DisconnecT83

[Competition] WT-Wiki: "Combat Training" [CLOSED]

wiki1.jpg

Enlightening the masses! War Thunder gameplay is deeply tied to teamplay - success in battle, both on the ground and in the air, is more strongly dependant on the actions of teammates, than the personal achievement of individual fighters.

Unfortunately, not all allies have an "eagle eye" to destroy the enemy advancing at full speed, or excellent coordination in order to evade anti-aircraft fire or drop bombs accurately. Certainly, some players don’t even know the basics, such as simple combat tactics and features of their own and the enemy’s vehicles. Abusing teammates in game chat doesn’t make them any better, but there is a solution - train your mates and they will help you at those difficult moments!

The War Thunder Wiki-Team announces the launch of an educational custom articles contest - "Combat Training".

Try yourself out as a military instructor, share accumulated experience with other players, by creating an article about your favourite vehicle, especially tactics, or describe to the reader, the tactics you employ at locations and situations in War Thunder. The list of possible articles is endless, but the main criteria remains: the article should be helpful for beginners, as the best articles will be published on the War Thunder Wiki pages.

How to take part in the custom articles competition:

• Decide on the vehicle which you want to examine. Described ground vehicles or aircraft must be present as playable vehicles in War Thunder.
  • Create a separate topic on the forums in the special section for the War Thunder Wiki. The name of the topic must follow the format [wiki:contest] , e.g.: [wiki:contest] La-5FN.
  • Create an exclusive article for the selected topic in the special section, using your knowledge of history, fighting machine datasheets, events both in reality and in War Thunder.

Entries will be accepted until 17th of May, 23:59 GMT.

Forum section for your articles

Wikipedia: Standards, Layouts & Templates

Rules of the contest:

• It is permitted to use articles which you have previously written, but only if it is your own article.
  • It is allowed to use data and informations from existing wiki-articles for the selected topic.
  • The submission must not violate moral, ethical or legal norms or the Forum Rules, Game Rules or the User Agreement.
  • The winners will be determined by the War Thunder Wiki Editorial team.
  • Use cross links (links leading to other wiki-articles, which intersect with your own article)
  • Minimal lenght of text should be 400 words.

Prizes

Aircraft articles:

1st place: 5 000 ge.png and up to Rank IV premium aircraft of choice*

2nd place: 4 000 ge.png and up to Rank IV premium aircraft of choice*

3rd place: 3 500 ge.png and up to Rank IV premium aircraft of choice*

Ground vehicles articles:

1st place: 5 000 ge.png and up to Rank IV premium ground vehicle of choice*

2nd place: 4 000 ge.png and up to Rank IV premium ground vehicle of choice*

3rd place: 3 500 ge.png and up to Rank IV premium ground vehicle of choice*

*You can choose any premium or gift aircraft / ground vehicle of the specified rank in the research tree.

The War Thunder Wiki Editorial Team

(Posted )

Thank you all for participating in the competition. The contest is now closed and the entries will be reviewed.

Please do not submit any further articles as they will not be counted.
  • Upvote 11

may we only write one article or can we write both a aircraft and ground vehicle article?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Maximum lenght of text should not exceed 400 words.

Is this a typo? 400 words is a bit less than one page of plain text in Word format. It's going to be very difficult to write an article that is both informative and short, there would simply be very little place to write about the vehicles history and development, as well as ingame performance and tactics. This limit should be at least doubled in my opinion.

DisconnecT83 (Posted )

Sorry, typo :)
We of course meant a minimum of 400 words.
medal medal medal

may we only write one article or can we write both a aircraft and ground vehicle article?

Feel free to write more articles, but please, do not forget that the article must be good, and that good articles need more time than a only a few days

Is this a typo? 400 words is a bit less than one page of plain text in Word format. It's going to be very difficult to write an article that is both informative and short, there would simply be very little place to write about the vehicles history and development, as well as ingame performance and tactics. This limit should be at least doubled in my opinion.

Changed Maximum to minimum ;)

• Upvote 2

You can of course only gain one prize, but yes. Write as much as you desire! Quality > Quantity though ;)s

Already fixed. Our bad :)s  Of course minimal lenght for entry is greater than 400 words

On Russian wiki already had this competition. Why don't You cooperate with them? 

Yeah, because we are all trained Russian-English translators and do not want the help of any non-Soviet citizen :Ps

No, the idea is to promote our International Wiki; recruit more freelance editors, improve the quality of pages and promote the Wikipedia at the same time.

Also there are not many intersection of the Int & Rus communities. Russian and Ukraine speaking members use the wiki.rus and wt.rus mainpage. While the international section is using their respective pages.

Therefore having a combined event would make little sense, e.g. why should we promote to Italians with English as their second language the Russian Wikipedia?

We do of course have some contact to our collegues and certain articles are published at the same time both in .rus & .com.

medal medal medal medal medal

Do we have to give historical information on the plane / tank?

EDIT: Do we just write about it in the format of the wiki or do we have to write it in source code?

Edited by Flame2512

Do we have to give historical information on the plane / tank?

You can.

It would definitly improve the quality, however if you would only rewrite Wikipedia then feel free to skip it.

The focus of our WT wiki is about gameplay which is the main reason why players visit our page.

The History section is of secondary importance.

Glad to see something that may make the Wiki more user-related, something people can attach to.

As a side-note, information about the Arado needs editing, something about it's bomb loadout that a normal user can't edit...

Glad to see something that may make the Wiki more user-related, something people can attach to.

As a side-note, information about the Arado needs editing, something about it's bomb loadout that a normal user can't edit...

You can already edit Wikipedia pages with your forum nickname and pw.

Keep in mind all edits will go through a revision first by an "Wiki Editor". This usually takes between 20min - 6hours, depending what timezone you are in.

We had too many bloody trolls to have a quicker and more open system :(s .

Sad thing is, I could have written a guide for the Me262 A-1 on BR 7.7

Now with the changes I need to play it again on 7.0 to gather experience :Ds

medal medal medal medal

Sad thing is, I could have written a guide for the Me262 A-1 on BR 7.7

Now with the changes I need to play it again on 7.0 to gather experience :Ds

Go ahead :) I wouldn't mind such additions in a seperate chapter: "Outclassed to Victory"

Fighting off superior opponents are valuable articles!

Well, I guess my english essay writing skills can be put to use now  :lol:

Gonna try writing one for tanks.

medal medal medal medal

I think i am first to post one lol maybe i win at least prize 3 

:Ps

Indeed! First to post prize goes to "DerScharfschutze".

Here take your cooking :yes:

keks-14993.jpg

• Upvote 1

This is an amazing idea! Good luck to all writers. :)

• Upvote 1

Algright then this might be something i could do!

I'm sure you can  ;)s

Hmm, I've already written articles for three aircraft in the game, the Hurricane Mk. II, the I-301 and the Ki-43 III Otsu. I will definitely give this one a shot, as writing is one of my strong points. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hmm, I've already written articles for three aircraft in the game, the Hurricane Mk. II, the I-301 and the Ki-43 III Otsu. I will definitely give this one a shot, as writing is one of my strong points. 

They are some very good ones, you have done  :yes:

I wish you and everyone else the best. :salute:   

i would recommend a change to the template:

under stat card photo there is an entry for "Rating" which is a single BR value but no indication for what mode AB/RB/SB. maybe change it to something like 4.0/3.7/3.7

same distinction needed for repair costs.

Edited by ronin3423
medal medal medal medal medal medal

i would recommend a change to the template:

under stat card photo there is an entry for "Rating" which is a single BR value but no indication for what mode AB/RB/SB. maybe change it to something like 4.0/3.7/3.7

same distinction needed for repair costs.

We are constantly trying to improve our wikipedia.

Your point of criticism is already addressed and will be changed in the future.

We have taken the poor Panzer3J and use it as the testbed for the new infobox.
http://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Pz.Kpfw._III_Ausf._J&oldid=6580

Albeit we are not sure yet, if we aren't deleting the ammo section entirly.

The software ain't smart enough to distuingish superstructure and turrets.

Also a 3x2 matrix is a bit to few data to be worth it compared to the real armour section in the text.

Not a bad idea. But there's already a significant info base for beginners.

The big black whole is the info for expert players. No detailed explanations, no math, no nothing. You can only hope that you will run into some info on forum from players that are willing to share it and at best it's guessing and testing.