Lavochkin-Gorbunov-Gudkov LaGG-3 series 8

• 2 months later...

Testings revealed it's much faster in-game.

Test map, full fuel, what are the speeds? (RB/SB mode)

medal medal medal medal

Testings revealed it's much faster in-game.

Doesn't seem like the FM based on this data sheet is ingame yet.

Test map, full fuel, what are the speeds? (RB/SB mode)

I'm accelerating still and am at 495 km/h.

Edited by Nabutso
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

True, the one in game has a closer speed perfomance to some of the data about the LaGG-3-35 (actually a fully stock LaGG-3-8 is faster at SL than the info posted here, Edit* the stock LaGG-3 series 8 has a top speed at SL of 484 kph, ofc it's not a refernce model, which is faster still) I have found on the internet, altough I'm afraid finding reliable info on the LaGG-3 performance is hard, maybe because of the varying aircraft performance due to problems in manufacturing:

In the IL-2 BoS forum they posted a manual about the evaluation made by the FIAF of a LaGG-3 Series 35 with slats and late config. armament (as the one we got in-game), some of this data included the top speed at Sea Level (claimed to be 447 km/h) and the 4700 meters attitude Top Speed (claimed to be 532 km/h), yet in a *Warbirds forum thread the claimed performance of a "Late 1942 LaGG-3 (series not specifed but it had the PF engine for sure, also it's not specified if it has slats or not)" included a Sea Level top speed of 315 mph (about 507 km/h) and a Top Speed (at about 4,000 meters) of 352 mph (about 567 km/h),  there's also a difference in SL climbrate of almost 5 m/s and a turn time difference of almost 5 seconds between both tests... that's a pretty big deal...

PD: I was quoting myself from a comment I made in another thread.

Also if some mod doesn't want me to use the IL-2 BoS forum as the source I will quote it just as a "Test made by the FIAF"

Edited by babehunter1250

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Russian pilots called LaGGs

Lacquered Guaranteed [coffin] (cant really translate to english, but in russian coffin =гроб, where [г] = G )

лакованный гарантированный гроб

im not a russian and i cant speak russian, my friend translated this for me
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...