Wibox

Squadron Battles - Availability

Dear Players!

During non-peak time hours, the queue for Squadron Battles often lacks the necessary opponents to allow for a reasonably fast match creation. Often enough, no available opposition caused teams of players to wait almost indefinitely. To avoid such long waiting times for our players, Squadron Battles will now only be available during a certain time frame. In conclusion, queuing up for a Squadron Battle is no longer possible between 01.00 - 07.00 GMT except for the weekends: Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

This changes will take effect in the nearest future.

Thank you for understanding!

• Upvote 1

I fail to see how this helps anyone things were going good enough as it was if anything this is going to make waiting for SB even longer Because no US team plays early in the morning Because people have jobs or other things to do They need to stop thinking so much about there Russian Players and think about how things would Effect everyone else.

• Upvote 13

This is unequivocally a terrible idea. A large chunk of North American players do play during the 1:00-7:00 GMT. While I will concede the numbers are not what they once were in arcade squadron battles, there's still a substantial number in realistic squadron battles. Speaking for my squadron, we play/played on a nightly (American CST) basis and would see at the very least 1, usually far more squadrons in queue with us. Just last night, there were 25+ people waiting for battle in both the squadron arcade and realistic queues. This change will bring about a guaranteed drop in the player base and while I can only speak for myself and my squadron, a cessation of golden eagle purchases.

As also mentioned by a previous poster, this change seems to be a deliberate affront to North American players. The other squadron battle timeslot falls during the daytime a.k.a school and work hours for North American players, which essentially prohibits any sort of active participation, which provides an undeniable advantage to European and Russian squadrons. If this is to remain a globally played game, this issue must be resolved.

Edited by OnTheRocks
  • Upvote 17
medal medal

This is unacceptable.

Instead of eliminating a problem you think you have maybe you should try to fix it. The US time zone is prime for the picking with american dollar bills which make you a ton of more money than the rubles.. which you seem to be focusing on how to fund this game. This is not only a bad business move, but you will eliminate all of the US squadrons that have been forming since this post has been stickied http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/892-squadron-battles/ and this post http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/173906-a-guide-to-squadron-battles/

You are basically telling the american players who have money (because we can't play during your squadron battles) that there is no end game for you other than boring pub matches which take little skill to dominate in because most US players are still learning and spending money on the game.

• Upvote 11

You are screwing over american timezone teams this is inconceivably stupid taking out such a large game factor without player consent is the most bogus thing i have read on this forum so far. You say thanks for understanding yet none of us understand this change. I did not spend a **** ton of my hard earned money on this game on slots and backups for squadrons battles to have it go to waste. If you truly care about the player community you will halt this change immediately. 

Thank you for understanding!

Edited by gorams
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal

Dear Gaijin,

If you don't change your mind on this, there will be a number of Western Hemisphere players that will leave your game and demand a refund for any funds provided to you. It is unfortunate that Western Hemisphere and Eastern Hemisphere squadrons do not have a chance to play each other more often. Setting up Saturday Squadron battles between Eastern Hemisphere and Western Hemisphere would be better than denying Western Hemisphere players the opportunity to take part in squadron battles.

Sincerely,

Peter

• Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal

Well good luck with that, you will be losing all the top american players from this game to include my self. We have spent two years forming up to challenge your leader board under different names. You will lose all your american players and to start this right before the summer time when more Americans will be online at night is absurd. I for one will be leaving for star citizen if this happens, and if I need a ww2 fix I will go to wot. If I wanted a company that just wanted my money with no good end game material I would have never left wot. I spent two years telling people just one more patch like some kind of crack head hoping upon hope that a head will be removed from someones @## an get things straight for us. No your right lets support our Russians. All we ever wanted was separate night time leader board I mean really how long would that be to program. Your business model is insane I can not even begin to describe its absurdity I mean you do you have a child trying to do power point with a crayon when it comes to deciding how to handle the american player base

So in a nut shell ty for not understanding your US community

• Upvote 6

hello wibox

if this step is taken by gajien then it will loss lots its good players and the best thing to do would be to extend the time of squadrone sarver of eu and ru through which the us squadrones can take place in squadrone match.

plzzz take note of this step and take care of US server players who are dedicted to this game.

thank  you

• Upvote 6

Gaijin thinks limiting the player base is a solution?

Why not encourage more people to join squadron battles by offering more Gold to the top 3 squads?

Why not expand the rewards to the first 10, 20 squadrons in each mode and increase the number of players who are rewarded with gold from each squad?

I fear the repercussions of such a decision will only hinder the game and its community.

Edited by BunnyPoopCereal
  • Upvote 6

This is the most idiotic thing you could have done.  You have 3 markets and you are kicking one to the curb.  Way to ruin a business there.  Would be a shame if the shareholders in the company withdrew because you couldn't a return on their investment. I case you didn't realize I'm talking about the player base.  I have spent a lot of money on this game but I will be damned if I spend another cent.

• Upvote 5

Seriously!? This is more russian bull crap to kill the americans, when an american squad is about to take out your russian comrades from the top you all freak out and eliminate the possibility for American squads to play. and you think by eliminating a time frame this will help squadron battles!? Gaijin, this makes wargaming look decent!! 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

Seriously!? This is more russian bull crap to kill the americans, when an american squad is about to take out your russian comrades from the top you all freak out and eliminate the possibility for American squads to play. and you think by eliminating a time frame this will help squadron battles!? Gaijin, this makes wargaming look decent!

yeah thats what it seems like... well time to stop playing this game

• Upvote 3
medal medal

What is being done is unfair to the entire us player pool and insane, you are ruining this game for a lot of loyal players.

This and the new domination match needs to be changed ty. sincerly ownsyou

• Upvote 2

A lot of players ONLY log in to play squad events during the week. Remove that and they're not going to be logging in to play war thunder. How is this anything other than segregating the US player base? If your US servers weren't complete trash maybe we wouldn't need the EU time slot! Way to give the west coast the shaft though...

• Upvote 4

I want to have a personal conversation with a Gaijin developer..  For real..  I believe we can share some great ideas for this game..

Many of the US players might have some great New ideas to share..  Please feel free to contact me.. thanks 

• Upvote 2

no more golden eagles being bought from this guy anymore. And ill bet they are gonna loose thousands of dollars from this decision.. Absolute bull crap, and totally 1 sided dont you think Gaijin? I really dont see the logic in this,, but must be because im american?

• Upvote 3