So we have two OS2U's, a -1 and -3.

The game stats are almost identical, with just a slight difference in Max Alt.

Any different not written in stats?

So, why? (and why not stack like some others?)

The Wiki also notes that the -1 was early, while -3 was the combat version (but not clear if early also had)

Considering its a Rank 0 bomber, its good to have 2 of them, just use up 2 slots, least they have a virtue  :)s

Ingame description says they had different engines with the same HP though, and the 3d model of the OS2U-3 shows a winch on the right side of the cockpit (for rescueing operations) which the -1 doesnt have

there is not really a point in having 2 of them, but I still like it due to the variety that the devs want to bring to the game

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Ingame description says they had different engines with the same HP though, and the 3d model of the OS2U-3 shows a winch on the right side of the cockpit (for rescueing operations) which the -1 doesnt have

there is not really a point in having 2 of them, but I still like it due to the variety that the devs want to bring to the game

Yes, completely agree the variety in this game is spectacular!

I see having 2 usefull because those bombs in Arcade will be great, since the single 7.62mm will not do much (but the turret gun has some value.)

I found this plane to be completely useless and inferior in-game. It's only use is to fill up the empty hangar slots.

• Upvote 3

The really neat thing the developers did NOT give either of these planes was the ability to land on a runway.

So you can't get a capture, or you can't repair your plane.

Installing landing gear would me nice,

or if it is not historically corect

put in a pond of the proper length and width next to the runways.

Now that would be fun watching the n00bs trying to land in the water :Ds

Puts the flames out.

I hope they fix this soon.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for info

I landed a healthy plane, it just sat on runway till I pressed the 'J' key.

Then selected it again and it respawned in the air.

the game doesn't always detect you as landing. sometimes it is considered a crash. but it is possible to land them on runways and repair. I've done it multitple times.

i used the OSUS for 4-5 matches until i leveled up enough to replace them. because our troops had ti right. They are old, slow, and ugly.

• Upvote 1

I think their cute, and fun to fly every now and then, but i must admit that its payload, armament, and flight characteristics don't give it much use for anything besides the occasional pleasure flight. Or your a new player who can use literally nothing else to take out tanks.

• Upvote 1
medal

These planes where used for reconnaissance and observers in battle during Ww2, often finding the enemy fleet then correcting fire onto target. I think that it would be awesome if they had some of that functionality in game. PBYs, OS2Us, and other floatplanes could give an accuracy boost to their friendly ships. Obviously this would work better once player ships are out. Edited by ImBeauski
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

OS2U needs some love. Considering it was a spotter, more than it was a bomber, clearly it needs to get some 'spotting bonuses', for you and your team. :D

• Upvote 1

I'm a new player so pardon me if the answer to this question is self-evident but it appears you have to use the OS2U in order to get to the SBD? Is this correct? If so, what are some tips for using it? Based on the historical use of the plane and the way battles work in WT, it seems like a tough plane to be successful with. Thanks in advance.

Nope, just unlock the first one, buy it, then never touch it again as it is hell on a hydroplane to fly. You can start research on a plane as soon as you own the previous plane in that line, but you don't have to even fly it. My advice is to skip right over it. Just unlock the SBD with the F2A and P-36, if you have them.

• Upvote 1

Did the OS2U-1 even have guns or bombs? From what I've found these were added on the -3 version, and the -1 version was just a reconnaissance aircraft.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Exactly I don't know the difference between model -1 and -3, but I think that had been better add the SB2U Vindicator as Tier 1 bomber. We would have more possibilities to survive at least five minutes.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

The OS2U-1 is so bad! But I love it none the less.

I just finished acing the O1 and now I have to do the O3.

Seriously.. I'm about to jump off a building.

This thing suuuuuuuucks !

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I just finished acing the O1 and now I have to do the O3.

Seriously.. I'm about to jump off a building.
This thing suuuuuuuucks !

IKR! None the less I got a talisman for each of the OS2Us! It is seriously better as a boat than as a plane!

What an utter waste of time and effort this thing is!

It's so slow it takes an age to get to a target on the ground, and you better hope no enemies fire at you or you're toast in one or two shots.

I just had a fury take my wing off with it's first hit, yes a fury, with 7mm machine gun bullet, took a wing right off with ONE hit, as if.

medal medal medal

What an utter waste of time and effort this thing is!
It's so slow it takes an age to get to a target on the ground, and you better hope no enemies fire at you or you're toast in one or two shots.
I just had a fury take my wing off with it's first hit, yes a fury, with 7mm machine gun bullet, took a wing right off with ONE hit, as if.

But it floats. And trust me, the plane is great in the right hands. I've gotten an ace in one before in RB!

It is so sad they took it out of the main game, all floatplanes in game should be available to the common man!
  • Upvote 1