OrsonES

War Thunder Top Skins Of The Month Competition Discussion

"Each week a panel of official judges, chosen from the team, will vote on the top 5 skins submitted each week and the winners will receive 500 Golden eagles for being placed in the top 5. Every week 5 new winners will be drawn and at the end of the month, the judges will vote on the top 3 of the month from the 20 winners throughout the month and those winners will earn 1500 GE each!

Rules: You may submit a maximum of 2 skins per month. "

So 2/ month is the maximum admited.

Edited by WinGAflo
medal medal medal

These are very nice! On a related note, I'd love for the Canadian Red Ensign to become a decal for the Allied Forces. They would look great on the back of certain British tanks, particularly Shermans.

medal medal medal

Thank you very much guys for picking my "JR" skin. This is my first skin signed up on this competition and already won it. 1/1 :) Now I will start to make another one for February. Thx again and have fun!

Edited by _Stigman_
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

pW4Vd99h.jpg

Just a skin im working on. Every scale is coloured seperately and its taking forever. The most time consuming part is drawing the rivets and panel lines on. This is an old picture but my latest one has actual dragon wings with scales. Hope you like it. 

medal medal

now the question is: "should i put my new b17 in this week and compete against Strafemike's Mustang or should i simply wait next week?"  i think this will not be bad for me or for mike but for sure it will be bad for the judges that have to pick one between the two

medal medal

A great big thank you to the judges! Once again a Mustang of mine is rewarded and this makes me ever so proud!

But the single most important thing is the quality of the participants' skins.I am repeating myself and others too, but it never ceases to amaze me!

I go back and remember one comment, just when this competition was making its first steps, IDK if you @OrsonES remember it, this guy was saying that the competition will "go down the drain" eventually perish...I wonder what he has on his mind now, when so many people have put endless hours of research and work, made huge strides and found themselves doing top quality work!

I consider myself lucky in this respect,as serious plastic modelling since 1985, tons of books read and pro image editing helped me a lot in skinning.

This fact makes me have more and deeper respect for all my fellow skinners here!Those guys that didn't have the "jump start" I did, still they stun us with their works of art! People with who I developed and keep on doing so, a kind of fellowship! One that only common hard work and will to share ideas and new ways to make something, is able to make happen! People who are eager to grab their mouse and keyboard and do their best every time!

So I am obliged to pay my deepest respect and gratitude to all these wonderful guys out there, that share , give, help, create! Guys with bulged eyes and sore backs with love for what they do!

Keep up the spirit, gents! Cheers!

Edited by __StrafeMike__
  • Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal

Hi all.....Can someone tell where I can post my tank skin for the comp plz.... :dntknw:

in case you didn't see it already http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/212336-war-thunder-top-skins-of-the-month-competition-february/

Edited by __StrafeMike__

sorry but Im a bit confused.. these skins are going to be added to game available for GE? or where can I find "list" of those player created skins? I would like to buy some..

at the moment you can download them on live.warthunder but you'll be the only one able to see them ( other player will see you with the standard camo ). But at least it's for free.

medal medal

New to this....but where do you post your skins..?

Go to this link and search a bit, you'll get the hang of it!

Winners are paid  :salute:

Why thank you very much sir!  And thanks to the entire community for supporting us skinners!!  

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Great job on all of those skins

The "hauling xxx" on p47 I saw it last night whaching documentary movie on youtube "conquest of the Reich" here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTbMKVuijE8

This skins deserve to be in game especially "hauling xxx" and of course PaganiZonda s skin for bf109 k4 which is awsome, For my german fighters I always use his skins and Sidestrafe also is a great skin creator, love to use his skins aswell.

Respect to all those great creators of skins :salute:

p.s.

I forgot that this forum will cover that word for part of the body on which we are sitting :Ps

Edited by Black_death91
medal medal