Horten Ho 229 V3

iso_gate

you know something about the insane burning the plane can take. literially 90% of my deaths is by burning.

this said i do know that the wings are filled with fuel.. but if my wing tip get's set onfire while im on 20min. of fuel or when i turn my engine off it still keeps burning.. well i don't know.

pretty good fly model btw. enjoying the Ho 229 V3 alot :salute:

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

• Developer

I'm mildly curious, why are you using that data based on Cd of 0.0095 instead of 0.011?

I'm mildly curious where did you get this information from?
Because it is not shown in this data sheet.

I'm mildly curious, why are you using that data based on Cd of 0.0095 instead of 0.011?

Seems like they gave it a lower drag value than RL to make it more flyable. And maybe to satiate people who want it to perform closer to what they wanted from it.

The speeds just happen to correlate to that lower drag value, that is all. 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal

Actually, never mind- used wrong Cd. 

medal medal medal medal

Bugs on DM are to be filed in corresponding section

I am curious, how would you file a bug report about the DM of the plane since all you can do is draw a comparison to other planes....?

I tried filling a bug report, my reasoning was that the Ho229 burns and explodes faster than the Me163 Komet, which seems strange since it didn't use highly combustable rocket fuel.....(there are other planes having fuel in the wings that don't burn so fast either)

However, obviously, this bug report was not accepted or ignored.

Hence my question, how would you make a DM bug report? It is all guesswork but it is also quite obvious that the thing has an ultra-sensitve damage model. It reminds me off the Hs129, that was also a plane that exploded without taking much damage at all.

Shall I list all the matches I have flown with it were I died because of fire? (FYI ALL of them)

I am at a loss what information you would want to make an adequate bug report regarding the DM since other than saying: "It's ultra fragile, please have a look at it" there isn't much one can do imho. (There certainly is no historical informatin on exactly how much damage the thing could take....prototypes overheating or crashing for no reason at all shouldn't be the guideline for the finished plane, otherwise things like the XP50 or I185 would have similar problems in the game, don't you think?)

Edited by Bombastikus
  • Upvote 3
medal

• 1 month later...

What is the optimal climb speed for the Ho-229?

If possible in IAS, if not then any speed, even if in TAS or MACH is still appreciated. 

I usually find roughly 460-520kph as what seems ideal if i go by the variometer in the cockpit, but I'd love to know the proper speed. 

Edited by Ottobon
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

As of the 1.47 patch notes, the CD0 value for the 229 is still 0.0095 (an impossible value causing it to overperform, please use the forum search function to find the myriad of discussion we have had about this value) but now it also has the Jumo 004D engines rather than the real-world installed B engines. 

medal medal medal

As of the 1.47 patch notes, the CD0 value for the 229 is still 0.0095 (an impossible value causing it to overperform, please use the forum search function to find the myriad of discussion we have had about this value) but now it also has the Jumo 004D engines rather than the real-world installed B engines. 

So the Ho229 has a physically impossible CD0 value and engines only projected for it, instead of those used for testing. For Ho229 enthusiasts, these are good news.

The thing with it imo is not the low acceleration and climb rate, but the very difficult playstyle. it takes even more patience and discipline than most of the other BnZ planes. These downsides are mitigated by probably one of the best energy retention values and dive acceleration ingame, and surely the best energy retention and dive acceleration of its BR range.

So please, to all that say the Ho229 is somehow nerfed or not living up to its RL stats: its not. its better.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice "data sheet spree" today - are these just documenting existing flight models or is this something we will see in upcomming updates?

Also - is there a chance for older alraedy posted DS to get updated into this new format? They now sometimes missing information like best climb speed, etc - not critical but useful.

Nice "data sheet spree" today - are these just documenting existing flight models or is this something we will see in upcomming updates?

Also - is there a chance for older alraedy posted DS to get updated into this new format? They now sometimes missing information like best climb speed, etc - not critical but useful.

Should be Datasheets for the current FMs

medal medal medal medal

Judging that datasheet on Ho 229 V3, seems that it uses 2x Jumo 004D's. 

medal medal medal medal

Still missing its external bomb racks:

image.jpg

considering that it, when it faces jets, faces nearly solely post war jets... aside from the Meteor...

medal medal medal medal

Unless otherwise noted in the original post, everything should be current

As for data sheets, I can usually make 5-7 a week. It will take a while to get everything into this new format, even with Naughty17 doing some (he also translates them into Cyrillic for the Russian forums)

medal medal medal

Unless otherwise noted in the original post, everything should be current

As for data sheets, I can usually make 5-7 a week. It will take a while to get everything into this new format, even with Naughty17 doing some (he also translates them into Cyrillic for the Russian forums)

Keep up the good work - it's good to know that old one are not totally forgotten :)

end of spam not related to plane in question