CelticArchangel

The New T28 and T95 of Update 1.49

So there is a bit of a stink started about this whole T95 and T28 American tank destroyers coming to War Thunder in update 1.49. A few have down right lost their minds on the forums. Question. What's the big deal???

Now before someone loses their mind in the comments, I need to briefly mention a few things.

-When the Maus was revealed last update, we had the same thing. People tripping out in the forums in rage that the Maus was coming, it was the end of Warthunder, Gaijin have killed GF, the tank will be too OP, "If they bring the Maus, I'm leaving Warthunder and their OP POS Maus".. etc etc etc..    ...yet, none of this happened. People discovered the Maus was just as easily killed and life went on.

-People are now complaining this T28/T95 business is a fail for Gaijin because they are the same vehicle. I won't argue that. What I will point out is... how many T-54s are in game? Panthers? T-34s? King Tigers? M4s?  Anyone???  Just curious why all these different tanks and their families get a pass but the idea of a T28/T95 split enrages everyone. The IS-2 and IS-2 1944 for the sake of the odd thing (armor, etc) are pretty much the same vehicle.

So WHAT if the T28 and the T95 are the same thing? We have to plow through the entire Panther tree. Maybe the T28 will be the early design and the 95 will be the more polished version with the additional tracks throw on.

How about for once the community stops running for their torches and pitchforks every time Gaijin tries for something new. No one says you HAVE to play. Let them develop their product and lets ACTUALLY see pictures and footage of their finished product before tearing them a new one for merely mentioning up and coming product. Sound good?

Cheers

Carrier_ (Posted )

Game Discussion → Machinery of War Discussion → Ground Forces Discussion → USA → General & Upcoming
  • Upvote 8

You know what's gonna be the funny part?

T95 moves at 13km/h MAX on level ground and on a road

Now put sand,dirt,or anything that isnt a round,make it not be level.....

Now you have a piece of shite that moves at about 6km/h

Fun.

• Upvote 4

You're speaking out of ignorance. The two models are perfectly identical except that one has a double set of tracks.

If they just make the single set tracked one a premium vehicle with worse handling or whatever, that's one thing, but it sounds more like they're just going to exist that way to extend the grind and pad out the roster.

• Upvote 3

Most of the stink comes from what others mentioned, they only needed one. Hell If two, count them two Freedom snails can make it in and the M36 Jackson can't I am going to be one sorely upset individual.

Another reason people are all bent out of shape is because some are hell bent on convincing them self this is some Gaijen conspiracy to make Germany (The Maus) Obsolete and worthless to use for any addition that even looks like it can challenge the Maus's armor is some 'Power Creep' sekret document, Red headed German step child hating plan of action against their beloved baby.

I don't know but that's just what it seems like to me. Though in my opinion they needed to add 6 vehicles to make the US armor fan in me squee with joy. The. M8A1 (Cause screw that event/Lottery), M3 GMC,M10, M18/M18 90mm, and the M36. Even if they''d of just added the M10, M18, and M36

I'd of been utterly excited.

So this stink about the T95 will go along with the stink about the Maus, and the huge fuss that was the M103 and onward this cycle shall continue because i doubt this game will satisfy everyone and forever more someone is gonna have a reason to put forth a reason as to why their favorite machine is not doing as good, or one they despise is doing better than they feel it should.

Just buckle in and accept the ride I say.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Most of the stink comes from what others mentioned, they only needed one. Hell If two, count them two Freedom snails can make it in and the M36 Jackson can't I am going to be one sorely upset individual.

Another reason people are all bent out of shape is because some are hell bent on convincing them self this is some Gaijen conspiracy to make Germany (The Maus) Obsolete and worthless to use for any addition that even looks like it can challenge the Maus's armor is some 'Power Creep' sekret document, Red headed German step child hating plan of action against their beloved baby.

I don't know but that's just what it seems like to me. Though in my opinion they needed to add 6 vehicles to make the US armor fan in me squee with joy. The. M8A1 (Cause screw that event/Lottery), M3 GMC,M10, M18/M18 90mm, and the M36. Even if they''d of just added the M10, M18, and M36

I'd of been utterly excited.

So this stink about the T95 will go along with the stink about the Maus, and the huge fuss that was the M103 and onward this cycle shall continue because i doubt this game will satisfy everyone and forever more someone is gonna have a reason to put forth a reason as to why their favorite machine is not doing as good, or one they despise is doing better than they feel it should.

Just buckle in and accept the ride I say.

M36 jackson probably wasnt ready yet to be included in 1.49, i'm sure we'll get it somewhere down the line

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

:facepalm:  They are the same tank, no differences. The idea that the T28 has one set of tracks all stems from WoT.

This from the prelim vehicle topic:

Actually, here are the pics, compliments of The Chieftan, reuploaded so I'm not hotlinking off a competitor site :)

[spoiler]

T28 with full tracks:

e6ce1u.jpg

T28 with outer tracks removed:

fdx95j.jpg

T95 with full tracks:

x281zr.jpg

T95 with one outer track removed:

sxkbo8.jpg

[/spoiler]

Same. Vehicle.

The outer set of tracks bolt on. The T95/T28 is absurdly wide, so the out tracks were made removeable so it could be placed on things like train cars. You unbolt one outer track, drive around and line up the other side, bolt both outer tracks together and unbolt from the main tank, then tow them with cables like a trailer. It's adorable.

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

T28 and T95 are exactly the same vehicle with the same number of tracks.

• Upvote 2
medal medal

People are really really affected by this T28 and T95 thingy. Can't imagine.  :crazy:

medal medal medal medal medal medal

So there is a bit of a stink started about this whole T95 and T28 American tank destroyers coming to War Thunder in update 1.49. A few have down right lost their minds on the forums. Question. What's the big deal???

Now before someone loses their mind in the comments, I need to briefly mention a few things.

-When the Maus was revealed last update, we had the same thing. People tripping out in the forums in rage that the Maus was coming, it was the end of Warthunder, Gaijin have killed GF, the tank will be too OP, "If they bring the Maus, I'm leaving Warthunder and their OP POS Maus".. etc etc etc..    ...yet, none of this happened. People discovered the Maus was just as easily killed and life went on.

-People are now complaining this T28/T95 business is a fail for Gaijin because they are the same vehicle. I won't argue that. What I will point out is... how many T-54s are in game? Panthers? T-34s? King Tigers? M4s?  Anyone???  Just curious why all these different tanks and their families get a pass but the idea of a T28/T95 split enrages everyone. The IS-2 and IS-2 1944 for the sake of the odd thing (armor, etc) are pretty much the same vehicle.

So WHAT if the T28 and the T95 are the same thing? We have to plow through the entire Panther tree. Maybe the T28 will be the early design and the 95 will be the more polished version with the additional tracks throw on.

How about for once the community stops running for their torches and pitchforks every time Gaijin tries for something new. No one says you HAVE to play. Let them develop their product and lets ACTUALLY see pictures and footage of their finished product before tearing them a new one for merely mentioning up and coming product. Sound good?

Cheers

The T54 actually came in quite a few variants.  So did the IS-2.  And there were thousands upon thousands of them built.  There were only 2 T28/T95's ever built.  Two.  2.  That's it.  Only two.  Each one seems to get its own vehicle class.  As someone who loves playing US tanks, I'm dreading the T28/T95.  It's so slow as to be useless in most matches.  By the time it reaches the battlefield, the result will be secured one way or another.  If enough of them spawn at once, just chalk up a loss.  Will is be a bear frontally?  Sure.  The thing will have about a .5 hp/ton power to weight ration.  Do you have any idea what that means for its manueverability?  At least the Maus has a turret.  These things will be so easy to kill.  And they won't be able to climb hills.  Yuck.

Edited by Pope_Shizzle
medal

I don't care anymore. WT has gone full WoT style in terms of vehicles a long time ago. They can start adding things like Waffentrager E-100 as far as I'm concerned.

Guys, it's very simple - it's easier for them to do it the power-creep way, then finding gameplay sollutions that would sort things out. You know where the biggest problem is? At the top of the hangar, the "To Battle!" button and "must have shorter waiting time" dictate.

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal

I don't care anymore. WT has gone full WoT style in terms of vehicles a long time ago. They can start adding things like Waffentrager E-100 as far as I'm concerned.

Guys, it's very simple - it's easier for them to do it the power-creep way, then finding gameplay sollutions that would sort things out. You know where the biggest problem is? At the top of the hangar, the "To Battle!" button and "must have shorter waiting time" dictate.

I disagree.  There are no imaginary tanks in Warthunder like there are in WOT.  The only "paper" tanks in Warthunder exist in order to flesh out the German tree as development stopped circa 1945 for obvious reasons.  And at least those paper tanks were built (at least partially).  The Panther 2 never existed.  It was never built.  The Panther F was never built.  The chassis was, but no turrets were constructed.  The KT with 105mm gun was never built.  The KT exists, but no 105 ever did.  I'm ok with those vehicles because they were plausible and enough documentation regarding their planning exists to realistically predict their performance.  The "E" series will be stretching it, but I'm not sure how else you can flesh out German lineups post 6.7 without paper vehicles.

Unless you're content with Germans not getting any tier 5 vehicles (which to be honest is fine with me as I prefer historical vehicles only) then they either get NATO style copies (which plays havoc in RB and especially SB where there are no IFF markers) or paper tanks.  Same will be even truer for Japan.  You already see this in the jet development.  It's the nature of having a game involving the major WW2 warring powers where the timeline extends beyond 1945.  Two of those nations are going to be left behind absent the previously articulated solutions.

medal

Unless you're content with Germans not getting any tier 5 vehicles (which to be honest is fine with me as I prefer historical vehicles only) then they either get NATO style copies (which plays havoc in RB and especially SB where there are no IFF markers) or paper tanks.  Same will be even truer for Japan.  You already see this in the jet development.  It's the nature of having a game involving the major WW2 warring powers where the timeline extends beyond 1945.  Two of those nations are going to be left behind absent the previously articulated solutions.

I would be content with German tech trees ending at Me262 and Tiger II (H) - if there was nothing like tiers and BRs. See, the problem is, it's forced by 16vs16 battles based on matchmaking - to be fair, they should be based on rock-paper-scissors system, but, historically, warfer was simply not like that. That's why they have to keep adding vehicles which did not exist (like the ones you've mentioned) or of which only few were ever made (I-185, He112 prototypes, Yak prototypes, M6). This game could go down the historical road, with historical campaigns, with historical locations and historical objectives - dedicated servers, no grind, different economy. But going the WoT way, with arena maps was easier, safer and promised high income. They hoped that would cater to 40mln WoT playerbase, but it failed and instead millions of players we have what we have.

Don't be surprised to see more vehicles like Maus or T-28/95 and more cases like stretching one vehicle to fill in two slots. Think about UK or Italian tank trees - sure, both have absolutely great vehicles, but also, both are going to have huge matchmaking gaps.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Don't be surprised to see more vehicles like Maus or T-28/95 and more cases like stretching one vehicle to fill in two slots.

Better stretch things like the T28/T95 to 2 slots than to 1 and fill the other slot with something that didn't even make it to prototype stage.

The only way GF could advance above BR 8.0 is with MBTs and silly late-ww2 axis paper-vehicles and coldwar prototypes so they'd best stop at where we are now.

medal medal

I disagree.  There are no imaginary tanks in Warthunder like there are in WOT.  The only "paper" tanks in Warthunder exist in order to flesh out the German tree as development stopped circa 1945 for obvious reasons.  And at least those paper tanks were built (at least partially).  The Panther 2 never existed.  It was never built.  The Panther F was never built.  The chassis was, but no turrets were constructed.  The KT with 105mm gun was never built.  The KT exists, but no 105 ever did.  I'm ok with those vehicles because they were plausible and enough documentation regarding their planning exists to realistically predict their performance.  The "E" series will be stretching it, but I'm not sure how else you can flesh out German lineups post 6.7 without paper vehicles.

right the russian tanks only have the  made of RoF... LOLand introduction dates

medal medal medal

The problem is not about which is named what, but the way Gaijin is going. I'm so sick of these unnecessary prototypes. Didn't the Americans have anything better than that? I'm pretty sure they had a lot of operational TD designs.

• Upvote 1
medal

"Maus is easy to kill"

Its a frickin' german IS-4M, I hate driving my M46 cause all it faces in Maus or IS-4M...

But, I will HAVE to drive it if I want muh T-95 GMC :D

• Upvote 2
medal medal

Eh, people shouldn;t be so quick to judge the T28 ant T95 until they have actually see how they will be implemented in the game. The T95 has the double tacks, and lacks the large flat side of that of the T28. Here take a look:

images_q_tbn_ANd9_Gc_SSeva8weia3_TKO44j_

T28

T_28.jpg

T95

Even though the difference may not be monumental, there is still a good amount of difference.

medal medal medal medal

The problem is not about which is named what, but the way Gaijin is going. I'm so sick of these unnecessary prototypes. Didn't the Americans have anything better than that? I'm pretty sure they had a lot of operational TD designs.

I could be wrong, but as far as I'm aware the only tank destroyers after the M36 Jackson were the M56 Scorpion (similar 90mm gun to the Pershing) and the M50 Ontos (which had 6 recoilless rifles and I think something like 400mm penetration).

Both vehicles would be good to have in the game, but I think their might be a lot of complaints about the M50 Ontos, either due to the penetration or the fact the crew would have to get out of the vehicle in order to reload.

Edit: removed part about M56 Scorpion BR

Edited by toreno
medal medal

Eh, people shouldn;t be so quick to judge the T28 ant T95 until they have actually see how they will be implemented in the game. The T95 has the double tacks, and lacks the large flat side of that of the T28. Here take a look:

T28

T_28.jpg

T95

Even though the difference may not be monumental, there is still a good amount of difference.

It's a grind extender...nothing more. Let's be frank about that.

Nothing new really....

medal

T28

T_28.jpg

T95

Here is a T28 with four tracks

t28suma.jpg

Here is a T95 with 2 tracks

t95towing.jpg

Fact is they are the same vehicle. Its just that the designation changed during its lifetime between T28 and T95 more then once since Ordnance couldn't decide whether it was a Gun Motor Carriage or a Heavy Tank.

Don't believe World of Tanks and their T28.

Outer tracks could be removed, regardless of designation.

Edited by RoflSeal
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

I find it really odd how people use the word "grind" in a game (which is meant to be fun).  You guys make this out to be a second job, if you don't enjoy the process of getting to a tank then you should stop playing.  Do you honestly think this game can survive years without the introduction of prototype tanks?  Okay, what if they never included paper tanks or anything that did not see ww2 action?  Do you know how stale and repetitive this game would get?  You would have very boring game play.  Every game there are people who complain and those who understand the idea behind creating and maintaining an active game.  In order for them to continue with development they need constant income flow to generate content for us to play.  How is that so wrong?

At the end of the day people will come and go.  Those who leave due to a silly update would have left for something else eventually.  Good riddance I say.

Edited by Fearimus

Actually the Waffëntrager Panzer IV existed on paper while the rest of the Waffêntragers are just Wargaming products.
medal medal medal