Thiky

Missing German Heer, Elite and Cold War unit decals in ground battle

the decals might not look "spectacular" but their archievements make important and spectacular nonetheless

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

I understand what you wrote, but this is too much. I think should be choose one from these, because all panzer division and abteilung insignia from the Wehrmacht and the Waffen SS maybe...

You saw too, that the Gaijin don't made neither these nice insignias what I collected. The developers wanted to see only one (Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 197) from these.  :(s

BUT

"Iranian Imperial Crown" insignias will be to Pz38(t)!!  :facepalm:

Maybe a Hungarian turret number from the eastern front??

pz38t_2021.jpg

Edited by Thiky
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Early white cross of the German tanks

Panzer_II_Lengyelorszag_017.jpg

wrak_pzIIIE.jpg

Panzer_IV_Ausf_C_Lengyelorszag_007.jpg

and an other variant - yellow cross with white outline

pzdiv_4_poland_on_1_september_1939___4_d

panzer3b.jpg

• Upvote 5
medal medal

here are two new from the North Africa front:

164. leichte Afrika Division

215px-164th_leichte_Afirika_Division_Log  or on a shield  164afrdiv.jpg

on a mudguard of Kübelwagen (red africa symbol with two white scimitar sword)

K%25C3%25BCbelwagen%2Bvehicles%2Bof%2Bth

10th Radio Regiment of DAK (Deutsches Afrikakorps) - with yellow lines on black base

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-785-0296-22A%2C_N

afrika.jpg

• Upvote 2
medal medal

It is very frustrating, isn't it? The Nazi's so thoroughly co-opted German folklore to their own ends that Germany today is all the poorer for it, culturally speaking.

Take for instance, the folk hero Florian Geyer, a 15th Century Franconian nobleman, diplomat and knight who was a leader in the German Peasants War, and became an icon of Marxism and Communist Revolutionaries. The Nazi's used his name for a Cavalry Division of the SS.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

SS decals will never happen, never never never

So post normal Heer decals only

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It is very frustrating, isn't it? The Nazi's so thoroughly co-opted German folklore to their own ends that Germany today is all the poorer for it, culturally speaking.

Take for instance, the folk hero Florian Geyer, a 15th Century Franconian nobleman, diplomat and knight who was a leader in the German Peasants War, and became an icon of Marxism and Communist Revolutionaries. The Nazi's used his name for a Cavalry Division of the SS.

And

The insignia wasn't aggressive - a simple sword (sorry because the other, but I found this picture only)

36849746886_20ce8f791a_o.jpg

I agree with you! This is an other example:

from the wolfsangel (wolf trap)

Wolfsanker.jpg wolfsangel-6.gif

"Das Reich" insignia

0.jpg

And her is a wehrmacht insignia too:

26.Pz.Div.

221px-26th_Panzer_Division_Logo.svg.png

35608850970_b0696fc64a_o.jpg

Edited by Thiky
  • Upvote 3
medal medal

StuG Abteilung 303. (Norhern sector Eastern front 1943-1944) - StuG Brigade 303. (Finland 1944)

303-StugBrig.gif

Stug_4783.jpg

13336491683_0f19f90d17_o.jpg

Edited by Thiky
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Flak Regiment 42 (in three colour: 1st Battery - white; 2nd Battery - red, 3rd Battery - yellow)

Vomag_1.jpg

Vomag_7_OR_660_mit_8-8cm-Flak_18_-Sf--_S

s_E-Pkw_mit_2cm_Flak_30-_WL-152549-_Hopp

Vomag_2.jpg

3iqg-6kq-1355.jpg

• Upvote 2
medal medal

an other specifically to Flakpanzer I

Flak Abteilung 614 (this insignia with yellow/black lines on black shield)

flabtl614.jpg

flakpanzer_pz1_c4.jpg

8228535689_25c91cc5c2_z.jpg

on the trailer

pic7.jpg

8308588690_311d484669_b.jpg

• Upvote 2
medal medal

an other example to Fallschirm-Panzer Division 1 insignia (on shield)

35956257366_2ef01bdde7_o.jpg

Edited by Thiky
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

Yes please give us wittmans decal 

This would looks good, but it have a little problem: Wittmann was an officer in the 101st SS Heavy Panzer Battalion and many people dislike all SS unit, so... I see small chance to this too.

101ss.jpg

Edited by Thiky
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Schwere Panzerjäger-Abteilung 519

I don't found good closer picture from the insignia unfortunately

nashornschewereheerespa.jpg

35956289376_d4ab5626dc_o.jpg

3270509e9c3805ba9719188b8a37768f.jpg

68m-36.jpg

Edited by Thiky
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

18th Panzer Abteilung

5872.jpg

35608932520_3999f09af1_o.jpg

vel-l-t-2.jpg

Edited by Thiky
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

On 2015-02-26 at 6:52 PM, Smin1080p said:
Open for discussion  :salute:

how could this be a discussion?  If there was a decal historically, add it. 

And If it weren't for that it's a russian game and international law and todays blindfolded moral, we should have SS panzer division decals and insignias aswell.

It's just as bad as having any SOVIET decals to be fair, did way more war crimes before, during and after ww2 than anyone else in history. but i assume that won't happen xD

On 2015-09-08 at 3:15 PM, Thiky said:

Early white cross of the German tanks

Panzer_II_Lengyelorszag_017.jpg

wrak_pzIIIE.jpg

Panzer_IV_Ausf_C_Lengyelorszag_007.jpg

and an other variant - yellow cross with white outline

pzdiv_4_poland_on_1_september_1939___4_d

panzer3b.jpg

Definetely need the early all white crosses!  been missing them :)

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Zepuoj said:

And If it weren't for that it's a russian game and international law and todays blindfolded moral, we should have SS panzer division decals and insignias aswell.

It's just as bad as having any SOVIET decals to be fair, did way more war crimes before, during and after ww2 than anyone else in history. but i assume that won't happen xD

There are a vast multitude of decals we could have in game. Hundreds and thousands of possible insignia, inscriptions, unit badges and roundles, however it simply not possible to add every single one used in the Second world war. 

This has nothing to do with Germany and the Soviet Union, as there are thousands of unit insignia, inscriptions, unit badges and roundels etc from ALL nations not currently in game. 

If we were to add every single one, not only would that consume a huge amount of resources to create and research, but also add a huge amount of size to the client and consequently the games overall download would be impossibly large. 

Please do not single this out to a German issue as it has absolutely nothing to do with that at all.  

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, Zepuoj said:

The war associated with the war crimes unfortunately and it isn't required to play the game, if somebody can't accept this.

BUT

I see you are after 5100 battle. ;)

Edited by Thiky
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Add all! Why not? It's not much work and I'm sure players would create them nonetheless if they can be sure it will be implemented. Would add so much more individuality, depth and immersion to the game!

Also add swastikas to the planes. It's so stupid to forbid such symbols. Symbols never hurt anyone. And people can be offended by everything, so this is not an argument too.

• Upvote 3
medal medal

On 9/28/2016 at 2:12 PM, Smin1080p said:

There are a vast multitude of decals we could have in game. Hundreds and thousands of possible insignia, inscriptions, unit badges and roundles, however it simply not possible to add every single one used in the Second world war. 

This has nothing to do with Germany and the Soviet Union, as there are thousands of unit insignia, inscriptions, unit badges and roundels etc from ALL nations not currently in game. 

If we were to add every single one, not only would that consume a huge amount of resources to create and research, but also add a huge amount of size to the client and consequently the games overall download would be impossibly large. 

Please do not single this out to a German issue as it has absolutely nothing to do with that at all.  

it could be possible to have like the  HQ texture pack that would be separate download allowing those with limited connection a way of playing without the added space/downloading needed.

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I would like to see all of them for it would be more realistic and could actually show the German army for who they were. Plus German tank decals seem to be lacking compared to the Allied counterparts. +1

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

I agree with Smin1080p, of course not all signs can be put into the game. As he said, this is not a German issue. There are still ways of combination to put such tags on tanks, for example a Jolly Roger and two Lightning bolts in SS shape from the Soviet tree look great and menacing together, quite nicely. It's much more fun to play the "bad boys" like this.

Instead of a Swastika on the planes, I use a Jolly Roger on the rudder. However, if there was a way to combine 2 items into a Swastika, of course we could use that then. It's a coat of arms in that regard too, and yes, to me the red star was just as bad - but it is in the game. This game is after all played by multiple people around the globe.

• Upvote 2