178 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see it in-game?

• Yes
    • Yes, but there are more important British bombers which should be added first
    • No (explain why)
  2. 2. If it were added, should it be premium or regular?

• Premium
    • Regular

Nice premium... But for future...

We need other bombers - halifax, stirling, fairey battle...

Mosquito with cookie!

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Should be added at the same time as B-29 and Tu-4

The Washington will probably make it in at that time.  This thing is certainly better than the Lancaster, but it's nowhere near the B-29 or Tu-4.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

not to mention the b29 and tu-4 are not needed in anyway shape or form

Lower tier jets need bombers to kill, and bombers to complete objectives, and the current jet bombers are too high tier, and have too little payload to do the job.

Edited by Coldt
  • Upvote 1

Lower tier jets need bombers to kill, and bombers to complete objectives, and the current jet bombers are too high tier, and have too little payload to do the job.

b29 or a jet bomber, hmmmm tough choice when being hunted by migs or sabres xD

medal medal medal medal medal

b29 or a jet bomber, hmmmm tough choice when being hunted by migs or sabres xD

*mig-9, Me-262A-1, Kitsuka, P/F-80, Meteor

That's the 6.7/7.0 range.  This plane fits in more at 5.7 or 6.0.

Edited by Coldt

*mig-9, Me-262A-1, Kitsuka, P/F-80, Meteor

depending on what br they would get, nothing lower then 6.0 and that already means facing sabres if we are not talking rb and sb

depending on what br they would get, nothing lower then 6.0 and that already means facing sabres if we are not talking rb and sb

The saber A-5 has no reason to be at 7.0 and we all know it, so treat is like an odd outlier that you can just throw out of your sample.  A-5 would sit nicely at 7.7 so I treat it as such, but that's another debate.  So, at 6.7 or 7.0 the B-29's would fight the first sabers, rarely, which they should because they served that long in service.

But, to keep this on topic, the Windsor would have no chance up there.  It's just too slow, and it doesn't have enough gun coverage to make up for it.  It even carries a lighter bomb load, so there's a lighter damage potential on top of it.  It's better than the Lancaster by plenty, but that shouldn't be anywhere near 6.0.  The later Yer-2's are better defensively, and don't really carry a lot less ordnance, and they're even faster in some cases, and they're at 4.7, 4 point fucking 7.  OKAY! Here's my schpeel, 1st Lancaster, 4.7, 2nd with .50's 5.0, Lincoln 5.3/5.5, Windsor 5.7/6.0.  THERE! That makes sense to you non insane people, hopefully.

The saber A-5 has no reason to be at 7.0 and we all know it, so treat is like an odd outlier that you can just throw out of your sample.  A-5 would sit nicely at 7.7 so I treat it as such, but that's another debate.  So, at 6.7 or 7.0 the B-29's would fight the first sabers, rarely, which they should because they served that long in service.

But, to keep this on topic, the Windsor would have no chance up there.  It's just too slow, and it doesn't have enough gun coverage to make up for it.  It even carries a lighter bomb load, so there's a lighter damage potential on top of it.  It's better than the Lancaster by plenty, but that shouldn't be anywhere near 6.0.  The later Yer-2's are better defensively, and don't really carry a lot less ordnance, and they're even faster in some cases, and they're at 4.7, 4 point xxxx 7.  OKAY! Here's my schpeel, 1st Lancaster, 4.7, 2nd with .50's 5.0, Lincoln 5.3/5.5, Windsor 5.7/6.0.  THERE! That makes sense to you non insane people, hopefully.

tbh all the top tier bombers are kinda overtiered atm, the do 217's i'm split about cus you got 4 with the same bombload, not that big difference in performance but 1 br apart from eachother.

and ye i agree the Windsor would be 5.7, not higher tough, in my meaning no prop bomber should be over br 5.7, tu2's at 6.0 is a good example, with that bombload it have nothing to do at br 6.0 facing superprops that cn easily Catch it

But, to keep this on topic, the Windsor would have no chance up there.  It's just too slow, and it doesn't have enough gun coverage to make up for it.  It even carries a lighter bomb load, so there's a lighter damage potential on top of it.  It's better than the Lancaster by plenty, but that shouldn't be anywhere near 6.0.  The later Yer-2's are better defensively, and don't really carry a lot less ordnance, and they're even faster in some cases, and they're at 4.7, 4 point xxxx 7.  OKAY! Here's my schpeel, 1st Lancaster, 4.7, 2nd with .50's 5.0, Lincoln 5.3/5.5, Windsor 5.7/6.0.  THERE! That makes sense to you non insane people, hopefully.

Makes sense. But, there might be 2 Lincolns, one with 6x 12.7 and one with  4x 12.7 + 2x 20mm, so probably earlier with 5.3 ans later with 5.7

The Windsor's BR will also depend quite a lot on it's firing arcs.

Edited by Gerako98

B45  :learn:  (much smaller than B47)

medal medal medal medal

I would prefer it not be added as it had no impact on the war. If it were to be added it should only happen several years from now when all of the aircraft that did actually contribute have been added to the game.

not like we alreadu have a ton of aircraft with very little impact to the war ;) think it's  already to late to start thinking like that now

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

1) Never heard of it

2) Its ugly as heck

3) Gib.

I want this nao.

• Upvote 4
medal medal

It looks like a mix between the Welly and the Focke Condor.

Gib!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Yes, the plane should get in the game eventually.

But not as a regular!  What is the matter with you people?!?!

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...
Yes please +1, this and the Lincoln would be the best possible British counters to the B-29.
While their payloads are lower, they make up for it with hispanos, which are fast-firing, high-velocity, and vaporize anything they come in contact with.
This will basically be a 4 engine IL-28.

I support this as a premium, with Lincoln in the main tech tree .3 BR below it. If the Washington is added as a premium then this might be possible in the main tech tree. Edited by Radium_Bullet
  • Upvote 1