How to fly in Sim with Mouse

So, I couldn't stand it and am using my Joystick again.
Logitech 3DS (its like 27.99 on amazon) which has a hat on it, which operates by thumb at the top of the stick.
I have it set for view controls, to which I look quickly the way I flip, and then I hit my ` button to reset the view, and do this repedely, and then hold alt and use the same buttons and it does the extended head movements like up and down and side to side (for looking behind your tail).
Its fun! But its labor intensive.

Weird you got such a strong opinion reply there. lol He apparently hasn't seen your videos where you absolutely wreck people despite not going in the verticle.

medal medal medal

We're on the INTERNET ColubrineDeuce, u can get life long friends, and enemies, even without have noticed it before "they blows u up in flames" (free transcript from Jim Morrison, The Doors, Woodstock USA, 1971).

Edit: typo, my damn keyboard is bad, really bad. I've ordered a new one....

Edited by Senilix
medal medal

You talk a lot. What is your solution? Instead of riding the hell out of a man trying to help the community, offer some helpful advice or....GTFO

The very simple solution I assumed the majority of forum thunderers knows about: Switch MJS mode from "Simplified" to "Standard".

For all my other points of complaint I did offer a solution in my post on page 2.

medal medal

How do I install the config?

just put it in your War Thunder folder, open the game, go to controls -> and press the little folder icon in the bottom right, it will open the War Thunder file and you can select my config. Then just make sure you set it to Full-Real controls and not Mouse Aim.

Hope that helps :)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The config is changing all of my other modes like mouse aim as well as full controls to the set bindings. Is there any way for me to only change the bindings of the full controls with the config?

Did you already save your base settings?
If you did, you can just re-load the file when you want to go back.
If you didn't you have to reset the settings to default and build from there.

That is something if not mentioned, should be, Orange, that you should save your config before you load the new one or there is no going back.

medal medal medal

That is something if not mentioned, should be, Orange, that you should save your config before you load the new one or there is no going back.

I have totally forgotten about this problem.. I'll include it in the topic, thank you for reminding me.

I have totally forgotten about this problem.. I'll include it in the topic, thank you for reminding me.

But you won't change the spin tips? Lovely. Be happy. Many a new pilot will take ages to recover from any spin thanks to you!

medal medal

But you won't change the spin tips? Lovely. Be happy. Many a new pilot will take ages to recover from any spin thanks to you!

You don't give up that easily do you. I've changed the order as you suggested. Happy? :)

You don't give up that easily do you. I've changed the order as you suggested. Happy? :)

Certainly much better, considering that "step 1" is something you don't do and will not lead to any delay for the important steps. However, ailerons really aren't all that important in spins.

medal medal

I gave up on the joystick practce in RB.
Too much energy is devoted to just flying the plane.
I am just not good enough to be able to do it.

I tried mouse aim for a few games though, and when the tight evasive maneuvers need to happen, things went south real quick, literally. I crashed both times.

Maybe sim at some point, but for now...

medal medal medal

I gave up on the joystick practce in RB.
Too much energy is devoted to just flying the plane.
I am just not good enough to be able to do it.

I tried mouse aim for a few games though, and when the tight evasive maneuvers need to happen, things went south real quick, literally. I crashed both times.

Maybe sim at some point, but for now...

Mouse setup is far from complete. Tight maneuvers are close to impossible to perform and even tho you know what you need to do, a spin is usually imminent. I'll probably try to upgrade the setup sometime in the near future, as it was created only with the intention to show people you can indeed "fly" in Sim. Even though it's not very effective.

• Upvote 1

So maybe your setup is just... wrong?

It's not wrong. It's simple. It's not meant to do funky maneuvers, it's just meant to show you can fly with mouse in sim. You can always customize it, and play with controls.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a good idea!
A lot of people want to take a stab in sim, this is a great way to help them get a quick start!
Before I bought a joystick over a year ago I thought it was impossible to do it with mouse!
Had I only found this sooner...

But even though I bought a joystick, I couldn't do sim, it took me a long time just getting used to using the joystick.

I am kind of depressed with how bad I am at this game atm, I should be a lot farther. Mouse or joystick.

Kudos nonetheless!

medal medal medal

It is a good idea!
A lot of people want to take a stab in sim, this is a great way to help them get a quick start!
Before I bought a joystick over a year ago I thought it was impossible to do it with mouse!
Had I only found this sooner...

But even though I bought a joystick, I couldn't do sim, it took me a long time just getting used to using the joystick.

I am kind of depressed with how bad I am at this game atm, I should be a lot farther. Mouse or joystick.

Kudos nonetheless!

Practice makes perfect, I only tried flying with joystick at my friend a few weeks back. Barely managed to get off the ground xD

Took me a while to use mouse and keyboard. No issues now, only thing is I don't have da skillz. I only want to survive a match, maybe get a few hits, kill a straggler. I rarely win one on ones.

Edited by PakistanHound
medal

Took me a while to use mouse and keyboard. No issues now, only thing is I don't have da skillz. I only want to survive a match, maybe get a few hits, kill a straggler. I rarely win one on ones.

Practice makes perfect. Which plane are you using btw?

Practice makes perfect. Which plane are you using btw?

Everything, fw190s mostly though or rather energy/bnz fighters.

Also I watch your videos. Wish you would put more sim vids though.

Edited by PakistanHound
medal

Everything, fw190s mostly though or rather energy/bnz fighters.

Also I watch your videos. Wish you would put more sim vids though.

I find Fw's to be the hardest to fly with that high tendency of spins. I love the Bf 109's though.

I'd love to make more, but not so many people come to my channel looking for Sim content.