sollitdude

common tank weakspot guide

You don't really need a guide for your early German tanks- if you see a window, shoot it.

As a general rule against any tank, if I don't know where to shoot, I aim to break their cannon.

• Sad 1

You don't really need a guide for your early German tanks- if you see a window, shoot it.

As a general rule against any tank, if I don't know where to shoot, I aim to break their cannon.

Thanks for the Buzzkill-level post.

It's still important to know the armour and crew locations of low-tier tanks to maximise the effectiveness of guns like the german 20 millimetre cannons, as they have a long reload. This kind of reference materiel is what makes this forum useful to newer players.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I will add that machine gun fire is incredibly effective against the Zis-30 instead of wasting time switching shell types. Also, an APHE or APHEBC shell aimed at the front of the tank or it's sides will generally knock-out the crew or set-off it's ammo.

"that is tank viewer manipulation, and it is used to create unneccesary doubt in players" accuses me of intentionally manipulating something

He's talking about changing the camera angle. It could have been phrased in a more precise fashion, but it is not an insult. Essentially, when you are examining the armor of a tank, moving the camera angle simulates a shot hitting from a different angle (like if you were shooting at it). This allows you to see how much "Effective Thickness" an armor value has.

As for the so-called "Wonderwall," it is probably an extra set of armor plating along the inside of the track. As to why it would have an effective thickness of 500mm... well, this is all conjecture, mind you, but the wheels of the track absorb shells and shell fragments, thus, the armor has a higher effective thickness than what a 160mm plate generally would have. (The individual wheels on the track, except for the drive wheels, don't seem to be modeled, instead, that value is given as an increase in effective thickness to the plate behind it). Shooting it in a different spot is akin to avoiding a wheel or two, which would decrease the effective thickness of the armor. Anyway, that is all just theory.

Does anyone have some good blacl prince weakpoint tips from all sides?

I've only shot at Black Princes from Tigers and Tiger II's, so I will suggest shooting at the sides of the turret, just a little behind the gun mantlet. You can also shoot the side of the hull if you're in a Tiger II, as the 88mm Pak 43 shell will generally penetrate and deal damage (I've had some issues with the regular Tiger when shooting at the side of the hull). If you're attacking from the rear, shoot the back of the turret. From the front, I'd suggest shooting the cannon barrel to disable it and buy yourself some time, then go for either the track, to lengthen the repair and prevent it from moving as you work your way around the side, or any weakspots you know of.

Awesome guide. Very helpful.

How about the IS-1? Would the KV section be the closest thing? I have difficultly penetrating it frontally.

Unless you're in a Tiger or Panther or something with a similar gun, don't shoot the IS frontally. If you are in a Tiger or Panther, aim for directly right (from your POV) of the gun barrel, this will knock-out the gunner. You can also shoot directly left of the gun barrel to get the Loader. If you can hit it, the turret ring will usually net you a 1-hit kill.

From the sides, however, the IS is an easy kill.

What are the Hetzer's weakspots?

I tried shooting at the round part of the Hetzer's gun, I took out the gunner, driver, and made the gun barrel turn black, only for the Hetzer to get his gun online by the time I finish reloading and then one-shot me, even if I had all of my crew alive before.

This happened whenever I've played the T-34 STZ, T-34-57, and the KV 1-ZIS 5.

Edited by Mammoth23

6 hours ago, Mammoth23 said:

What are the Hetzer's weakspots?

I tried shooting at the round part of the Hetzer's gun, I took out the gunner, driver, and made the gun barrel turn black, only for the Hetzer to get his gun online by the time I finish reloading and then one-shot me, even if I had all of my crew alive before.

This happened whenever I've played the T-34 STZ, T-34-57, and the KV 1-ZIS 5.

You do know these tanks are the most broken of their BR ? The KV-1 ZiS-5 is the tank with the highest K/D ratio of the whole game...

On a Hetzer, shoot the lower front plate to immobilize him (and kill some crew members if you have some luck) and enjoy.

medal medal medal medal