Naughty_17

Messerschmitt Bf 109 B-1

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15IaupdjRaqvJev7tAltczrpIKiBgAKVxLhoYRDnWDjo/pubhtml?gid=971574216&single=true

• Upvote 2

at 1.7/2.0 BR its gonna suffer: a BnZ fighter with weak armement, just look at the E-1 with better performance and armement

medal

No reason to fly it, just use the E-1. (in my opinion of course)

Edited by Javafox
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

at 1.7/2.0 BR its gonna suffer: a BnZ fighter with weak armement, just look at the E-1 with better performance and armement

Not a BnZ fighter. None of the Bf 109s are. This is also (or should be) significantly more maneuverable than the later DB 601 models, because it is a lot lighter.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Not a BnZ fighter. None of the Bf 109s are. This is also (or should be) significantly more maneuverable than the later DB 601 models, because it is a lot lighter.

well, energy fighter, lol, i was in a rush to type this!!!

medal

That's right. This is a more tail sitting slanted kind, though. If I were to hazard a guess based on specifications and without being able to try it out in game, I'd say this will fly similar to the early variants of He 112. Such as the V-5 or A-0.

The E-1 on the other hand is very hard to tail sit on, which is why its weaponry is so incredibly awful.

medal medal medal

Wait? There has been a BF-109B data sheet for two days and I didn't even notice? :?s

Good stuff, quite surprissed that you manage to found data for it's climb rate to 5,000 meters. Every source online I had found only refers to it's climbrate to 6,000 meters (and considering that it claims that it took almost 10 miunutes to get there I'm very surprissed that it only took 7:30 for 5,000 meters).

Also the top speed at Sea Level has take one big hit compared to the placeholder FM. With Automatic engine control it struggles to keep 385 km/h... I guess that's actually more accurate, tough.

EDITED EDIT*: Apparently they gave it a 1.7BR upon the offical patch release. I still think that is a bit too much.

Edited by babehunter1250

Minor bug with the Bf109B-1. 

It has the same engine sound as the other Bf109's which use various versions of the DB 60x engines however the Bf109 B-1 used the Jumo 210D engine, the same engine family as the He112's so it should sound more like them.

• Upvote 3

Some issues in this datasheet:

Jumo 210D had a two-speed supercharger, not a two-stage.

Maximum horsepower was 690 PS at ~800m, not 700 at 900

unlimited power with 2600rpm and 1.2 ata is wrong, at best 2500rpm and 1.1 ata - even in the newer chart 2600 + 1.2 is labelled as 30min power (and 2700/1.3 as 5-min power)

[attachment=138243:Jumo-210-09.JPG]

Please note it states "Nutzleistung" = usable power. There's at least one other graph just showing "Leistung" (power). This other chart may be pure engine power without substractions for secondary power consumers or they indeed changed the supercharger setup in a newer revision of the Jumo 210D (which wasn't available for the Bf 109B but in the 109D).

• Upvote 2

So I've been looking at ways to try and improve the Bf-109B in various ways in-game, and while I haven't had much time to look, I did find out that several of them were built with a third machine gun mounted between the engine's cylinders in the same arrangement later used for the centerline-mounted cannons of subsequent models (although these were not accepted as standard as engine vibration caused frequent jamming).  Since such reliability issues aren't present in-game, it could be possible to add a third machine gun as an unlockable upgrade, and while not a significant increase in firepower, since all three MGs are clustered closely together it should prove to be at least a bit more effective against other fighters.

Now I just need to find a couple of more sources (besides Wikipedia, which lists Uwe Feist's The Fighting Me 109 as the source for that claim before it can be accepted as a suggestion (Gaijin requires a minimum of two sources for such things).

That being said, this thing should primarily be fighting early I-16s rather than Hurricanes.

Edited by Z3r0_
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

why is it tear II anyway ?

it should be tier I on top of the 109 line and the HE 112s should be move over the 190 line

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

So I've been looking at ways to try and improve the Bf-109B in various ways in-game, and while I haven't had much time to look, I did find out that several of them were built with a third machine gun mounted between the engine's cylinders in the same arrangement later used for the centerline-mounted cannons of subsequent models (although these were not accepted as standard as engine vibration caused frequent jamming).  Since such reliability issues aren't present in-game, it could be possible to add a third machine gun as an unlockable upgrade, and while not a significant increase in firepower, since all three MGs are clustered closely together it should prove to be at least a bit more effective against other fighters.

Now I just need to find a couple of more sources (besides Wikipedia, which lists Uwe Feist's The Fighting Me 109 as the source for that claim before it can be accepted as a suggestion (Gaijin requires a minimum of two sources for such things).

That being said, this thing should primarily be fighting early I-16s rather than Hurricanes.

The B-models only had the third MG in the models with wooden fixed pitch Prop (and often removed), none were ever fitted to models with variable pitch prop.

medal

The B-models only had the third MG in the models with wooden fixed pitch Prop (and often removed), none were ever fitted to models with variable pitch prop.

According to who?

Because that's not what I found online:

http://bioold.science.ku.dk/drnash/model/spain/bf109.html

Note that the wooden propeller BF-109's had a pointed cowling which wouldn't allow the installation of a third gun while the one with the variable pitch propeller did.

This source also claims that it was the "B-2" (the one we have in-game) the one that could mount a third MG-17 (tough it wasn't reliable.)

http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/weapons_bf_109B.html

Edited by babehunter1250

According to who?

Because that's not what I found online:

http://bioold.science.ku.dk/drnash/model/spain/bf109.html

Note that the wooden propeller BF-109's had a pointed cowling which wouldn't allow the installation of a third gun while the one with the variable pitch propeller did.

This source also claims that it was the "B-2" the one that could mount a third MG-17 (tough it wasn't reliable.)

http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/weapons_bf_109B.html

Excellent.  Now, I may or may not have time to make a thread on it today, but I'll try to.

Edited by Z3r0_
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Bf 109 B   - 700 HP = Br 2.0

ŁaGG 3-8 - 1100 HP = Br 1.7

P-36A - 1200 HP = Br 1.3

Also He-51 vs Lagg-3

Historikal accuracy)))

Fair and balanced))

• Upvote 3
medal

And someone should fix the name, Bf.109 is nomenclature for italian aircraft.

No. Unless you mean just the dot.

Edited by ThorinGR
medal medal medal

In the plane's manual it is spelled just "BF 109 B" without anything in between.

That's why i called the current designation italian nomenclature as they used dots.

BTW the manual has some engine data on page 11/12 (original) or 19/20 in the online version. The currently used water temp limit seems to be a bit off for a non-pressurized cooling system - 95 degree is stated as maximum up to 2km.

Guys - I know 109B had two-speed supercharger but was this automated?
Right now in game around 2000m 2nd speed kicks. In my tests at 88% throttle at 1900m I had ATA about 1.0 while at 2100m it was around 1.2. Same throttle, same RPM.

Shouldn't there be option to control this manually in full engine control mode?

medal medal medal