I think we'd just have to wait until the CR.32 or early G.50 is added into the game with the Italian tree. Same issue with many Condor Legion pilots since the Bf 109B/C isn't in game yet they can't be suggested.

Which is quite a shame since there's some interesting pilots on both sides. 

Maybe a dev-blog will preview the Bf 109B-2 or C-1 so Walter Oesau could be suggested.

medal medal medal medal

Fiat G 50 had very little importance in Spanish Civil War (SCW) - it came very late to participate in SCW and saw practically no combat. The He 112 saw more action, one Spanish Nationalist ace (Miguel García Pardo) scored even a air victory with with He 112 B-0 (the only claim made with He 112 during SCW) - how about him if enough info of his plane is to be found? 

How about a Heinkel 51 ace of SCW? I have already made an article in another thread about Hannes Trautloft (5 claims in SCW - all with He 51 + much more in WW2) - see Less Known Aces.

Maybe even better He 51 ace candidate is Herwig Knüppel (8 claims in SCW all with He 51 + 3 in WW2 with Bf 109).

The SCW timeline of both candidates is 1936 and the beginning of 1937. 

And then there were "ground-attack aces" with He 51 (one of them Adolf Galland, already introduced). This option gives more choices when regarding the timeline (well up to 1938). but needs some digging to find enough info.

Maybe some Stuka pilot who served in Spain? They tested there Ju 87 B (and of course the Ju 87 A too).

And probably interesting Italian/Spanish "bomber aces" can be found - some of them flew with Savoia S.M. 79. 

• Upvote 1

Fiat G 50 had very little importance in Spanish Civil War (SCW) - it came very late to participate in SCW and saw practically no combat. The He 112 saw more action, one Spanish Nationalist ace (Miguel García Pardo) scored even a air victory with with He 112 B-0 (the only claim made with He 112 during SCW) - how about him if enough info of his plane is to be found? 

How about a Heinkel 51 ace of SCW? I have already made an article in another thread about Hannes Trautloft (5 claims in SCW - all with He 51 + much more in WW2) - see Less Known Aces.

Maybe even better He 51 ace candidate is Herwig Knüppel (8 claims in SCW all with He 51 + 3 in WW2 with Bf 109).

The SCW timeline of both candidates is 1936 and the beginning of 1937. 

And then there were "ground-attack aces" with He 51 (one of them Adolf Galland, already introduced). This option gives more choices when regarding the timeline (well up to 1938). but needs some digging to find enough info.

Maybe some Stuka pilot who served in Spain? They tested there Ju 87 B (and of course the Ju 87 A too).

And probably interesting Italian/Spanish "bomber aces" can be found - some of them flew with Savoia S.M. 79.

I support any your proposition here :)

Bomber pilot from SCW would be really nice to see (but I see problem with Stuka, only B-2 is in game)

Miguel García Pardo also could be a nice one, I looked for his plane, is that He112B-1? Looks nice

manupedia_i0006cb.jpg

Edited by Botan
medal

Well, I know that it was He 112 B, but what B subvariant? I´m not sure. I found this promising Czech article about the He 112, but I´m not able to read it: http://www.valka.cz/clanek_14740.html

From the Spanish websources I found that 15 Heinkel 112 were transferred to Spanish Aviación Nacional units during the late SCW (Dec. 1938 - Jan. 1939). The plane above (in previous post) should be indeed "5-54" piloted by Miguel García Pardo and which that plane he claimed a Republican I-16 on 19.1.1939. He also died tragically in this same plane due to an accident on 28.3.1939.

The combat missions of He 112 in Spanish Civil War were not very many - there was a lack of spare parts and other maintenance problems.

This Spanish modeller site has nice photos and images of He 112 in Spanish service: http://www.manupedia.com.es/manupedia_0001c4.htm

• Upvote 1

Well, I know that it was He 112 B, but what B subvariant? I´m not sure. I found this promising Czech article about the He 112, but I´m not able to read it: http://www.valka.cz/clanek_14740.html

Czech is a little similar to Polish, not enough for quick read, take some time (and many false friends in words...)

I found a colour profile in Squadron book about He 112, according to that source 5+54 is He 112B-1

All of He 112 were coded from 51 to 69, so (and there books put a different numbers, between 9 - 11 B-1, rest as a B-2), so planes 51-59 could be B-1,,,

Edited by Botan
  • Upvote 1
medal

If you have Google Chrome as a browser, you can right click on the page text and it will give you the option of translating (at least to English in my case). Just did it so I could read it.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

Looking from Spanish sources there is no 100 % absolute info available on He 112 of Miguel García Pardo. Some evidence suggests that it was He 112 B-1, but that is not clear and not enough documentation seems to have been preserved to confirm that MGP flew with B-1 variant. The Spanish Nationalist Air Force serial number was 5-54, but I have no any idea from where to find factory serial number (little difficult if there is no certainty if the plane was B-0 or B-1).

If one wants to have "counterpart" to Spanish Republican ace, then perhaps other alternatives should be looked. The problem is that the best candidates flew "wrong planes" like Fiat CR 32 or Bf 109 B / D.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing to update, I'm afraid. Ace skins have dropped a bit in the priority list with work well underway on the latest update. 

awwhh,

thats a shame, well nothing to do about it,

However given the fact the ki 44 is confirmed to hit WT Soon, would it be ok suggest an ace for it?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Ace: Yoshio Yoshida

Nationality: Japan

Service: Imperial Army Airforce

Aircraft: Ki44

Variant: IIC

Serial Number: ?

Time Frame: 43- 45

Approved by Biographer:

Captain_Yoshio_Yoshida_next_to_his_Nakaj

Although his amount of kills is very modest in comparison with the aces in the list (6 or 7) he's however in my opinion significant enough since he is the second highest Ace, and the only ace whose kills are solely B29's. So i think he would be an interesting ace to feature,

This is his Ki 44 IIB

65_3_b1.jpg

65_3.jpg

Edited by _TomokoAnabuki
  • Upvote 3

I will really love to see his victory markings as a decal given for shooting down B-29's, after this bomber appear in game.

Edited by Botan
medal

I will really love to see his victory markings a a decal given for shooting down B-29's, after this bomber appear in game.

well the B29 is said to come soon.

when it actually is in the game, i'll suggest some more aces that saw a lot of combat against B29's.

• 1 month later...

Nothing to update, I'm afraid. Ace skins have dropped a bit in the priority list with work well underway on the latest update. 

That's quite sad. But I'm sure the artists will get to it eventually.

Vasco do you happen to know when the Lucchini skin for the M.C. 202 will be added?

We saw a preview of it in the article and that's been over half a year ago. Is it being held back until the arrival of Italy as an independent country in WT?

While we're on the matter of skins, what's the queue look like again? 

Juutilainanen (Bf 109G-2/trop), Anabuki (Ki-43-II or was it Ki-84?), Best (SBD3 Dauntless), Galland (Me 262), Safonov (I-16 Type 24), Esmond (Swordfish), Beurling (Spitfire Mk. Vb), Fuchida (B5N2), Preddy (P-51 D30), Golubev (I-16 Type 24? La-5? La-7?)

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Havent seen him up here yet, but for a Ace i met when i was 10 years old,

Ken Dalbergh. 15 kills, shot down twice. Flew P47 and P51. Had a amazing life, made a hearing aid company post war and made a fortune. I have his biography (he signed it when i met him and gave me a free copy) if you need help. i would suggest a P47 skin for this, not too many already available.

USA

P47D, USAAF 353rd fighter sdrn, 354 Group, 9th AF

Led a flight of 16 P47's headlong into a formation of 70 Bf109 fighters, was shot down after claiming 4 kills.

Edited by _SPECTER__
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

Havent seen him up here yet, but for a Ace i met when i was 10 years old,

Ken Dalbergh. 15 kills, shot down twice. Flew P47 and P51. Had a amazing life, made a hearing aid company post war and made a fortune. I have his biography (he signed it when i met him and gave me a free copy) if you need help. i would suggest a P47 skin for this, not too many already available.

USA

P47D, USAAF 353rd fighter sdrn, 354 Group, 9th AF

Led a flight of 16 P47's headlong into a formation of 70 Bf109 fighters, was shot down after claiming 4 kills.

:good:

Is this his P-47?

[spoiler]

Ken_Dalhberg_P-47.jpg

[/spoiler]

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

:good:

Is this his P-47?

[spoiler]

Ken_Dalhberg_P-47.jpg

[/spoiler]

Looks great.

medal

Yeah, looks good. Any additional biographic info you guys need i can pull out the book.

medal medal

i wonder.. why isnt there a article about Chuck Yeager.. that guy is a ace, a aviation legend and still alive!

does he have to die first before we honor him? :X

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

i wonder.. why isnt there a article about Chuck Yeager.. that guy is a ace, a aviation legend and still alive!

does he have to die first before we honor him? :X

I believe some time ago there was actually an article about him on the Russian site, but there was no translation on the English site for some reason.

medal medal medal medal

Hello Chaps,

We're long overdue an update, so here goes:

- HQ have been in touch and big changes are afoot. You may have noticed that what started as a monthly Ace article then grew bit by bit until we've now got an Ace of the Month article, and several Ace Profiles every month. With us producing so many articles there has been a corresponding dilution of interest, based on the statistics detailing the number of hits on dot com, the forums, social media etc. As a result, the decision has been made to return to a single aviation Ace article every month. 

- Skins: as has already been pointed out, skins are now a good few months behind. The plan has been to get around to these skins as soon as significant bottlenecks in the production process have been successfully resolved. However, the art department have had a huge job and this workload simply is not decreasing, not at any point. As a result, that backlog of overdue skins is only going to grow unless something changes. Therefore, given how successful our decal artists - particularly CharlieFoxtrot - have been with producing decals on time and ready for updates, this is the way ahead. So, the backlog of skins will remain in the production queue and will be completed, but from next month not only with their be a single aviation Ace article, it will now be accompanied with a decal and not a skin. 

Hopefully this amount of change won't come as a disappointment to anybody; please do feel free to air your views here and if you want any more details, clarification or questions answering then I'll try my very best.

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal

[...]

- Skins: as has already been pointed out, skins are now a good few months behind. The plan has been to get around to these skins as soon as significant bottlenecks in the production process have been successfully resolved. However, the art department have had a huge job and this workload simply is not decreasing, not at any point. As a result, that backlog of overdue skins is only going to grow unless something changes. Therefore, given how successful our decal artists - particularly CharlieFoxtrot - have been with producing decals on time and ready for updates, this is the way ahead. So, the backlog of skins will remain in the production queue and will be completed, but from next month not only with their be a single aviation Ace article, it will now be accompanied with a decal and not a skin. 

Hopefully this amount of change won't come as a disappointment to anybody; please do feel free to air your views here and if you want any more details, clarification or questions answering then I'll try my very best.

To be honest I'm not surprised, I was anticipating this since last update with no skins.

For me skins were very nice part of series.

I wonder if we have to go with 0-1 options, that about giving skin for example 4 or 3 Aces during a year. Also, thanks to that change, we have a possibility to rationalize our choices. Before we had to find a skin, but for example it was the same kind of camouflage, with only different code letter. 

Now we could make 3/4 aces with skins, if planes are matching, and camouflage itself is special, different from those in game and given to plane, which have only one default. For the rest, we can go with decal.

Just dropping an idea.

PS. That means, that we can go with aces with no plane in game?

Edited by Botan
  • Upvote 1
medal

Hello Chaps,

We're long overdue an update, so here goes:

- HQ have been in touch and big changes are afoot. You may have noticed that what started as a monthly Ace article then grew bit by bit until we've now got an Ace of the Month article, and several Ace Profiles every month. With us producing so many articles there has been a corresponding dilution of interest, based on the statistics detailing the number of hits on dot com, the forums, social media etc. As a result, the decision has been made to return to a single aviation Ace article every month. 

So can we now suggest aces where we don't know what their planes looked like or the plane isn't in the game?

If we were to suggest a new ace, would we need to provide source images for a decal?

Well, I liked having articles more often than once a month. We got quite a number decals from them and interesting reads. I'll also miss the skins, but I guess this was to be expected considering the backlog. Decals are nice too though.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

The day job has kept me busy and this thread has gotten a bit dusty and neglected - sorry about that.

I've updated the Original Post with details of the new Ace submission process. We're back down to the original one air ace article per month, but with a decal now instead of a skin. The good news is that this frees up a whole load of potential submissions, as it now no longer matters at all if the aviator's exact aircraft variant is featured in the game. Obviously it's still nice to have a direct link, but now there's more scope. The main change is that we'll definitely need enough material to write up; a lot of the more famous aces are now featured and some of the guys we're looking at have proved to be very tricky to research, especially now we're trying to feature more nations.

Anyhow, looking forwards to hearing your thoughts - from the stalwart few who've been here for a couple of years and from any new interest!

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal