LordLetto

Bf-109Z "Zwilling", The German F-82 Using the BF-109

I Don't Know if it's been suggested before as I can't access the Previously Suggested List and I checked the 1st Half of the Passed to Devs Section and never seen it there.

Basically the Bf-109Z "Zwilling" Was a Experimental 109 that was essentially 2 Bf-109F Airframes joined together using a New Wing Center Section and Tailplane, both of constant chord, in a manner paralleled by the F-82 Twin Mustang. in the Pre-Production Model, the Right fuselage cockpit was faired over and the pilot flew from the left fuselage, additional mods included moving the main undercarriage hinges further inward with associated strengthening of the fuselage and mods to the Forward wing structure.

​there were to be 4 variants of it, a interceptor with 5 30mm cannons and a 1000kg (2200Lb) Bomb load, a Fighter-Bomber with 2 MK 108 Cannons and up to 2x2200Lb Bombs, Both would be Powered by the DB 605 Engine, 2 more would be designed on paper similar to the 1st 2 but powered by Jumo 213 Engines. Only 1 was Built and was never flown as it was damaged in it's hanger during a allied bombing raid in 1943 with the project being permanently abandoned in 1944.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Bf_109_variants#Bf_109Z_.22Zwilling.22

http://www.klueser.eu/Me109.php

Green, W.; Warplanes of the Third Reich, Macdonald and Jane's, 1970.

A Bit of Data Posted in one of the Pics:

Bf109Z-1 (Data Based on Project Estimates)

Span: 13.270m

Length: 9.048m

Height: 2.690m

Weight Empty: 6000kg

Weight Loaded: 7280kg

Max Range: 1995km

Wing Area: 32.2sq.m

Max Speed: 743km/h at 8000m

Cruise Speed: 570km/h at 3000m

Service Ceiling: 11700m

Pics (in Spoilers cause a Symbol on Tail that May be Offensive to some People):

[Spoiler]454965_orig.jpg

Bf109Z_3Seiten_neu.jpg3bm109z.jpg[/Spoiler]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 27
medal

I thought this plane never flew...where is the data coming from?

Edit http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/234805-add-the-zwilling/

Some one else wanted this to be added and a lot of people disagreed with it because it was a paper plane that never flew. Gaijin has to make up a fake FM for the 109z that may or may not be correct. There are so many better german fighters that could be added. Paper planes only should be added to countries that is lacking planes. Thats why japan got the r2y2s. Germany has plenty of planes and this is not an issue. With that said, The Zwilling is not needed in war thunder. 

Edited by SUBW00FER
  • Upvote 5

I actually have a book in my possession which I could use to give you some more info on the aircraft if required.

+1

EDIT: Turns out it was suggested before, but oh well.

Edited by Z3r0_
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 30 mm? Gib.

Seriously now, I agree that this plane is not as needed as others, and that there's no flight performance for it, but it's not a full paper plane, in the sense that it was going to fly if it hadn't been bombed. For this reason, I support it.

• Upvote 4
medal

i need dis. how about the He 111-Z too :3

+1

Well considering how that thing actually DID fly I don't see anything against that one...other than the fact that it'd be too wide for most of the airfields in-game no thanks to the guard towers that are usually rather close to the runway (not to mention the take-off run).

Edited by Z3r0_
  • Thanks 1

Well considering how that thing actually DID fly I don't see anything against that one...other than the fact that it'd be too wide for most of the airfields in-game no thanks to the guard towers that are usually rather close to the runway (not to mention the take-off run).

Could get air start like the arado after it repairs

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

wikipedia is not a source. Can you find any proof of the aircraft being actually built?

F-82 exists to give the US a heavy fighter, Germany has plenty of those, and even more to come. What's the point of this paper plane?

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

wikipedia is not a source. Can you find any proof of the aircraft being actually built?

F-82 exists to give the US a heavy fighter, Germany has plenty of those, and even more to come. What's the point of this paper plane?

Actually wikipedia is a source, not the most reliable but it is still a source.

Also the Bf-109Z was a Prototype, however it was destroyed by Allied bombings before it could fly.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Mostly for the novelty value, and I would imagine it would be something in-between the Me-410s and Ho-229 (along with the Do-335 once we finally get that thing added) on the tech tree.

• Upvote 1