DisconnecT83

[Competition] WT-Wiki: "Combat Training" [CLOSED]

About the gift aircraft/tank...

Is it gift as "you can get it in some bundle" or gift as "super-rare T-34 prototype"?

Good question!

The gift tank/aircraft categories come from a time before the term "bundle" was used in the game.

All "Bundle" vehicles are also "Gift" vehicles. Everything you cannot buy with Golden Eagles is Category:Gift.

medal medal medal medal medal

How personal should the article be, for instance would "The best way you can play vehicle X is so and so" be okay or would "Vehicle X is best used in a so and so manner" be better?

Thanks!

Edited by Aerobane
medal medal medal medal

How personal should the article be, for instance would "The best way you can play vehicle X is so and so" be okay or would "Vehicle X is best used in a so and so manner" be better?

Thanks!

You may utilize/use "you".

However prefered way of writing is neutral. As long as it remains easy to read.

#1: Simplicity rules

"Tongue in cheek" tone is fine as well, so long its fitting and obvious.

This is such a great idea! Hopefully we'll see some quality articles.

I think that this would be even better if such competitions are running constantly. You just have to be a bit more specific about the topic. You may request articles about some tricky tanks/planes/maps/game modes.

How about some tips and tricks sections added to the best articles? Players, who don't want/can't write a whole article, may give some missing advice there. Stuff like how to approach/aim/lead; ammo choices; convergences; trigger control and discipline; general strategy; dodging; how to deal with certain opposition; what to always/never do. All this stuff in details, for a specific vehicle. This can be done in a moderated topic, where every post may only contain an advice that was not suggested before, so people can upvote it, if they find it useful. The first N number of tips to reach a certain number of upvotes after a specific deadline, may win a small GE reward and these can be added to the main article.
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

This is such a great idea! Hopefully we'll see some quality articles.

I think that this would be even better if such competitions are running constantly. You just have to be a bit more specific about the topic. You may request articles about some tricky tanks/planes/maps/game modes.

How about some tips and tricks sections added to the best articles? Players, who don't want/can't write a whole article, may give some missing advice there. Stuff like how to approach/aim/lead; ammo choices; convergences; trigger control and discipline; general strategy; dodging; how to deal with certain opposition; what to always/never do. All this stuff in details, for a specific vehicle. This can be done in a moderated topic, where every post may only contain an advice that was not suggested before, so people can upvote it, if they find it useful. The first N number of tips to reach a certain number of upvotes after a specific deadline, may win a small GE reward and these can be added to the main article.

You can write such things already ;) Access to wikipedia is normal forum nick.

BUT! We cannot set out a competition for such mere small things like tips and tricks. We would have thousands of renditions! Every single one needs to be sorted, evaluated and approved 0.0

We already having problems by members creating entries for already very well done pages or completly missing format.

Constantly running articles would be too much of a burden for our small group of 11 mods.

BUT! We will make these events a much more often happenstance, every two-three month (?).

I think I might give it a try over the weekend, always wanted to make an article on the La-9.

Would quality articles have a chance to appear in the wiki eventually?

And another question, are we allowed to make more then one article?

Edited by racer999
medal medal medal

Would you also accept comabt analysis of maps? I feel like some new players could use some basic info on most GF maps. Which routes to take, which spawns use, how to position yourself to cover captured points, how to advance through certain map parts. Stuff like this.

There is no such category listed as of now, so if I wanted to go more in depth about such things I would have to write also about one of the vehicles from GF.

medal medal medal

I think I might give it a try over the weekend, always wanted to make an article on the La-9.

Would quality articles have a chance to appear in the wiki eventually?

And another question, are we allowed to make more then one article?

1. We intend to release all well written articles on the Wikipedia.
  2. You can write as many as you want, but keep in mind: Quality > Quantity.

You can of course already write on the Wikipedia with your forum nick. Remember to post your entries here: http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/996-players-articles-area/

Do the articles have to be from scratch or can you enter you have already done/ doing?

medal

Would you also accept comabt analysis of maps? I feel like some new players could use some basic info on most GF maps. Which routes to take, which spawns use, how to position yourself to cover captured points, how to advance through certain map parts. Stuff like this.

There is no such category listed as of now, so if I wanted to go more in depth about such things I would have to write also about one of the vehicles from GF.

We have a Maps and mission section. http://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Missions_and_maps

But yes, I agree, we need an improved map part.

However, the current competition is for vehicles. Especially aircraft, were we lack content for 50% of the 386 aircraft pages we have.

We will initiate more events like this one for other wikipedia parts. E.g. the wiki.rus is currently running one for armament pages (we actually have eager moderators on that already, so it won't likely run here too)

Do the articles have to be from scratch or can you enter you have already done/ doing?

You can add info and text to an half filled page, if it quality improving and esceeding 400 words.

E.g. the He 111H-16 http://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=He_111_H-16

I doubt i'll be even in the top 10 of good articles since probably others know much more than me , and i sucks at explaining things but i'm willing to try just for the fun of it.If i understood correctly winners will be able to choose any premium from tier 1 to IV , including vehicles such as the m8a1 , i-301 or db-7.Am i right ?

Edited by Taiidan_Triikor

I doubt i'll be even in the top 10 of good articles since probably others know much more than me , and i sucks at explaining things but i'm willing to try just for the fun of it.If i understood correctly winners will be able to choose any premium from tier 1 to IV , including vehicles such as the m8a1 , i-301 or db-7.Am i right ?

Yupp, Gift aircraft are within the prize too :) Even hidden aircraft like the A-26C, D-521 and the aforementioned DB-7.

If someone post before me? I not work in speed of light.

Quality wins, if you write a better article the prize is yours.

Well i don't really have hopes of winning , but i want the vk so much.

After all at worst i'll just says things everyone already knows :Ds

This looks like a really good event.

I am not sure, if the VK4502 would be availlable for a prize. It is not even officially in the game. And afaik it was not even used as promotional good for a PR event.

I am not sure, if the VK4502 would be availlable for a prize. It is not even officially in the game. And afaik it was not even used as promotional good for a PR event.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1it45QagN8[/video]

Well , i'm still in. One day my tiger P will get a little brother ... One day ...

• Upvote 1

So are we only making a forum post or do we create both a wiki page and a forum post? 

Only what is on the forum is accounted for the competition.

You can also put it onto the Wikipedia preemptivly, but please keep in mind the very special html and LUA script formats which apply there.

For example Hueynam1234 made a very long article for the P-40E Kittyhawk. Not only was it misplaced in the article itself, it's also full of typos AND not posted on the forum.

It is thus not part of this competition, if he were to make a topic here then he would be able to participate.

Which is a shame, because it's a good gameplay article!

Only what is on the forum is accounted for the competition.

You can also put it onto the Wikipedia preemptivly, but please keep in mind the very special html and LUA script formats which apply there.

For example Hueynam1234 made a very long article for the P-40E Kittyhawk. Not only was it misplaced in the article itself, it's also full of typos AND not posted on the forum.

It is thus not part of this competition, if he were to make a topic here then he would be able to participate.

Which is a shame, because it's a good gameplay article!

Thanks, I am not confident at all with editing the wiki i'd probably end up screwing something major up lol. 

medal medal

Thanks, I am not confident at all with editing the wiki i'd probably end up screwing something major up lol. 

Do not worry, if you are posting it here with the intended look, we'll gonna format it correctly :yes:

*Starts sobbing in the corner considering the amount of already posted non format entries.*

Soo much work ahead for me :?s

*Starts sobbing in the corner considering the amount of already posted non format entries.*

Soo much work ahead for me :?s

But that's why you have your loyal wiki-snails  ;)s