P47-D Thunderbolt

Daffan

It is still a tank, stop head-on fighting Me 410s.
  • Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

I find the P47 an amazing fighter, Its still easy to shoot down for my BF109's though. I love using it against british planes in HB  :Ds 

medal medal medal medal medal

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

Maybe you should read some history books instead of comics.

109 could not outroll or outdive a Jug nor achieve a similar range or carry a comparable air to ground payload. 

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal

let us put it like this. P47 was boss, in WT it is not.

• Upvote 3
medal medal

P-47 sucks??

Nope.

It out performed all bf109's.

Yup, over 8km altitude, where german fighters act that they are flying wood. But not lower, where was slaughtered by any plane that was flying there.

It was the dominate fighter/multirole plane in wwii until the p51 came out.

Yes, as germans have to climb for B17 to even 12km altitude and focus bombers, when these fighters better performing, outnumbering Bf's and Fw's has only to focus fighters. But if for you outnumbering, situational advantage, help from B17's HMG's and altitude doesnt matter, that you should shut up before start talking somewhere else than AB forum.

You need to read a history book sometime ugbear kid.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH what a guy... didnt read any and trying make people to read for him HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, and then what? He will tell you how it was? :D

Only this game is biased and weighted as such to one country's airforce which we all know.

Yes, everyone hate muricans, and thats why in history was exactly as i told... sad world...

• Upvote 1
medal

• 7 months later...

P-47 sucks?? It out performed all bf109's. It was the dominate fighter/multirole plane in wwii until the p51 came out. You need to read a history book sometime ugbear kid.

Only this game is biased and weighted as such to one country's airforce which we all know.

Believe whatever makes you 'muricans happy

medal

i don't know what you guys are doing wrong but i love my P47.

IMHO its way better than the FW190

Edited by Rumpullpus
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Why are we comparing P-47 and Bf 109 again? The German P-47 analogue is the Fw 190 D models.

Similar climb, similar play style, built for higher altitudes and good payload carrying capabilities.

With correct dive acceleration the P-47 should be tier 12+. As it is right now it's at least as good as the Fw 190 A models.

Way undertiered (or Fw 190 way overtiered).

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Why are we comparing P-47 and Bf 109 again? The German P-47 analogue is the Fw 190 D models.

Similar climb, similar play style, built for higher altitudes and good payload carrying capabilities.

With correct dive acceleration the P-47 should be tier 12+. As it is right now it's at least as good as the Fw 190 A models.

the [8-9] bracket isn't too far away from the [10-11] tiers though. in fact i would say that because the FW190-a5 has almost 2x the firepower of the P47 i think they are both properly tiered were they are at.

but a P47D with 150 octane would qualify for tier 11 i think.

Edited by Rumpullpus
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

the [8-9] bracket isn't too far away from the [10-11] tiers though. in fact i would say that because the FW190-a5 has almost 2x the firepower of the P47 i think they are both properly tiered were they are at.

The only advantage in firepower the A-5 has over the P-47 is more centred guns. Otherwise I'd much rather have 8 x .50 cals over 2 x MG151 and 2 x MG FF/M.

Only once you get to the Doras and Ta 152 can you claim an advantage in fire power (or if you gimp yourself with pods).

medal medal medal medal medal medal

its a wondefull plane once you get past the glass tale and its almost nno arrmor. if you get high enough you can outdive and german and wreck in it.

Climb to 7 km before engaging and the P-47 D-25 will work wonders. Up there it performs like a 190 A-5 with slightly inferior roll rate but better max dive speed.

It got tiered down to where it is now because of general complaints of its armament. Sure it has 8 50s...but everything else has cannons, or had them at tier 9. Now at tier 8 it'll go against a few cannons, the occasional 190, but it'll be MG games more often than it was before, making it a somewhat useful plane. Its fine where it is. However, if the P47N comes into play, with 150 octane, that can go to 12+ and it'll be fine.

Also....

Why was this thread necro'd? Why not make a new thread? >_>

Why was this thread necro'd? 

There is that one quote about how a P-47 was said to perform similar to a 109 at high alt. P-51 was always the 190 analogue IIRC.

And how can you say the P-47 should be tier 12, then say 190s should be lower than they are now? The Fw190s are probably the most accurately placed series in the game apart from the F-8.

I love this plane and it still hold its energy very well at the moment. You do have to fly so you conserve your energy. Always remember to build your energy when not in direct combat. So climb or go fast. And turn gently when you don't have to turn hard as it waists huge amounts of energy at high speed.    

It is faster than a 109f at all altitudes. The DM is obviously beta as some parts fall off with hardy any damage and others take huge amounts.  

It is also not bad at all altitudes. The majority of aircraft are worse at high altitude but it is not poor at mid to low altitude either. Its still very fast at all attitudes.

Once you learn how to play it you can dominate the sky as long as you keep your energy advantage and make the enemy loose there's.

And if someone's on your tail. Dive or run or your dead. Unless its a FW109 which you can out turn but only just. A good 109 or 190 pilot will still toast you if they are on your tail.  

And you can sit at 10000M till they run out of fuel as you have twice the time and then kill them as they land if it goes bad and you are up high alone.

Edited by Madkite
medal medal medal medal

I want to like the P-47 but I always find that by the time I get to operating altitude I've either been shot by a 109 that was above me or my whole team is dead and there are 5 109s above me :(s .

Good points, I also strongly support the addition of a d-28 with 65"-70" and 150 octane fuel FM...

The FM we have atm seems almost spot on for a 45 min (160 gallons of fuel), 12000 lb at take off, 54" p47...  p47d-25 with 370 gallons of fuel and HS prop (13,900ish net weight) climbed at like 2800 ft/min.  I think it's safe to say that dropping 1,900 lbs would at the very least result in the 3150ish ft/min climb rate the current FM allows for...  As a reference, 66" 150 octane p47ds with Curtis electric paddle prop climbed at around 3,250 ft/min with 370 gallons of fuel (13,800 lbs).  I think it's reasonable to assume that a 12,000 lb d-28 (45 min of fuel) producing 2535-2600 hp (13% more power than 54" d-25) would climb in excess of 3,500 ft/min.  D-28 with 150 octane upgrade and a proper FM would go great at tier 11-12 IMO.

Edited by taco86