Update without restarting servers

• Bug fixed: friends' statuses may be shown incorrectly in the contact list
  • Several client shutdowns fixed

look ad it this way.

Its a beta, not the final game,

there i things u are gonna like and things u are not gonna like,

And thats how it is...

Buy gijin and make the game as u like or stop playing,

We are gonna see alot more changes befor it finish.

• Upvote 1

Well bugs with new patch such as airport repairs and plane ejecting with first bullet still remains (talking about arcade). Arcade became unplayable from any point of view. Either change a name from arcade to useless or something since it's total waste of silver lions and time. Server packet loss and lag is still there so .... have fun with your so called "game". Even if it is BETA you shouldn't allow failures like this.

Deleted

Its a beta, not the final game,

there i things u are gonna like and things u are not gonna like,

And thats how it is...

Buy gijin and make the game as u like or stop playing,

We are gonna see alot more changes befor it finish.

Dont insult please. Mod

It is not a beta, they call it a beta to shield them from criticism. "Well they broke this but its only a beta" 

• Upvote 3

Fix the Ki-200 and Me 163 they can fly only for 6 minutes in arcade and Ki-200 even less 4 minutes yet you didn't change any repair costes on them and you expect people land rocket planes every 5 minutes or pay 40k lions for every 5 minutes cause it runs out of fuel and crashes. Seriously what the hell you developers are thinking making fuel limited on Arcade specially for rocket planes.

medal medal medal

love the patch but WTF 

had to pay for pylons ok now i had a million and i had to pay imense ammount for ammo

medal medal medal

love the patch but WTF 

had to pay for pylons ok now i had a million and i had to pay imense ammount for ammo

Well of course, they give you more money from matches (less repair cost) so now they have to find ways to make you spend all of that money so nothing actually changed, it just looks like it did, thats the thing with games like this, the developers are just constantly trying to find ways to screw you over so that you buy gold and premium to make it work properly.

It is not going to change either, because that is there business model.

They should teach them how to make business model first. Then create one. If you really need to pay for almost every click in game it's not a business model but complete rip-off. Maybe this kinda thing works in Russia (and i know it doesn't since i have been there quite alot) but rest of EU is not that stupid.

• Upvote 1

They should teach them how to make business model first. Then create one. If you really need to pay for almost every click in game it's not a business model but complete rip-off. Maybe this kinda thing works in Russia (and i know it doesn't since i have been there quite alot) but rest of EU is not that stupid.

Not really a rip off, you do not pay a thing until you "need to" and even then it is still your choice, most games like this do the exact same thing, for example World of Tanks, when you get so far up the tiers you will struggle to afford both the repairs and shells without premium, although premium seems to have a distinctly smaller impact here which is why I still have not bought it.

the problem with this game is you ain't going nowhere without premium. That's what this patch is all about. Just think, You get level 1 in any fleet. Ok. Buy plane, buy ammunition, pay the crew pay this pay that. With this kinda rewards you are getting atm it's just not possible. It's a ripoff. And the thing that you need to buy previous plane just to fly the one in that tree even if you never going to fly it? 

• Upvote 2

in my opinion the new patch sucks bad and from the online chat im not the only one all my planes now fly like crap.
the cost of new planes is offensive.
the cost to repair some of my planes is prohibitive.
ive been flying all morning and cant seem to hit anything
but ground targets.
i used to spend real money on this game because it was fun
to move ahead in the game check out new planes.
but now its more than ovius that you will very much NEED to
spend spend spend if you wish to play this game as before
i looked at ammo this morning and some of the rounds are 44000
lions REALLY,
forget buying that new plane unless you plan on spending real
money for the lions and putting it in service forget it.
again in my opinion really big swing REALLY BIG MISS.

singed not a happy camper
  • Upvote 3

Not really a rip off, you do not pay a thing until you "need to" and even then it is still your choice, most games like this do the exact same thing, for example World of Tanks, when you get so far up the tiers you will struggle to afford both the repairs and shells without premium, although premium seems to have a distinctly smaller impact here which is why I still have not bought it.

bs games like this used to cost 60.00 us dollers
dumbass now you pay an UNLIMITED amount of money
and if the server is greedy like this one!!!!! you will
pay it faster rather than slower

both games are made and realest by the same people no wonder it's the same game model
and world of tanks you're rite i stopped playing that game for that very reason the tanks
got impossible to buy and repair without spending real money. now this game is headed in
the same direction.
  • Upvote 1

Agree. Ahoydeer you should check debate in Economy v1.29 aswell since there are people who spent lots of real money for the game and they just can't belive it and they actualy feel offended by new patch. I would be too. I really wanted to spend some euro once in a while. But after this. I take myself for a beer. More profitable. But don't say anything to moderators since they going to delete post like they did mine while i only tried to warn them that their personal stuff doesn't concern me. All i wanted were answers.

• Upvote 2

i know ill have to spend real money in a game like this, but wanting to spend money on certain things and having to spend money just to play
is a big difference my friend. Im just really disappointed in the update i don't really see the graphics update and im running two GTX 560 TI 448
in sli 80 fps, and my planes seem to fly like crap, the only thing i really like about the patch is the garage interface that's it

bs games like this used to cost 60.00 us dollers
dumbass now you pay an UNLIMITED amount of money
and if the server is greedy like this one!!!!! you will
pay it faster rather than slower

both games are made and realest by the same people no wonder it's the same game model
and world of tanks you're rite i stopped playing that game for that very reason the tanks
got impossible to buy and repair without spending real money. now this game is headed in
the same direction.

I was talking about Free to play games, so not they didnt cost $60 and you stopped playing WoT because you couldnt afford the new tanks without premium, you better start looking for a new game now then, since this game came out it has followed WoT, not only recently. Which for me is not a bad thing, if people were able to play the game 100% without paying a penny then the servers would not be up for long would they?

• Upvote 2

I know i will have to spend real money
but wanting to and having to is a big difference
my friend

since this game came out it has followed WoT,
i believe its the same co.

i think it's going to be the ground part of this game
im not sure about any of this though
  • Upvote 1

The torrent link is available in the bottom right-hand corner of the launcher.
medal

A very interesting post at the top on Reddit.

This post was submitted by Aerial_Fury. In it he quotes Osirish and together they sum up the whole of 1.29 quite well. A bit long but worth a look.

Original quote by Osirish:

"I think that Gaijin need to look at themselves more closely. Who is making these design decisions? Customers, yes "customers", because "players" doesn't reflect accurately what we are, want the game to be fun. Isn't that the reason 99.9% have been playing WT? Gaijin, you want our money, and we'll happily pay if we are having fun and getting value for it. Game developers chose their career paths because they were gamers first. They want to make products that are fun too. Decisions that are made that remove the fun through cynical money grabs is not what customers want, or developers want to see in their games ... so again, who is making the decisions?

I'm an old man. I've been playing games since pong. I was getting jaded and WT gave me back what has been missing from most games in the last 10 years, fun. Patch 1.29 has now killed that for me too. I recently bought 3 months membership, because I was having fun. I bought the ultra-pack as a christmas present for myself because I was having fun. I put a lot of trust into you because you were different and I believed that you knew what customers wanted. You weren't charging 50 euros for a single premium plane, while there was some grind, it was not beyond someone who was a casual player. There was little that was unachievable for a ftp customer over a premium player except speed of levelling.

I've been playing for a few hours, and I've read through this thread. Let me pre-empt a few things.

Why should I give the patch a chance and get used to it if I am not having fun? If it wasn't fun in the first 30 minutes, or the first 3 hours, it won't be fun after the first 30 hours. Do not disrespect me or others by saying we'll get used to it or that change is always resisted. All you are saying to me by suggesting I give the patch a chance is ... waste a day or two of your life in the faint hope that your pleasure centers will re-adjust and you'll suddenly agree with the changes and like them.

I don't give a crap about FMs or DMs in arcade mode. Purists and players who like simulations already have two game modes available for them. Casual players have one, and you're killing it. Arcade mode is about pure unadulterated fun. You have replaced that a mode that just isn't fun for a lot of us. Continuously calling it a Beta and to stop whining is another form of disrespect and downright idiocy. If something is not right in the Alpha, or Beta, then that is exactly the time to whine and QQ about it.

For those who are saying to stop QQing, that it is FTP and that no one forced us into spending money. If we didn't, you wouldn't have servers to play on. The way I see it, if you haven't spent money to support the development and infrastructure of the game yet, then why is your opinion more valid than those of us who have, surely it should be the other way around?

Premium is almost a requirement now, certainly if you are leveling crews and crew skills. Would I be right in saying that Gaijin are already planning to sell "Lion Packs" in the store? What has happened is that the income has been nerfed and the price of everything else has increased ... and you did raise the price of everything else. The only thing that you reduced was the repair costs of about 60% of the planes, the others remained the same or increased. Many are thanking you for lowering the repair costs, but they are not seeing the huge increase in the purchase of new planes, the huge increases in crew training, the increases in cost of ammunition and extra modules that have been added. I don't give a crap about repair costs decreasing by 2000 when my next plane is going to cost 1.5 million, or training the crew to ace is going to cost another million, or equiping it with ammo is going to cost another few hundred thousand. Am I the only one seeing this for what it is?

I own a lot of premium planes. You did one thing right by giving the "gift" planes premium bonuses .... but how many have noticed the nerfs on your other premium planes. Planes that were bought for real money to support the game, and that were bought on the basis of the bonuses they gave, have been nerfed too .... with no patch notes or warnings. Did you enjoy your Boomerang? Did you enjoy it so much you bought both of them although they were practically identical? Do you know that the income and xp bonuses on them have been nerfed, like the others? If someone buys something that is advertised as one thing and you then take that away after you have received their money .... is that not illegal with most products? Defending this by saying it is just a patch or is a beta is no defence.

Yes, I remember the out-cry after patch 1.27 ... Customers were unhappy with patch 1.27 .... they were still complaining about it right up until patch 1.29 ... now that patch 1.29 is worse and people are saying "go back to patch 1.27" ... is an indication or how F'd up patch 1.29 is, not validing that 1.27 was good. Every patch has made the game a little less fun. The 15 sec timer, OP Russian planes(ufos), and the paper bombers were the original complaints ... now we have a whole new set. This does not make patch 1.27 good, it is saying that people would rather play a broken 1.27 than the current 1.29.

Trying to turn arcade mode into more of a realistic simulator is not working. You are removing the fun. Trying to force players into paying money by making it too tough to progress without it, might look good in the short term but will kill the game's potential in the long run.

1.29 has made me regret renewing my subscription. The nerfs to premium planes has made me regret buying them too. I play arcade, I play casually. I want to support this game, but you won't be seeing another penny from me until you make the game fun again. I do not want another grind fest. I do not want another publisher trying to nickel and dime it's customer base. I do not want the game to feel like work. Congrats on the X2 xp by the way ... now the game feels more like work, wonder where you got that idea from?

The gameplay itself ... Handling is much worse for most of the planes I flew today. Most matches are now ending with one side losing all it's aircraft because no one can stay alive long enough to bomb the targets, or when they actually managed to drop bombs, they missed. How crap dive bombing is now and that you have to practically go nose down to make the sight appear, or how bombers don't seem to have sights at all without using the bomb view. How bomber hunters like the Me410.A are now being out turned and out dived by their prey even when you took out one of their engines on the first pass and they somehow manage to get on your tail and keep up with you. How most players now seem to be flying russian planes for some reason (like it wasn't an issue before!). Maybe someone can put together a list of good things that came out of this patch because I can't?

Following Comment by Aerial_Fury:

"This. This post is well constructed with both LOGIC and REASON as well as an appeal to emotion. This post deserves more attention.

I agree with everything in that post but if I could add my own two cents:

A few people are saying the new damage model makes the game more "rewarding" and "dynamic". While these are both relative terms, I will try to construct an argument against it and hopefully you can see why I am so adamant against this mindset

The new damage model has given planes in arcade mode the ability to quickly (and I mean quickly) kill enemy planes. Planes have more vulnerable spots and even being nicked in the tail wing can make it impossible to fly let alone continue to fight and evade.

Now normally, this would be an ok change, especially to realism game modes and perhaps would even have been a good change to arcade mode if it were not for one glaring issue: THE EASE OF TARGETING IN ARCADE MODE. By this I am referring to the number of features in arcade such as mouse aim, aim reticule, lead reticule, etc. Why is this a problem? Because it makes shooting down people TOO EASY. There is no skill, there is no reward. High damage combined with easy targeting is a TOXIC gameplay model (except for cod but that is not a dogfighting game). High damage WORKS in realism modes because targeting is so hard. It takes skill and maneuvering ability to hit your shots. This is not the case in arcade (which is not a bad thing, the point of arcade is to make flying easier) and the reason high damage removes so much fun from the game.

1.29 has REMOVED dogfighting from arcade in the forms of turn fighting and energy fighting. Fights are over faster than people can react simply because they took 1 machine gun bullet to the tail pipe. The game is no longer about targeting an enemies engines or wings as it was in 1.27. Before, you positioned yourself perfectly on someones tail, aimed at the right spot and were rewarded for it. Now, you simply spray and hit whatever you can to completely immobilize them and you have won.

Sure 1.27 had problems with balance and such. BUT AT LEAST THE FIGHTS WERE DYNAMIC AND ENGAGING. Planes twisting and turning in epic 45 second fights to see who could get the advantage. Nicking each other with bullets but never getting a killing blow because they couldn't get an upper hand. With patch 1.29 it has simply become "hey you got the first nick on the enemy plain, congratz you won the dogfight".

Among other things, this further upsets the balance of boom and zoom playstyle of the already over powered russian planes etc. japanese are seriously underpowered now as they can not stay alive long enough to engage in an ACTUAL TURN FIGHT.

OVERALL, I think I can understand the direction they were trying for, but high damage simply DOES NOT WORK with such easy accuracy in arcade battles. This change has taken away the FUN of arcade mode and while damage models can be tuned it needs to be done with EXTREME care as it greatly changes how the game is played. Think of the difference between Halo and COD. Both great games but both vastly different simply because of the different damage model used in both games.

As for the economy changes, I will have to play more before I can make a statement, but as for the damage model change, this change can EASILY be felt within the first five minutes of playing arcade mode and is why I feel comfortable making such a post as this."

TL;DR: Patch 1.29 needs a bit of work.

• Upvote 4
medal