Naughty_17

Republic P-47M-1-RE

Yeah, the performance should be correct if they're going for sale.. Selling us a premium P-47M with a seriously lacking performance and much higher B.R is kind of a.. well, scammy move ;/

medal

Yeah, the performance should be correct if they're going for sale.. Selling us a premium P-47M with a seriously lacking performance and much higher B.R is kind of a.. well, scammy move ;/

Well, the P-47D can hold its own on BR5.7 wiithout problem. The battle rating is not the problem. It is in that regard rather amusing as the D variant is not at a higher BR.

We'll see what happens once the six barreled P-47M joins the regular tree with the N.

EDIT: The 47D-28 gives me 2000hp take-off and 2300hp WEP on 30m, which is 100hp to 360hp worse than the data from the 47N.

EDITEDIT: 47D-28 has got 2302hp WEP at 8010m (hp was consistant during the entire climb). Which is 500hp worse than the M variant.

medal medal medal medal medal

Well, the P-47D can hold its own on BR5.7 wiithout problem. The battle rating is not the problem. It is in that regard rather amusing as the D variant is not at a higher BR.

We'll see what happens once the six barreled P-47M joins the regular tree with the N.

EDIT: The 47D-28 gives me 2000hp take-off and 2300hp WEP on 30m, which is 100hp to 360hp worse than the data from the 47N.

EDITEDIT: 47D-28 has got 2302hp WEP at 8010m (hp was consistant during the entire climb). Which is 500hp worse than the M variant.

So if this is not getting 6 x M2 Brownings option then the entire data sheet is wrong, as this data sheet is for the P-47M that had 6 x M2 Brownings

Edited by SubRyan
medal medal medal

So if this is not getting 6 x M2 Brownings option then the entire data sheet is wrong, as this data sheet is for the P-47M that had 6 x M2 Brownings

Problematic, as Bostwick's Thunderbolt had (very likely) eight Brownings: http://imgur.com/a/3lfmg

Still hoping for a six barreled M soon©

• Upvote 1

As of the update going live the plane only makes 2300 HP and is using the P-47D's FM this is sad.

That's a bug, should be fixed by tomorrow or so.

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal

Problematic, as Bostwick's Thunderbolt had (very likely) eight Brownings: http://imgur.com/a/3lfmg

Still hoping for a six barreled M soon©

6 x M2's was the normal combat condition for P-47M's. 8 x M2 Brownings was considered the overload combat condition

The 8 gun version would most likely perform slightly worse (slightly lower climb, lower rate of roll, etc.) than the 6 gun version

medal medal medal

6 x M2's was the normal combat condition for P-47M's. 8 x M2 Brownings was considered the overload combat condition

The 8 gun version would most likely perform slightly worse (slightly lower climb, lower rate of roll, etc.) than the 6 gun version

I flew it in test flight and it was worse than the D-28...

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

6 x M2s with 2 more as "overload" was considered the normal combat condition for the P-47D too. It's irrelevant. 

Seems to be fixed now.

Runs 2827hp WEP on 22m. Testing FM right now.

EDIT:

TAS 591 kph = IAS 589 kph (it might get more, due the torque I needed to trim rudder to ~14°)

2828.7 hp WEP @ 2800 RPM

atm 2.41

Radiator: 0%

Mixture: 119%

Altitude: 63m

Fuel: 41min

Zoomclimb (30°) from the above settings: 1560m @ 280 kph IAS

EDIT EDIT:

Comparison with P-47D-28

TAS 546 kph = IAS 545 kph (it might get more, due the torque I needed to trim rudder to ~14°)

2302.2 hp WEP @ 2700 RPM

atm 1.87

Altitude: 25m

Fuel: 41,5min

Zoomclimb (30°) from 60m with 590 IAS (like M): 1230m @ 280 kph IAS

• Upvote 2

Nicely done. It even has the dive flaps under the wings now

medal medal medal

For comparison the D-28 with M data (previous page OP) on 32000 feet / 9756 m:

TAS 700 kph / IAS 413 kph             TAS 762 kph

2131.3 hp WEP @ 2700 RPM         ~2800 hp WEP @ 2800 RPM

atm 1.73

Altitude: 9762m

Fuel: 24:40min

Also: The values for the P-47D are really clean. The engine FM seems to be old ("bad")

Both aircraft have a redline speed of 885 IAS @ 1000m

Edited by SupermarioPS
  • Upvote 1

With a 40% mixture you can reach 780kph at 32,000ft.

590kph at sea level.

This plane is a fucking powerhouse.

Nicely done. It even has the dive flaps under the wings now

they are not modeled correctly however. they act like dive breaks when they were actually flaps.

attached is test data on the dive recovery flaps used on the P-38. the system used there is the same used on the P-47M and F8F so its performance should be similar.

LzOnnI2.jpg

Edited by Rumpullpus
medal medal

Submitted this Ticket to Gajin on the description of our P-47M

https://online.gaijinent.com/story.php?title=Weapons-Victory_George-Bostwicks-P-47M-1-RE-Thunderbolt#_ga=1.151985145.1534100521.1392329363
This claims that the P-47M-1-RE flown by George E. Bostwick was the only P-47 to shoot down a Me-262, "George E. Bostwick was the only US pilot to shoot down a twin engined Me.262 jet fighter while flying a piston-engined P-47 Thunderbolt. "

However, this is false, there were several P-47s that bagged 262 kills
http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/p-47/p-47-encounter-reports.html is a list of P-47 kill claims, there are many, many Me-262 kills.
Joseph Myers: http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/p-47/er/78-myers-28aug44.jpg
Walter R. Groce: http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/p-47/er/56-groce-1nov44.jpg
There were more, I think there were about 4 or 5 262 kills in the link, but this alone is enough to prove that there were other P-47 pilots to shoot down 262s . I look forwards to seeing this fixed!

Or is it just Russian propoganda, they can't have more western pilots shooting down German jets than their single soviet pilot?

medal medal medal medal

With a 40% mixture you can reach 780kph at 32,000ft.

590kph at sea level.

This plane is a xxxx powerhouse.

wanna play a real powerhouse? j2m, performance similar to yak3 (imho its slightly better) and has BR of 3.3

SupermarioPS (Posted )

"Republic P-47M". Please do not go off-topic.

Submitted this Ticket to Gajin on the description of our P-47M

https://online.gaijinent.com/story.php?title=Weapons-Victory_George-Bostwicks-P-47M-1-RE-Thunderbolt#_ga=1.151985145.1534100521.1392329363
This claims that the P-47M-1-RE flown by George E. Bostwick was the only P-47 to shoot down a Me-262, "George E. Bostwick was the only US pilot to shoot down a twin engined Me.262 jet fighter while flying a piston-engined P-47 Thunderbolt. "

However, this is false, there were several P-47s that bagged 262 kills
http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/p-47/p-47-encounter-reports.html is a list of P-47 kill claims, there are many, many Me-262 kills.
Joseph Myers: http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/p-47/er/78-myers-28aug44.jpg
Walter R. Groce: http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/p-47/er/56-groce-1nov44.jpg
There were more, I think there were about 4 or 5 262 kills in the link, but this alone is enough to prove that there were other P-47 pilots to shoot down 262s . I look forwards to seeing this fixed!

Or is it just Russian propoganda, they can't have more western pilots shooting down German jets than their single soviet pilot?

It's just gaijin being lazy and not doing enough research.

medal medal

So what happened to the dive recovery flaps?

Edited by SubRyan
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

So what happened to the dive recovery flaps?

removed until the dive recovery flaps can be properly modeled I guess. we will probably get them back around the same time we get a P-38L (aka Soontm lol).

Dive recovery brakes were intended to assist the aircraft in pulling out of intense pressure / high G dives that would normally result in control loss or instability. They were not for slowing the plane down as such like a traditional airbrake. 

They are missing (dive recovery flaps) currently yes and it has been reported, however having unrealistic airbrakes which the aircraft did not have is not any better. Its likely they will be reworked and fixed based on the information and report I posted above. However If you have extra info that you think would help, as I said I would be happy to forward it.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

If only you didn't nerf it to P-47D levels, which the P-47D is running on P-47C-5 engine settings... oh Gaijin, why you so stupid?

So I have a question...

Why does the Engine generate more Horsepower at 32,000ft than it does at SL again?

Massive turbo supercharger.

medal medal medal

If only you didn't nerf it to P-47D levels, which the P-47D is running on P-47C-5 engine settings... oh Gaijin, why you so stupid?

What nerf are you talking about? Enlighten me. There was nothing in regards to FM chances in patchnotes and it still feels the same to me.

What nerf are you talking about? Enlighten me. There was nothing in regards to FM chances in patchnotes and it still feels the same to me.

Sometime in July, Gaijin totally broke the P-47M. Decreased correct top speed, removed airbrakes, 

medal medal medal

Sometime in July, Gaijin totally broke the P-47M. Decreased correct top speed, removed airbrakes, 

The P-47M never had dive brakes.. It had "Dive-Recovery brakes" which work differently and they will get implemtend again in the next big patch. (VSN said that)

I don't know what you are talking about with the top speed. I can still hit 764 km/h in my P-47M at 9200m which is actually 4 km/h too fast.

Top speed is only achievable by using MEC and closing the radiator + 40% mixture helps a lot at high altitudes..

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The P-47M never had dive brakes.. It had "Dive-Recovery brakes" which work differently and they will get implemtend again in the next big patch. (VSN said that)

I don't know what you are talking about with the top speed. I can still hit 764 km/h in my P-47M at 9200m which is actually 4 km/h too fast.

Top speed is only achievable by using MEC and closing the radiator + 40% mixture helps a lot at high altitudes..

Ok thanks, I'll check it out. I know the dive brakes were improperly modeled, they are just supposed to force the nose up in a high speed dive.

Edited by CptFlyingFort
medal medal medal