Nabutso

Mitsubishi J2M3

Is optimal climb speed TAS or IAS?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Is this plane's FM broken? The elevator does not seem to respond at lower speeds; 250-350 kph range.

Edited by PlatinumPilot
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Yes it is. Apparently a new one is being worked on. Hopefully we'll get it with 1.49.

Wow lol 1.49 is a long time away :(

I also found that using WEP reduces HP about 5-30% at certain alts....I can't find the range yet. Edit: Seems to be around 2km and 6km+

Edited by PlatinumPilot
medal medal

J2M3 Weight

the source [Famous Airplanes of the world No.61] p18 , 1996 Bunrindo 

• empty 2,574 kg
  • take-off gross weight 3,435 kg
  • overload 3,946 kg

please check it out.

TIAC 105B-2 on J2M3 "Jack 21" lists its Take-off Gross weight for "Normal Fighter" (clean weight) as 7320lbs/3327kg and Overload weight as 8130lbs/3695kg

so I'm worried the J2M3 is heavier then it should be. 

71wvXBo.jpg

f8UMQgx.jpg

Edited by Ottobon
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

TIAC 105B-2 on J2M3 "Jack 21" lists its Take-off Gross weight for "Normal Fighter" (clean weight) as 7320lbs/3327kg and Overload weight as 8130lbs/3695kg

so I'm worried the J2M3 is heavier then it should be. 

71wvXBo.jpg

f8UMQgx.jpg

offtopic but the J2m5 also seems to be underperforming QUITE A LOT. Just because of additional supercharger gear it magically climbs worse than 100% taic climbrate of J2m3. Almost as bad as Ki84 missing any power whatsoever above 5km and the old D12/D13 FMs. 

medal medal medal medal

offtopic but the J2m5 also seems to be underperforming QUITE A LOT. Just because of additional supercharger gear it magically climbs worse than 100% taic climbrate of J2m3. Almost as bad as Ki84 missing any power whatsoever above 5km and the old D12/D13 FMs.

It's heavier than the J2M3.
medal medal medal medal

The J2m5 is lighter than the J2m3. Do you even READ THE DATASHEET AND DATA before posting? please, next time do so instead of posting cookie cutter responses.

How about you Google both the J2M3 and j2m5 before making a response.
medal medal medal medal

How about you Google both the J2M3 and j2m5 before making a response.

how about you READ the Datasheet gaijin has given? I don't care what google says, for the specific configuration in War Thunder, the J2m5 weighs less. 

medal medal medal medal

how about you READ the Datasheet gaijin has given? I don't care what google says, for the specific configuration in War Thunder, the J2m5 weighs less.

The data sheet could be incorrect for all we know. What is important is if the plane can reach the specs it did irl.
medal medal medal medal

Please do tell your secret source for actual J2m5 empty weight and loaded weight? 
For reference, J2m3= Jack 21. 71wvXBo.jpgf8UMQgx.jpg

[attachment=185727:image.jpg]
Please look at this. 7min 10 to 6km.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

hmm empty weight seems to be higher than J2m3, but loaded weight is lower. 
Anyway, that's ROC only at 100% power. Japanese didn't do climb test with WEP power.

The link you posted, the climb times were on military.

hmm empty weight seems to be higher than J2m3, but loaded weight is lower.

Anyway, that's ROC only at 100% power. Japanese didn't do climb test with WEP power.

if it's out climbed on military why wouldn't it be out climbed on wep?
medal medal medal medal

just do some math, friends.

i've shown you all

Is the 5:06 to 5.3km a typo? Its weird how it went from 3km to 5.3km rather than most being from 3k to 6k.

if it's out climbed on military why wouldn't it be out climbed on wep?

Around 1 minute 30 seconds difference under military power. So at least it should climb in that much difference with WEP, assuming both the Kaseis run the same HP at WEP (1940hp)

There are certain examples of planes where a engine with different supercharger produces a higher rate of climb at military power but worse at WEP, like 109K4 with DB605db getting 16.5m/s at combat, 22m/s under WEP but the K4 with DB605dc getting 15.5m/s under combat and 24.5m/s under WEP. But those engines run different ATA at WEP (1.8 vs 1.98), same at military tho (1.45). 

Anyways, the J2m5 in the game doesn't climb even remotely within 1 minute 30 seconds of the J2m3. They should be comparable to say D12 and D9 in terms of climbrate difference, not F8 and D9. 

medal medal medal medal