 D -30 with 4 20mm hispannos and sub-par engine performance.   

medal medal