Sign in to follow this  
Smart_Cheetah

Realistic vs Simulator mode - which do you prefer?

42 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Realistic Battle
    • Simulator Battle

I'm genuinely curious. So far I was playing AB exclusively, as it is the easiest to hop into and seems fair comparing to SB, because disabling grass and artillery scout drones don't give as much of an advantage. 

Lately I brought my freshly bought Tiger to RB and liked this mode very much. It's much less chaotic, more skill involved, more immersive. Seems to be a nice middle ground between AB and SB too. 

medal

If they fix RP economy and fix talisman bug plus improve lion gain, I'd say SB in heartbeat.

medal medal medal medal

I can't stand shoot-the-nametags mode, the only time you'll see me in it is if I'm looking to fly me some planes.

SB isn't quite perfect (coughminimapcough) but it's a hell of a lot better.

• Upvote 2

Cannot stand RB nametags, they destroy the gameplay completely and undermine absolutely everything about tank combat.  

• Upvote 2

Cannot stand RB nametags, they destroy the gameplay completely and undermine absolutely everything about tank combat.  

^^

medal medal medal medal medal

I flaking hate bombers in RB... thus I hate RB.

Edited by Fmanfsbr
medal medal

Although I love SB, its sometimes quite difficult to get in matches on certain hours so I play RB meanwhile.
Its a pity that the silver lions rewards are so low in those GF modes that I have to farm cash on AB tier3 american planes.

Kask. Edited by Kaskeria
medal medal medal medal medal

sb has several advantages..

no lawnmowing strategical bombers that drop 2tonnes of bombs from 50m on your head after you killed a random enemy ...

no aaa spam that can penetrate all tanks it faces because bugs and lazy development...

less handholding with giant red markers of doom ( though the minimap spotting is still bad for all sides and only helps bad players) ...

if the devs remove all the unhistorical nerfs , bugs and bad gamemechanics such as capzones and arena style maps or post war ammo on soviets as well as the spotting system and the unrealistic fog of war the game could bet quite decent and fun ... sadly instead of improving devs use their time to make more unballanced premium content and implement things that arent ready for the live server for another 6 months ...

Edited by Sagro

I like sim for the added tactical opportunities, but I havent been able to get myself to play in months, as queue times are too long and rewards are pathetic.

I also like the new RB mode and think that it's a massive improvement over the previous mode.

SB all the way. No big red "SHOOT HERE" signs above enemies (if I wanted that I'd still be playing WoT) and most important - no planes. Mixed battles would work in a persistent server like the old World War 2 Online but not in these 16 vs 16 queues.

They day they add planes to SB again is the day I stop playing.

medal

i can not stand the few ("comanders hatch" lol) in SB and the problems with foliage there (and the gun depression advantage of some nation...) while AB is just bad.

I would play without planes if i could, but it is a little better now with the new spawn rules.

I like AB for the waiting time and the fact that you don't end up fighting 5 Vs 5 after 5 minutes of wainting like in SB, but i do hate the fact that there is no spotting system + red markers, making it useless to try to flank ennemies by going behind trees and all.

I would play more SB if it wasn't for the "only 1 respawn with heavies" and the waiting time.

medal medal medal medal

Only issue in SB mode for me is minimap spotting/ artillery mode/ and double respawns for certain tanks (allot of Russian tanks get 2 spawns). 

Oh and the REALLY small maps found in SB.  They should allow people to bring planes in SB mode as it requires skill and they wouldn't be OP like they are in the other mode (due to all the crazy assists)., Just make it so you can't spawn as planes to begin with perhaps?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

AB or SB

RB is just pointless IMO

^This, but I only play SB every once in a blue moon since I'm waiting for Gaijin to actually make a proper SB mode.

Then again I've been playing a total of about ~8 battles this entire month so...

medal medal medal

SB only until 1.43.

RB after 1.43. I like second (third...fourth...) chance (and sometimes I like to fly a plane above enemy tanks :secret: ). 

medal medal medal

RB after 1.43. I like second (third...fourth...) chance (and sometimes I like to fly a plane above enemy tanks :secret: ). 

Yeah, there's some of that too. I also appreciate the fact that it adds a slight strategic layer: If there's a heavy tank at the start, try to take it down and that's a player that won't respawn. Prioritize guys with low score, etc...

medal medal medal medal

I like realistic because mostly because I don't like the view you are stuck with in SB. I like to see my tank. I agree that the markers need to be fixed, though I wouldn't turn them off completely. I would just like them to be turned off when you are in cover, so that cover and spotting actually makes a difference.

• Upvote 1
medal

Sign in to follow this