OrsonES

War Thunder Top Skins Of The Month Competition Discussion

Yep ty for choosing my skin. :salute:

Just to say guys from now we will add skins previev vids again ;)

1 or 2 days delay but it will be there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKuru2seIOU

• Upvote 2

The Princess Elizabeth skin it's the same for the Mustank Mk. I.

Great skins overall, especially the B57, well done.

You dont need to post it again. The 3 winners of the month are choosen out of the 10 weekly winners.
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, what's been with all the crash landing winners? All I see now are a bunch of crashed airplanes with photoshop and they win.

medal

I think they should be the same because just as much work goes into skins.

Anyway congrats to the winners, damn i really thought i had a chance but the competition was tough. I'll have to do better next time.
medal medal

Just to say guys from now we will add skins previev vids again ;)

1 or 2 days delay but it will be there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKuru2seIOU

What happened with him? No monthly winners of may?
I really liked his videos. Edited by CmdNomad
  • Upvote 1

What happened with him? No monthly winners of may?
I really liked his videos.

I was just about to post something like this, also no video for the winners of June Week 1.
I was hoping to see more of his videos as they are quite enjoyable and are a great way to showcase the winner's skins

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Congratulations to the winners.

To be honest. It is time for a competition break for me. I will not stop drawing but I need a break from that competition. The aircrafts are hard work fur sure and I personally know how much work it is.

But working hard and reliable isn´t all in here I think. It took hours and hours to get that Zimmerit finally working on the Panzer IV J. I put it into contest and I have the feeling

that this work wasn´t even worth to look at. Well my question is: What are the juries criterias?

Are looking on the tanks/ aircrafts that are posted in here? Or is the main criteria a nice screenshot of the skin?

Don´t get me wrong. As I already stated out, I know that everybody is working hard on a skin. But I miss a bit the competition it was at the beginning. And last but not least:

The jury has a hard job too. They have to decide and to pick out. It is some hard deciscion to make sometimes for sure.

This is not personally against the skinners ( You are fine people that work hard ). Maybe we should discuss to have a switching jury from Month to month

in the future. This would help the whole contest idea in my opinion.

Greetings

Joker

Edited by JoKeR_BvB09
  • Upvote 11
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

As Joker said Congratulations to the winners.

The problem is that if one person gets Week I, Week II and the Monthly Win (even if there are decent skins from other authors), its like a slap in the face ...

I dont say my skins should win, but consider the other tank skins also.

Also need a break from the competition.

Thx for choosing my skins in the past but I dont understand the criterias how the skins are judged these day.

(PS.: This isnt against CMD_Nomad since I play / skin with him alot :P and also everything is only releated to tank skins =>

This is a statement for the Jury which seems to prefer a one man show in soviet green)

Greetings

Edited by Tiger_VI
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well, thanks for the hattrick.

I know there is a little bit of unrest currently in the tank skinning community.
And there are multiple reasons. Ive stated some of them some months ago in a private message to OrsonES with Joker and Tiger in the CC.
To make one thing clear before i continue: I hang out with both of them daily in Teamspeak, we talk about techniques, future projects and of course about the competition. So there are no hardships between us. I also think they
both do amazing skins.

Ok now to the things we like to criticise about the competition and things we like about it:
-In general we are happy that there actually is a competition, with the chance to win ingame cash.
-It was a good choice to raise it from weekly to biweekly, because now there are more skins to choose the winners from.

-We really hope its possible to explaint the critiria on which the winners are choosen, at the moment its absolute unclear.
I for myself for example had choosen Tigers KV1 from last week and his Panther from last Month and would have bet all my money on him win with these two at least in the weekly comeptiton if not the monthly.
-It would be great to know (and here i repeat myself from several months ago) who and how many members are in the jury, which are the critieria for a winner, in general more feedback.

And i fully understand my fellow comrades, about me having more or less a solo show. Im winning this thing since ~4 months straight, with at least one weekly and most of the time the monthly win. Of course i like winning and the free GE but i also want to prevent bad blood between the skinners.

Edited by CmdNomad
  • Upvote 4

I posted a fictional skin this last time since I saw I would be unable to compete with the amazing historical entries.

When they say that skins will be picked from the categories historical, historical ace, and fictional, I guess they don't mean one from each? What does it mean then? 

Thx for choosing my skins in the past but I dont understand the criterias how the skins are judged these day.

I wonder the same thing and it has nothing to do with mine not being selected. I see lots of amazing work passed over and it makes me wonder what the judges are looking for in a winning skin.

More than anything, I'd like to see a lot more of these winners have their hard work put in the game!

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal

More than anything, I'd like to see a lot more of these winners have their hard work put in the game!

I completed agree with this...

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yeah it would be awesome to have more than those 3-4 regular camo patterns.If skin is good enough for gajins standards they rewards the artist and put it in game.Community working together with gajin and they dont have to bother making those by them self.Everyone is happy!

medal medal medal medal

is it only one submission per week? or month?  meant to post this in the screenshot discussion topic

Edited by T3MPEST
medal medal