DisconnecT83

[Competition] WT-Wiki: "Combat Training" [CLOSED]

But that's why you have your loyal wiki-snails  ;)s

The pronounciation is on snails. xD

uhh is it nessecary to leave your own opinion out of the article? cause thats like an unwritten rule for objective sites such as wikipedia..

You can evaluate an aircraft and draw criticism. I for example write on the Wikipedia:

Me262 article

Main armament
Just painful. For the enemy and the Schwalbe pilot. The Mk108 as insane damage potential, with the greatest ingame burst rate of 14.52kg/s (32.01 lbs/s) and the great explosive warhead "Minengeschoss" (=mine-shell) this weapon will vaporize aircraft, especially bombers. But every coin has a flip side and the "Sledeghammer" is no exception. The amazing rate of fire is bought with a very short barrel and small propellant charges, resulting in very bad ballistics: The slowest shells with the greatest bullet drop ingame. The Mk108 makes no compromise, only the extremes.

This is a personal experience I have with this gun. But I don't want to write a critique of my playstyle, I have to think broader and include viewpoints of other pilots minds.

In the end all articles are for players to help them improve and learn. So you can write "lovely", but it should NOT take overhand.

You have to look at the situation. i.e. The T-35 is floral, but a metric-tonne of fun to play and you can write that down, if you state why it is floral and fun AND think of other peoples view points,w ho might not like a slow lumbering beast without armour.

tl;dr: Neutrality is important, but cannot always be achieved. If not apply obvious commentary and/or sarcasm ("Oh wonder, as every US aircraft in existance, it is armed with M2 Brownings. A tool any USAAF pilot is accustomed since tier one."-P-51D)

Wait... I thought anyone could edit the wiki freely

Of course any one can :)s

You only need your forum nickname and password.

If you are already logged in to the forum, you don't even need to type it down again

But just click on "log-in" twice :)

This event is for promoting writing on the Wiki. A PR-stunt so to say.

medal medal medal medal medal

If someone wins, can they get a TB3?

Yupp, Gift aircraft are within the prize too :) Even hidden aircraft like the A-26C, D-521 and the aforementioned DB-7.

I believe the only ones, you cannot get are the CBT one's. (T-34 Prototype, German Sherman and the TU-2)

Quality wins, if you write a better article the prize is yours.

Just remember this  ;)s

If someone wins, can they get a TB3?

Of course! Any premium or gift vehicle from era I - IV for the first,second and third prize.
"*You can choose any premium or gift aircraft / ground vehicle of the specified rank in the research tree."

Why aren't we just pre-emptively giving one of the prizes to Megablasta again?

Because he has not participated yet? And there are no wiki edits by him either.

You can already edit Wikipedia pages with your forum nickname and pw.

Keep in mind all edits will go through a revision first by an "Wiki Editor". This usually takes between 20min - 6hours, depending what timezone you are in.

We had too many bloody trolls to have a quicker and more open system :(s .

How do you edit the @Var then? Because I don't know how to :D

How do you edit the @Var then? Because I don't know how to :D

@var is code and stands for *implement variable xxxx*

In short: :excl: DON'T TOUCH THAT! :excl: :fighter:

You will only brake the page. Also the info boxes on the right cannot be really edited.

How would we address issues such as unfinished flight models or changes from different patches? For example the P-38 was not really usable until the flight model was updated and the difference in flight characteristics in flight models changes the way you approach combat.

could I use my mother tongue to write the passage? for example,chinese. AND only can write about the aircraft and ground vehicle?how about some idea of game control setting? like promoting the control of POV in simulation game?

We only have moderators who speak English, German, Dutch and Portuguese. We would not be able to read your article :(

The current event is for vehicles only and so are the prizes. But you can always write on the Wikipedia about other things that are interesting to you.

Hi   :)s

I want to participate and to write an article about the Bf-109, but before that I have three questions : 

- Must the article be in English or can it me also in French (or other language that are not English) ?

- Must we write an article about a specific model (exemple: Bf 109 G-2, Bf 109 F-4, etc.), or can it be about all the Bf 109s, with a description of each model separately ?

- What is the maximal length of the article ?

Thanks for the answer   :Ds

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Is this a typo? 400 words is a bit less than one page of plain text in Word format. It's going to be very difficult to write an article that is both informative and short, there would simply be very little place to write about the vehicles history and development, as well as ingame performance and tactics. This limit should be at least doubled in my opinion.

"history and development" is irrelevent when the title of the article is 

"Combat Training".

Hi   :)s

I want to participate and to write an article about the Bf-109, but before that I have three questions : 

1. - Must the article be in English or can it me also in French (or other language that are not English) ?
  2. - Must we write an article about a specific model (exemple: Bf 109 G-2, Bf 109 F-4, etc.), or can it be about all the Bf 109s, with a description of each model separately ?
  3. - What is the maximal length of the article ?

Thanks for the answer   :Ds

1. For now we only have English speaking wikipages. We are considering expansion, if supply and demand are there, but that's far in the future.
  2. Ahhhhhhh, we are actually working on that in house. An overview page on all vehicles of a family to make it newcomers easier to distinguish all the versions.
    But, the current event is about specific vehicles (e.g. Bf 109 G-2, Bf 109 F-4, etc.).
  3. There is none. Make sure to set chapter and subheaders to make reading and finding information easier.

"history and development" is irrelevent when the title of the article is 

"Combat Training".

A nice history section is nothing we despise. But indeed the focus of our wiki is on WT gameplay.

Ahhh... Crap. I ended up typing a large overview of the Fw-190 D-9, but I didn't realize it was supposed to be in wiki format until after.

Is that a requirement to win?

Ahhh... Crap. I ended up typing a large overview of the Fw-190 D-9, but I didn't realize it was supposed to be in wiki format until after.

Is that a requirement to win?

Let me have a look :)

And if not, I think it could be shifted to get a little closer to the format.

The idea of the categories/chapters is to have a quick access when needed.

Let me have a look :)

And if not, I think it could be shifted to get a little closer to the format.

The idea of the categories/chapters is to have a quick access when needed.

Should our articles actually include the specific wiki formatting code like "==Chapter 1== ===Sub-chapter 1.1===" and such?

Also, are these articles going to be/intended to be submissions for the main wiki page of a particular vehicle, or a separate guide on how to fly/drive it?

medal medal medal medal

• Should our articles actually include the specific wiki formatting code like "==Chapter 1== ===Sub-chapter 1.1===" and such?
  • Also, are these articles going to be/intended to be submissions for the main wiki page of a particular vehicle, or a separate guide on how to fly/drive it?
  1. They can, but it won't matter for the evaluation. It just saves us some editing time.
  2. These submissions are all for the specific vehicle pages of the wiki. For other types of pages we will make other events in the future.
  • Upvote 1

supermario you have a pm for a little problem in my article ^^ 

i have tried to solve the dimension of the image of the article after midnight but the entire article is published in time ^^

Edited by Hell_storm
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

supermario you have a pm for a little problem in my article ^^ 

i have tried to solve the dimension of the image of the article after midnight but the entire article is published in time ^^

Taking a look now.

Ahh, no, they stay this small, which is no big problem for us.

Keep in mind though that all pictures need to be public domain.

Sorry for posting again, but when will winners be announced? Or rather, will they be announced?

Don't feel bad. Asking is always good.

We will need a days to weeks to go through all the articles together.

We will definitly announce the top three groundforces/aircraft articles. If we are going to release a top10/20 list is not decided yet

Any idea when and where the result will be posted?

We will need a days to weeks to go through all the articles together.
We will definitly announce the top three groundforces/aircraft articles. If we are going to release a top10/20 list is not decided yet

Once the submission phase ends (17th of May, 23:59 GMT), we will take some time to process all entries. Edited by SupermarioPS