How to fly in Sim with Mouse

Menu -> Controls -> on the bottom there are 3 Icons, press the right most one -> select the blk. file

Yeah, it must be different for mac. I've checked all of the settings and I've not found one button that allows me to do that. I attached a screenshot of the place you told me to go.

Landing:

-Lower your throttle 

-Lower gear and flaps

-Touch the runway at ~200km/h ( Biplanes ~ 150km/h, Jets ~ 300km/h )

-Use brakes

-If necessary fire your guns to assist the braking

Flatspin:

-Do NOT touch your ailerons

-throttle to 0%

-Apply rudder to the opposite direction of the spin

-full negative Elevator

-wait

-the plane will start do dive

-now it's time to use your ailerons and slowly pull out of the dive

First of all: change the order of the flat spin tips. Most importand things are to ease up on the elevator (pushing on the elevator usually not required, but you can keep that in there cause I dont think it ever hurts), and opposite rudder.

Tought a guy who used your config a while ago and he cut throttle before using rudder, leading to very long recoveries.

For landing it might be a good thing to add that the nose should be pointed slightly above the horizon during touchdown.

Also, gunfire... dont like it. Unless you are in a 262 or something with similar firepower it wont do much anyway, and it does seem a little arcade. Especially stupid if you are using tracers, which I do see from time to time, and invites any enemy within vision range for a strafing run

EDIT: It might also be a good idea to give tips on how to practice spin recovery.

-Go to testflight, and climb to about 2-3km

-Try to do the tightest turn you can

-If you feel you are losing control, immediately (!) ease up on the elevator, and give opposite rudder

-That will help you with the most common way to enter a spin - accidentally pulling too tight when evading, or following someone

-Next climb to about 3-4km

-Pull all the way, and use full rudder (with prop torque)

-Keep pulling and using rudder until the spin kinda stabilizes (= nose doesnt wobble up and down anymore)

-Now try to recover.

-That will teach you how to recover even fully grown spins, and help with recovering a damaged plane from a spin

EDIT2: I just loaded your config and the MJS mode is "***** up"... so it either is a completely useless config, or it is a bug...

EDIT3: Toggle flaps also isnt a good idea. You often need take-off or even landing flaps mid-flight, and having to drop your gear for landing flaps... I'd recomend f and v for lower/raise flaps.

Hold throttle for WEP can lead to problems too, imo. I dont see a reason to use it.

Edited by FourGreenFields
medal medal

First of all: change the order of the flat spin tips. Most importand things are to ease up on the elevator (pushing on the elevator usually not required, but you can keep that in there cause I dont think it ever hurts), and opposite rudder.

Tought a guy who used your config a while ago and he cut throttle before using rudder, leading to very long recoveries.

For landing it might be a good thing to add that the nose should be pointed slightly above the horizon during touchdown.

Also, gunfire... dont like it. Unless you are in a 262 or something with similar firepower it wont do much anyway, and it does seem a little arcade. Especially stupid if you are using tracers, which I do see from time to time, and invites any enemy within vision range for a strafing run

EDIT: It might also be a good idea to give tips on how to practice spin recovery.

-Go to testflight, and climb to about 2-3km

-Try to do the tightest turn you can

-If you feel you are losing control, immediately (!) ease up on the elevator, and give opposite rudder

-That will help you with the most common way to enter a spin - accidentally pulling too tight when evading, or following someone

-Next climb to about 3-4km

-Pull all the way, and use full rudder (with prop torque)

-Keep pulling and using rudder until the spin kinda stabilizes (= nose doesnt wobble up and down anymore)

-Now try to recover.

-That will teach you how to recover even fully grown spins, and help with recovering a damaged plane from a spin

EDIT2: I just loaded your config and the MJS mode is "***** up"... so it either is a completely useless config, or it is a bug...

EDIT3: Toggle flaps also isnt a good idea. You often need take-off or even landing flaps mid-flight, and having to drop your gear for landing flaps... I'd recomend f and v for lower/raise flaps.

Hold throttle for WEP can lead to problems too, imo. I dont see a reason to use it.

I flat spinned in my MiG-15bis once and that was a fun way to spend going from 6km to 4km, getting a Jet out of a spin is a different box of cookies I tell you, fun though!

medal medal

sim isn't that bad with mouse, the fact that the game doesn't let you do full acrobatics is the only downfall

Change MJS mode from "simplified TOVARISH!" (aka fucked up) to standart.

Well, either that or you arent used to the lack of instructor. Be gentle on the controls.

medal medal

• 3 weeks later...

It worked great for me!

Thanks for all your hard work!

The config file is wonderful! I changed a few things around to suit my usual.

I took off and landed with the Ki 61 ko and the first Hurricane.

I will try out the solo missions in RB mode before I go trying an event.

medal medal medal

It worked great for me!

Thanks for all your hard work!

The config file is wonderful! I changed a few things around to suit my usual.

I took off and landed with the Ki 61 ko and the first Hurricane.

I will try out the solo missions in RB mode before I go trying an event.

Glad to hear that :)

It takes a while to get used to, especially with the aiming and shooting, but with a little bit of practice you'll wreck :D

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

What I have been trying is cockpit view in RB, and it is tough tough to get used to, but its fun.
I only go out of cockpit at the peak of battle, if I need to.
Not sure if that might be a good tip to pass on, but it is helping me get used to before diving in...

medal medal medal

LMAO.. Flaps should be lowered before starting take off run.
Not mid way thru it. 

actually in most planes you dont use flaps for normal take offs

medal medal

Glad to hear that :)

It takes a while to get used to, especially with the aiming and shooting, but with a little bit of practice you'll wreck :D

So you are going to ignore that your settings are useless?

Seriously, why would you use simplified controls if you knew about the non-fucked up MJS mode?

medal medal

So you are going to ignore that your settings are useless?

Seriously, why would you use simplified controls if you knew about the non-***** up MJS mode?

What are you on about? How can you say it's useless when I've had dozen of people tell me it works fine for them? If it doesn't work for you then don't use it. Simple as that.

What are you on about? How can you say it's useless when I've had dozen of people tell me it works fine for them?

Simple. They don't know any better.

Simplified MJS mode -> useless setup. That's not personal opinion, as it is totally useless in even the simplest dogfight.

medal medal

Simple. They don't know any better.

Simplified MJS mode -> useless setup. That's not personal opinion, as it is totally useless in even the simplest dogfight.

If that isn't a personal opinion I don't know what it is...

If that isn't a personal opinion I don't know what it is...

If that is personal opinion, I know what else is: "bombers are totally UP in SB and need a buff!"

It is useless. Show me a vid of you doing a smooth looping, barrel roll, etc. with ***** up MJS mode. Oh, wait... you can't? I'm not surprised.

Also, what about the changes to the spin tips I told you about?

Edited by FourGreenFields
medal medal

How to fly with mouse in sb.
1. fuck off
2. Get a stick
  • Upvote 3

If that is personal opinion, I know what else is: "bombers are totally UP in SB and need a buff!"

It is useless. Show me a vid of you doing a smooth looping, barrel roll, etc. with ***** up MJS mode. Oh, wait... you can't? I'm not surprised.

Also, what about the changes to the spin tips I told you about?

Geez. It's not the best setup in the world and it isn't intended on being one... It's meant for those who perhaps want to give SIM battles a try, before buying equipment for it... 

• Upvote 1

Geez. It's not the best setup in the world and it isn't intended on being one... It's meant for those who perhaps want to give SIM battles a try, before buying equipment for it... 

Thing is, getting used to it is a waste of time. Better start with something which allows for aerobatics, just to get used to it.

(And I still think the spin tips are in the wrong order)

medal medal

Thing is, getting used to it is a waste of time. Better start with something which allows for aerobatics, just to get used to it.

(And I still think the spin tips are in the wrong order)

You talk a lot. What is your solution? Instead of riding the hell out of a man trying to help the community, offer some helpful advice or....GTFO
  • Upvote 1