GhostBat

About Rockets!

Hi all,

İ m going to usa airforces. i have 2  planes with rockets but i cannot use them. i cannot hit enemies. how can i do that? anyone explain about rockets?

Make sure you you have the fire rockets key bound. Usually the 4 key. They are dumb-fire, meaning they will shoot what's in front of you. There is significant drop and they have a slow travel speed, so to hit planes you must get really close. Best way to make shits with rockets are during head-on fights or when you're close to them on their six o'clock. Good luck.

You can change how to fire your rockets by key binding them to the spacebar which is the default for bombs. Then its easier to shoot them.

medal medal medal

I usually only fire at a plane if I'm at 250m or less. Bombers are a fun target for rockets. lol

I very rarely use my rockets against airborne targets unless they are a B-17 or a Catalina. Rockets were designed as Air-to-Ground explosives, not Air-to-Air.

- Hans

• Upvote 4

I very rarely use my rockets against airborne targets unless they are a B-17 or a Catalina. Rockets were designed as Air-to-Ground explosives, not Air-to-Air.

- Hans

Don't know if they're genuinely designed for Air-to-Ground combat, but there definetly are AA rockets, like R4M(not in the game yet) or the 210mm BR.21.

I still can't find Rockets in this game. :facepalm:

Which nation?

medal medal medal medal

I still can't find Rockets in this game. :facepalm:

@Soviet planes: first to get it is the I-16

@US Planes: if you count Bazookas as Rockets (which they basically are), the first plane to get them is the A-20, followed by one (or both?) of the Airacobras. And then the F6F and P-47s can carry HVARs.

@Japanese Planes: no rockets as far as I know. Weren't in (operational) use, I guess.

@German planes: First plane is either the FW190 A5 or the Bf 109 G-2, not sure. Two BR21 rockets, I think.

@British Planes: Hurricane Mk. II gets 6 rockets.

medal medal medal

@Soviet planes: first to get it is the I-16

@US Planes: if you count Bazookas as Rockets (which they basically are), the first plane to get them is the A-20, followed by one (or both?) of the Airacobras. And then the F6F and P-47s can carry HVARs.

@Japanese Planes: no rockets as far as I know. Weren't in (operational) use, I guess.

@German planes: First plane is either the FW190 A5 or the Bf 109 G-2, not sure. Two BR21 rockets, I think.

@British Planes: Hurricane Mk. II gets 6 rockets.

NO WAY!!! Japanese planes without rockets?!!!! Why?!!!! lol

Soviet Planes: Nope, the first soviet plane with rockets is the I-15bis, followed by the I-153.

US Planes: True dat.

Japanese Planes: true dat

German Planes: First is the Fw190 A-5, then A-5/U-2 and A-8. The Bf109G-6 is the one and only Bf with rockets. All german rockets are 210mm BR.21

British Planes: True dat and Typhoon, Tempest and Beafighter/Mosquito and a Meteor(?) have rockets too.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

There's a tip that shows up that says rockets have significantly low accuracy and it's best to fire off a few at a time.  Keeping that in mind ... 

I have only used rockets in the following 3 situations -> 

1. Against ground targets. A bunch of anti air artillery or enemy vehicles slowly moving somewhere, you can use them.

2. Bombers. Ideally when you are on their six and at a slightly higher elevation. Keep in mind their tail gunners will keep firing at you and that would be bad, but a couple of rockets and that fixes it :)

3. HEAD ON! When some dude is coming in to ram you, fire off a few rockets ... IT"S HILARIOUS

I could not do any rocket kills in a head-on so far...

But they're highly effective vs bombers at very close distances. Especially when you do a high-speed dive on them, where you have not enough time to take it down with your guns and dont want to park behind him/lose energy.

Dive from above, aim ahead of him on the large center at close range(~300-200m) (doesnt matter where you land the rocket hit, trust me), fire your rockets, pass him and eventually you can watch his plane turn back into a construction kit.

Edited by Stahlvormund101
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

About bazookas.

Ignore them. They are highly ineffective against anything. Designed to attack ground units, they are very inaccurate and until changes will be implemented to splash damage models, bombs are better effective weapon. Installing them on P-39 is a big mistake. It thwarts its fighter characteristics dramatically. Adds some ghetto look though. You could destroy light pilboxes and tanks with 2-3 shots if aimed from right side with 37mm.

About rockets.

Some rockets (russian 82mm) could be activated on certain distance -say 0.5 km. So if you are in head-on with enemy fighter - release all of them at 0.7-0.8 km at enemy will pass through cloud of explosions. You don't need a direct hit. Same regarding aiming a bomber - achieve needed distance, level the plane and fire them up!

IMHO majority of rockets are not distance-activated, though you will see this option before battle.

I like my P-47 American ground attackers - they carry nice rockets, which do major damage against pillboxes, ships and tanks.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Just need more practise. My advice to you is don't fire the rockets when the enemy plane is turning and changing directions rapidly. The chances of hitting are slim. Only fire them when up close. As you may know, you need to lead alot with rockets since have a massive drop.

this is how you use rockets/bazookas against air targets

1st set your rocket activation distance to 300m (set distance from kilometers to miles first), fire off when u r about 0.30 miles from your target.

You dont have to worry about directly hitting the target or not because rockets exploding near an aircraft is more than enough to bring it down.

This is extreamly useful if you are going head on with enemy aircraft or flying a turn fighter such as the brits or the russians.

Note that this is how i use rockets for the russians but i suppose it can be applied for many other nations.

This may not apply for the rockets that the germans use as equiping those will add to your turn time meaning you should only use german rockets to kill ground targets or for going on head ons. They should also only be used to intercept unmanuerable bombers (make sure that you are about 0.30 miles away from it and that you aim carefully). 

Last but not least spend all your skill points on upgrading the reload speed for your aircraft it helps if you are inaccurate or waste all your rockets/ammo quickly. ;)s  :fighter: Dont forget to watch your back out there ;)

NO WAY!!! Japanese planes without rockets?!!!! Why?!!!! lol

The N1K2 has only x2 82mm rockets. The only Japanese plane in WT atm that has rockets.

How do you use rockets aiming marks?   I never know which mark to use so I get close and fire and hope for the best.  Please explain if you can at clt8276@frontier.com

Go into test flight, or test flight mission, and just start practising firing rockets.

I find that the bottom line of the rocket aimer is for firing targets at 1km away, provided you line up the line with the target.

I love hunting bombers in my A-20...Rockets from up close at either a slight upward or slight downwards angle is best...I try to be within .20 km and fire at the nose using my aiming reticule rather than the rocket tree...I try and fire 2 at a time (some planes will auto fire in salvos of 2) and remember that rockets have a convergence angle also...I tried setting a range to explode at, but I much prefer getting close and hitting the bombers...1 hit is all it takes for every bomber I have shot down...A-20's, rockets, and bombers...Such fun...

Looooads o' dakka! WAAAAAAAAAGH! Still, it needs more burny bits. And sum 'splodey bits! Sum sparky bits wouldn't 'urt either. An' it's not Orky enuff, so toss sum more spikes on it. MAKE IT MORE ORKY! An' dun' ferget to paint it red! Red wunz go fastah!

medal

I have taken out all but a fighter, i think, with rockets , bazooka & bombs, For ground targets I have started using when the sight goes red and shoot straight at it, 3 at a time. Start low if you can, it's easier to pull up then.

Have best luck so far using this, except for flying in to the ground, which is a bad habit of mine, or trees. I will keep trying 'til I get it right. It's just a game, treat it as such and you will enjoy it even more.