Warlord1981NL

How does the match maker work?

185 posts in this topic

I thought when I finally got a tier IV tank I would finally see some tier III's.  All the while playing with my kv1/s and kv 85, early T34's even JS1's I was fighting tier IV tanks most of the time.  So, they, in turn, were getting to fight me, in my tier III tanks.  I couldnt wait to finally get to play tanks at my level (or heaven forbid, even tanks below my tier).  But that is not the case.  Honestly, 1 out of 50 games I play lower level tanks and it is a blast.  The rest of the time my JS2 might as well be at BT7.  Arguably the best Russian tank of WWII and I am one-hit time after time.  If I could play equal tanks I would love this game...as it is I am so frustrated and pissed off most of the day, even when I am not playing.  I am frustrated because the game is so close to being amazing and there is no reason that it can't be.  

So I currently have the tier IV T34, my JS2, the tier II GAZ AA truck, a t34-57mm and my old JS1.  I just left a game with a Jagdtiger, a Panther II, tortoise, t32, to name a few.  Any suggestions on what I can do to my line up to not face these monster tanks with my junk?  Oh, and my player level is like 18 and I have been playing five weeks.

Thanks

hi to all, I want to talk about the br that has become very uncertain.
Example; = 6.7 or T10M Maus
I wonder if this is due to update problem.
Or other problem; Thank you

Hi Guys,

All I know is that while playing 6 x tear 3 planes I seem always to be up against tear 5+ jets, I get a kill and almost every kill gives credit for killing 3-5 ranks higher. My tear 3 bomber more often than not are one or two shotted while I hit enemy bombers 20 - 30 times until I get killed.

Got to say drop the xxxx and place tear 3 with tear 3 or 4 with 4 etc etc

Sorry but 5 games lost tonight on the trot with every game I was being placed against jets while being only tear 3 for all my planes.

regards

I know EXACTLY what you are saying.  I started writing down every BR in every game I play, to make sure I wasnt just remembering the games i was down .7 or 1.0.  Here is a sample from the other day, now mind you, this is with a Russian, American and German teams, rotating through everything from 3.7 to 6.7.  The numbers are what I was DOWN in each battle, with none omitted. -.7, -1, -.7, -.6, -1, -.6, -.7, -.1 , -.7, -1, -1 then FINALLY +1 top of the tier after 11 games near the bottom.  Like the other uses post, I wouldnt mind occasionally.  I mean, I die stupid death at the top of the BR and I have some good games at the bottom.  But being down 1.0 BR is tiresome.

There must be people at the opposite end, meaning they are always near the top of the BR.  We can ALL be at the bottom so often.  I feel wholeheartedly that the MM and the teams you get put on is rigged.  Last week on Wed-and Thursday I went 6-34 wins to losses.  That is pathetic and unfair.  I lose a ton of lions and research when that happens. Maybe my isp is flagged or my name and since I xxxxx about Giajin im on some sh!t list.  I really wonder how many other people face the same odds I do.  It is a little bit of a relief to see people here in the same situation so I know I am not imagining it.

When this game matches me fair and my tanks dont get one shot over their frontal armor time after time, it is amazingly fun.  When it seems rigged it is extremely frustrating.  I had to come here and see if there was any new news after being put into 5 more games in a row down .7 or 1.0.  It is maddening.

But I am seeing that no one can explain how or why we get put into the games we do.  I am about 50% in pvp so I am not being put into higher tiers because of my great skill, even at lvl 90.  Granted, my pvp rating is lowered some because after 4 or 5 games in a row where I am at the bottom of the BR I just quit and end up in last place. I quit three in a row in the last hour because I couldnt stand to see it again.

@frmrfran

Don't forget that there are 15 others in your team. Even on average, you will be top BR only 1 in 16 times.

And that you aren't marked as 'bad' just because you change tanks (and so have no mods to it). It looks like a good game will rise you in the rankings far more than a bad game will reduce you (which is as it should be, really).

And that as you advance up the tiers you are playing against more practiced people so you have to alter your playing style (something I find difficult to do :|).

Have you balanced your ammo? (if appropriate for your vehicle)

Increased crew level?

Added vehicle mods?

Edit: ps meant to say, I go through bursts of being unable to buy a kill, particularly after upgrading crews. Eventually it settles down and I am useful to my team again1

Edited by jinkscrivens
last thought

nice matcht making

playing with tanks level 2

germainn schoot 17 tanks 3.7??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

a have to schoot more than 1 too a target

its not nace to play like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just been playing tier one battles and up pops a P47. Did the decimal point move on the battle rating calculator?