3 1000 pound bombs is the final nexeide

I have found it to be a tougher nut to crack when attacking and a damage sponge when flying. I will give you the fact it is slower and the starting bomb load does suck but for me I would take the B25 over my A20 any day.

A lot may have to do with difference in how we fly it but not knowing how you run it i can't comment on that.

I have found it to be a tougher nut to crack when attacking and a damage sponge when flying. I will give you the fact it is slower and the starting bomb load does suck but for me I would take the B25 over my A20 any day.

A lot may have to do with difference in how we fly it but not knowing how you run it i can't comment on that.

3 1000lb bombs >>>>>>>>>>> 4 500lb bombs. While obviously 3,000 is more than 2,000 a 1,000 bomb has more blast radius than 2 500lb bombs do, IIRC.

It's also got much much much better defensive and offensive abilities, that much is obvious on paper.

In your mind WART, how is it's acceleration/agility compared to the A-20? That is the most important part to ground attack, IMO.

It is a little bit more sluggish but not something that can't be handled. All of my runs have been at less than 1000 feet and even with the 12 100 pounders you start with I have managed to really tear up the ground targets. pill boxes are a pian until you get the bigger bombs but just double drop on all targets and you will kill anything under a heavy tank or pill box.

What I like is the defensive armament and the forward armament. I have killed several planes with me in control of the rears and the Ai's doing it and strafing aa is a breeze while reloading the bombs..

• Upvote 2

I like how you said the B-25 is a bomber with a strafing option purely due to it's B-* classification but the A-20G is a ground attack even though it has a worse "strafing option"... purely based on its A-* classification.

And the funniest thing is the B-25 was developed to be a ground attack but the Havoc was chosen instead. So the B- classification got attached due to the Army wanting a "bomber" and not a "ground attack". Wording specifications like that is how you clear contract orders and projects through Congress. You should look into the B-29/B-50 designation as another proof of that.

On an unrelated note, Heinemann designed better ground-attack/light bombers. The A-26 should be a very good aircraft.

Well usually i whip out my A20G Dive down going as fast as i can and hit as many tanks  in a column as i can before pulling out and coming around for another pass.

medal medal

Several times now I've had a my Mitchell go looping out of control.  This was in arcade mode, too, where you're supposed to automatically recover from stalls.  What seems to happen is if the speed drops too low, the plane suddenly pitches down really hard and gets stuck that way.  If this happens at a high altitude, the plane continues pitching down until it comes up inverted, and then proceeds to death loop several times until enough altitude is bled off to lead to a crash.  Nothing I do seems to break the plane out of this.  

Has anyone else been experiencing this behavior?  Has anyone found a solution?

• Upvote 2

I just spent some time test flying the Mitchell to characterize this behavior.  It occurs any time the plane stalls in any way.  This includes climbing too steep, turning too sharp, or anything else that might stall your plane.

There is a cure, but it's an odd one.  Keep your engines going full blast until you can maneuver your plane such that it's inverted.  Just before the nose of the plane points at the horizon, cut your engines completely.  This will.... stall you out of the stall, so to speak.  If you get it just right, your plane will come out of its stall and start pitching up (relative to your view), but you're not safe just yet since you're still upside-down.  At this point, going below your critical speed will put you right back into a death loop.  Pull up on your stick and dive at the ground long enough to build enough speed that you won't stall.  After that, do what you need to do in order to get upright without stalling.

This behavior is pretty bizarre, and I'm quite certain it's a glitch.

I think the FM is just fine... I haven't had any un-recoverable stalls... I did a loop with it once, out of a dive, with some working on the flaps and the yoke... but this plane isn't supposed to loop, or even invert... you can do it in arcade, but it shouldn't be at low speeds, and in HB, don't even try it... the wings will come off.

I think your getting used to the new over all changes in FM... all the planes are def flying more realistic (less UFO) even in arcade.

I'm not talking about trying to loop or invert.  As with any plane, if you try to climb too fast or corner too sharply, the plane will start to stall.  Both of these situations are normally somewhat self righting, even in "full real battle" mode.  Stalling while cornering makes you go straight, and stalling while climbing makes you nose down.  Of course stalling has negative consequences and should be avoided, but it happens if you're pushing the envelope.

The problem here is that when the Mitchell stalls in these situations, it gets stuck pitching downwards full force, long after your plane has picked up enough speed that it shouldn't be stalling anymore.  It's not that I'm ever trying to loop or invert; the plane does it on its own, any time it stalls for any reason.  If you haven't seen it yet, that's because you have been cautious and haven't stalled your plane.  Take your Mitchell for a test flight with "arcade" physics.  Intentionally stall the plane by climbing too steep (e.g. pitch up for 30deg for a little while) and see how it reacts.  

This is not normal aircraft behavior.  I fly the B17 quite often, so I know how to handle large aircraft.

As standard testing of any plane I take it in to test flights and do all three levels, and push it until it crashes a number of times - including fatal stalls, just to get the idea of the performance envelope.

I am curious how your not recovering... could you give me the details - I would lile to try to recreate this, I haven't been able to really stall the plane into a situation in which your discribing, I have stalled it in a number of ways, but nothing that couldn't be recovered... I was going to add that in flying this plane you can also use your flaps in all 4 positions in flight... give me the run up on what your doing and I will see if I can re-create it.

YOU NEED A TRAINING FILM (1944) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YQmkjpP6q8 - :learn:

Do you use a mouse?  I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I use a joystick.  This happens pretty much any time the plane stalls.  It's easy to recreate by getting up to a high altitude and then pointing your nose to the sky.

Edit: With some more testing, pulling up hard on the stick is also seems to produce the death loops.  I was able to find a few ways to stall my plane that didn't always result in a death loop, but pulling up while stalling is a surefire way to enter a death loop.

Also, nice video.  =)

I am using a mouse and KB.. and I often use KB to augment the controls - I am wondering if your entering a flat spin... where you stall out, the plan and then kicking in rudder you start to skid around... it might be a tumble also if it's end over end... in that case any added speed is just making it worse,as it increases the spining not fixing it... I am not on the PC atm for WT, but if you are - try this - drop the flaps using: "[" and "]" controlls to landing when your in it, and see what hat does, and just neutral all the controls and throttle... I haven't noticed anything like this, but now I am curious...

I'm 100% sure it's not a flat spin.  I'll have to try goofing around with the flaps next time I'm in game.

I think we can def say it's not the plane that sucks... it's the pilots choice of use of a plane for a purpose that it was never intended to fill... ugh... well whatever...

Here is why the B-25 at rank 7 is a very good plane for what it's meant for: bombing.

B-25 - 1x nose MG, 1x Turret 2xMG, 2x Waist Gunners 1xMG, 1x Tail Gunner 2xMG, 5x(6x) fixed nose MG.

B-17 - 2x nose MG, 1x Turret 2xMG, 2x Waist Gunners 1xMG, 1x Tail Gunner 2xMG, 1x Ball Turret 2xMG... G has a 2xMG chin turret.

So in a medium bomber, once you have your 5x Gunners (3x less then the B-17) you have almost practically the same defensive armament, accept the underside, of a heavy bomber...

Your Payload is pretty good also - 1000lbs bombs 4x, 500lbx x 8 = just fine for all purposes... the 4x are probably the most usefull in the game - keeps your runs short, and you hitting power hard.

And it's def. more manuverable than a heavy bomber...

So, why people are complaining about not being a fighter with bombs is to me silly, if that is what you want to fly, fly only fighers and fighter bombers... don't fly attackers, ground attack or bombers - you will simply be unhappy... but don't post that it's the plane, when it's the pilot that is doing it wrong.

Its made of paper. Regardless of how you use it you're still going to be at a major disadvantage to everyone else in the game. Just face the facts. Bombing is just useless as of Patch 1.29

• Upvote 1
medal medal

I never understood the fascination with the B-25 myself IRL - and I call myself a fan of US aviation during ww2.

Maybe the Doolittle thing? 

medal

Looks badass and is an heavy attackerSmile-izmena.gif

This ^ 

But as per usual the Devs decide to stick the finger to the US planes.

And Bombing in general.

medal medal