simplewolf answers questions about CDK ONLY!

Hello everyone. We bring you another developer who wants to answer your questions. This time I present you mister simplewolf the one and only, king of CDK. Ask him what you want and need to know about CDK and he will try his best to give you an answer.

Thread will be opened for 3 days, then locked, answered and opened again. Same like we are doing with BVV for example.

Thread will be opened for questions until Monday 23rd February.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 12

• Technical Moderator

I dont really know what to ask but.

Will decals be less transparent so the original roundels underneath wont be seen?

Example

GBE8DNm.jpg

• Upvote 4

Oh thank god I found this! 2nd post too. :Ds

So, here we go:

1: Can we please get the option to drive tanks in the CDK with the ablity to fire your guns/cannons?

2: Why are we not allowed to fly planes we do not own ingame in CDK missions? It is a shame to not be allowed to fly a historical Me-262 mission against over 100 B-17s and 50 P-51s over Berlin and can't even fly the plane properly due to the bad FM. Please explain why it does this.

EDIT: After all, its not like we are flying with friends, or against some real players. No, one would only be fighting AI planes. and 2nd, Single Missions allow you to fly planes you don't even own ingame! For example, I was able to fly the 'Battle of the Ruhr" mission with Me-410 B6R3 planes before I even got the Me-410 B6R3 (Which was over a year ago), and even now, I can play the Siege of Bastonge, where I fly a Me-262 (Which I do not have) against C-47 Sky trains. Bunker the bruno, Lancaster B Mk III, I don't have it, but I can fly it in the mission. Same case with missions like Night Predator, Operation "Bowwery", Divide and ConQuer, and many more.

With the above said, Can we please be allowed to fly planes we do not own ingame in CDK missions again?

3: Can we get a in-program tutorial to learn the basics of the CDK? It would be useful for players that know one part of the CDK, such as the Mission editor (like me), but not the Location editor, or nothing at all.

4: Will usermissions ever be able to be playable atleast in custom battles? It would be quite fun to drive tanks with friends on maps where you normaly can't drive tanks such as on Top of the World, or Grave Robber's Cliffs.

5: Can we get a feature that will not allow you to add units, planes or any content to a mission that is NOT fully implamented and can cause a crash of the CDK War Thunder? In otherwords, take for example the PBJ1J1, or the Hawker Sea Fury, they have files, but they can NOT be flown. And if you try to fly them in the War thunder, it will crash your War Thunder. With this feature, it will warn you and/or prevent you from adding a unit that will crash War Thunder if it is added into the mission.

EDIT 2: Question 6: Can we also please get the ablity back to "toggle hero" in the CDK? It allows the creativity of the players to expand a missions use of more player planes/tanks. IE: a player can fly a Pe-2 "Pishka" bomber as a spotter plane, and then just like that switch to the role of a Yak-9T that is already air born. We used to have this feature but it was removed with out explanation. If there was a silly reason for removing it (any reason) probably has something to do with above in blue.

Corection: Problem in question 5 could crash War Thunder. Not the CDK.

Thanks in advance! :yes:

Edited by SAUBER_KH7
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I haven't used the CDK a quite a while because I'm waiting for the ability to create tank missions with it. I don't want to ask when, because I expect that's not an easy question to answer.

So...

What can you tell use about the plans for the development of the CDK, i.e. future features?

Is anyone working on adding the ability to create tank missions to the CDK?

Many thanks.

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal

Can we possibly get a grid feature for the mission editor so we know how far apart certain units are? This is especially painful when making all ocean maps

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

How can we put some 3D models in the game or convert them from 3D software programs? That way we can make flight models for the models players work on such as the TA-154

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1.How to fix the game crash problem when the user made planes taking major damage?
i did try a lots of ways,but none of them work.here's my try [attachment=125185:pkg_user.rar]
also the sample_i_185 has the same issue which included in the CDK
we need a fully working sample
2.Could we have more detail tutorial for how to import a 3d model?i mean more detail about the aircraft blk file,script,or more,so far we only have the document about 3d model tech requirement.

Thanks in advance

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Dear Gaijin, is it possible to separate the roles in tanks, i.e., one palyer commander, one, gunner and one driver?

• Upvote 1

• Developer

I dont really know what to ask but.

Will decals be less transparent so the original roundels underneath wont be seen?

It seems that this questions is not about CDK. And no, decals will not be more transparent - all noise and scratches and seams will always be visible.

Oh thank god I found this! 2nd post too. 007_3.png

So, here we go:

1: Can we please get the option to drive tanks in the CDK with the ablity to fire your guns/cannons?

2: Why are we not allowed to fly planes we do not own ingame in CDK missions? It is a shame to not be allowed to fly a historical Me-262 mission against over 100 B-17s and 50 P-51s over Berlin and can't even fly the plane properly due to the bad FM. Please explain why it does this.

EDIT: After all, its not like we are flying with friends, or against some real players. No, one would only be fighting AI planes. and 2nd, Single Missions allow you to fly planes you don't even own ingame! For example, I was able to fly the 'Battle of the Ruhr" mission with Me-410 B6R3 planes before I even got the Me-410 B6R3 (Which was over a year ago), and even now, I can play the Siege of Bastonge, where I fly a Me-262 (Which I do not have) against C-47 Sky trains. Bunker the bruno, Lancaster B Mk III, I don't have it, but I can fly it in the mission. Same case with missions like Night Predator, Operation "Bowwery", Divide and ConQuer, and many more.

With the above said, Can we please be allowed to fly planes we do not own ingame in CDK missions again?

3: Can we get a in-program tutorial to learn the basics of the CDK? It would be useful for players that know one part of the CDK, such as the Mission editor (like me), but not the Location editor, or nothing at all.

4: Will usermissions ever be able to be playable atleast in custom battles? It would be quite fun to drive tanks with friends on maps where you normaly can't drive tanks such as on Top of the World, or Grave Robber's Cliffs.

5: Can we get a feature that will not allow you to add units, planes or any content to a mission that is NOT fully implamented and can cause a crash of the CDK War Thunder? In otherwords, take for example the PBJ1J1, or the Hawker Sea Fury, they have files, but they can NOT be flown. And if you try to fly them in the War thunder, it will crash your War Thunder. With this feature, it will warn you and/or prevent you from adding a unit that will crash War Thunder if it is added into the mission.

EDIT 2: Question 6: Can we also please get the ablity back to "toggle hero" in the CDK? It allows the creativity of the players to expand a missions use of more player planes/tanks. IE: a player can fly a Pe-2 "Pishka" bomber as a spotter plane, and then just like that switch to the role of a Yak-9T that is already air born. We used to have this feature but it was removed with out explanation. If there was a silly reason for removing it (any reason) probably has something to do with above in blue.

Thanks in advance! yes_yes_yes.gif

1. It will be done in some future releases.

2. We'll think about it. May be this problem will be solved shortly.

3. In-program tutorials are not in our priority. But we might record more tutorials if they'll be needed. I'll watch the requests.

4. We are working on that. It's not that easy, but we are working on that :-)

5. I'll look on these bugs and fix them, thanks for the report.

I haven't used the CDK a quite a while because I'm waiting for the ability to create tank missions with it. I don't want to ask when, because I expect that's not an easy question to answer.

So...

What can you tell use about the plans for the development of the CDK, i.e. future features?

Is anyone working on adding the ability to create tank missions to the CDK?

Many thanks.

There will be one release shortly after 1.47 with some minor bugfixes and compatibility fixes. Yes, we're working on tank missions in CDK, but I cannot tell You the exact date.

Can we possibly get a grid feature for the mission editor so we know how far apart certain units are? This is especially painful when making all ocean maps

Measuring distances is a known problem, we're working on that. This feature will be added in one of the future releass of the CDK.

• Upvote 6

• Developer

Is it possible to make skin for a bomb and drop weapon with CDK?

No, it's not. You cannot change the textures of the existing bombs and drop weapons. But if you're creating a new one, you're absolutely free to draw whatever you want.

How can we put some 3D models in the game or convert them from 3D software programs? That way we can make flight models for the models players work on such as the TA-154

We'll release the tutorial about exporting 3d assets to the game ASAP.

1.How to fix the game crash problem when the user made planes taking major damage?
i did try a lots of ways,but none of them work.here's my try attachicon.gifpkg_user.rar
also the sample_i_185 has the same issue which included in the CDK
we need a fully working sample
2.Could we have more detail tutorial for how to import a 3d model?i mean more detail about the aircraft blk file,script,or more,so far we only have the document about 3d model tech requirement.

Thanks in advance

1. Thanks for the report, we'll try to fix this bug in next releases of CDK.

2. As I've said - we'll release the tutorial on exporting 3d assets in game ASAP.

When can we expect the "extract" button to work?

Could you possibly tell me what button you are talking about? :-) Our CDK and game is huge and I cannot remember buttons with these name.

• Upvote 3

Sorry to bother you about this, but you seem to have skipped this one:

No rush, just awnser when you can. :yes:

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• Developer

Will it be possible to create ships in CDK?

You can create ships wright now, but you'll not be able to control them in game at the moment. Full ships export will be available when they'll be added to our game.

• Upvote 3

• Developer

Thanks in advance! :yes:

Didn't now it was removed, I'll look it up and fix it if that's a bug.

There are many players that have computer based skill sets ,will we be allowed to create for example GF map ,and send it to you so you can test it and maybe implement in game if it is any good?

Yep, we're always ready to add some good content to the game.

• Upvote 5

Right now it is very difficult to use the CDK. For example, one of the first things I want to do with it is load up different maps, add in some specific ground units, and export it to the game as a custom map. Or, I want to build a brand new map by loading a blank map, importing a height map, and painting on a ground texture. It's very unclear how to do this in the current CDK. Are there plans to improve the wording, or the user interface of the CDK so that it is easier to use? How high is this priority, compared to other game updates?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

When you do the tutorial on exporting 3D models to the game, will you do it for both 3ds Max and Blender? There was an exporter released for Blender but as far as I'm aware not any documentation to go with it (e.g. what things we need to do differently in Blender compared to 3ds Max) - The latter is important as a lot of artists will be using it thanks to the free commercial license and general accessibility.

medal medal medal medal

TNX for answer ,but when?? When will players be able to create costume maps and send you their work ?? PS:(you might orginaze cotest for best player created map ,and add it in the game after that ???.)

Coz right now we are realy low on maps ant that is something community work could solve.

medal

You can not drive tanks in the CDK anymore. :(s  Please fix this.

crashing as well

1424796587-shot-2015-02-24-17-49-17.jpg

• Upvote 5

• Developer

Right now it is very difficult to use the CDK. For example, one of the first things I want to do with it is load up different maps, add in some specific ground units, and export it to the game as a custom map. Or, I want to build a brand new map by loading a blank map, importing a height map, and painting on a ground texture. It's very unclear how to do this in the current CDK. Are there plans to improve the wording, or the user interface of the CDK so that it is easier to use? How high is this priority, compared to other game updates?

you're wright, at the moment usability of our CDK is very low. We're working on some improvements on that side, but the priority is not very high, sorry. May be some tutorials and examples will help? Tell me what bothers you most, I'll think what I can do.

When you do the tutorial on exporting 3D models to the game, will you do it for both 3ds Max and Blender? There was an exporter released for Blender but as far as I'm aware not any documentation to go with it (e.g. what things we need to do differently in Blender compared to 3ds Max) - The latter is important as a lot of artists will be using it thanks to the free commercial license and general accessibility.

We'll do the blender tutorial after 3ds Max one. I can't tell the date, but we'll do it.

• Upvote 5