Update 22.02.2013 (1.27.28.1)

• Some client shutdown issues fixed
  • Bug fix: when engine is stalled/off, the sound of working engine didn't dissapear
  • Bug fix: when tail is teared off, tail gunners are still visible
  • Bug fix: decals dissapear in test flight
  • Significantly reduced time of hangar loading.
  • Upvote 7

They did a lot more than what is posted in the notes.  Game plays completely differently.  I can't hit crap now.  Pumping belt after belt of cannon rounds into people at 50 meters and having the rounds just disappear.  Russian planes seem to have gotten better.  They seem faster, more agile and are one-shotting crap more than ever.  The matchmaker is really broken.  4 straight games where one team starts with 2-4 players more than the other.  Jets in tier 0-1 battles.  And they are stacked on one side. 

Economy is even more broken.  Lion income seems to have been severely nerfed.  Beta is going in a very wrong direction. 

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Updating now, lets check if you rly cant hit anything. Sorry to say but my guess is this is just a rant.

• Upvote 3

Graphics seem smoother with fewer framerate drops, but I can't prove that. I wonder when they do a large patch like this if bandwidth limitations on the server side might be causing increased lag? I couldn't get that well either tonight until I started leading the target lead a fair amount. That part seems off now (at least this evening)…
  • Upvote 1

I'm more curious about that .8GB download, then the another .8GB download that came in after that...

...was the rest of the patch just not ready yet?

medal medal medal medal

hey devs. you forgot about the hit nerf. it`s harder to hit people. even bombers. thnx for telling us about that. real professional

Guest Nectaria

hey devs. you forgot about the hit nerf. it`s harder to hit people. even bombers. thnx for telling us about that. real professional

You forgot that you would never post on this forum anymore....all you do is whine and lie, very professional for a beta tester.

• Upvote 7

You forgot that you would never post on this forum anymore....all you do is whine and lie, very professional for a beta tester.

Don't say that about him, he's a professional after all. A professional in whining and trolling.

• Upvote 5

def bomber buff, and credit nerf.  Something seems off with hit detection taking forever to adjust to it.

possible FM changes in some planes as they are handling differently

medal

They did a lot more than what is posted in the notes.  Game plays completely differently.  I can't hit crap now.  Pumping belt after belt of cannon rounds into people at 50 meters and having the rounds just disappear.  Russian planes seem to have gotten better.  They seem faster, more agile and are one-shotting crap more than ever.  The matchmaker is really broken.  4 straight games where one team starts with 2-4 players more than the other.  Jets in tier 0-1 battles.  And they are stacked on one side. 

Economy is even more broken.  Lion income seems to have been severely nerfed.  Beta is going in a very wrong direction. 

what ever u smoked i want it too.....

other then that...nothing changed for me, gameplay wise at least

PS: for all of u who where trying to hit the lil circle in front of enemy planes...it's just an aprox and most of the time it's wrong...it accounts for the fastest weapon on the plane (if u have MG and cannons it's for the MG)

learn the drop of ur bullets, be it cannon or MG..learn to anticipate ur opponent ..as i had ppl spray me with bullets and non hit by just moving my nose a bit 'couse they try to follow that magical lil circle

the circle helps to approximate the target...but it's not a 100% hit

• Upvote 3

what ever u smoked i want it too.....

other then that...nothing changed for me, gameplay wise at least

PS: for all of u who where trying to hit the lil circle in front of enemy planes...it's just an aprox and most of the time it's wrong...it accounts for the fastest weapon on the plane (if u have MG and cannons it's for the MG)

learn the drop of ur bullets, be it cannon or MG..learn to anticipate ur opponent ..as i had ppl spray me with bullets and non hit by just moving my nose a bit 'couse they try to follow that magical lil circle

the circle helps to approximate the target...but it's not a 100% hit

well i thing its vise versa! the circle accounts for the slowest gun you have bullets for.

• Upvote 2

I commend the recent effort to post patch notes in English and in a timely manner...

But can we get a PROPER list with ALL changes made in this patch, because what has been announced thus far is not the full list. It's a bit deceptive to post only a partial list of changes in this patch.

With that said, there are definitely some noticeable changes which haven't been listed, with the two most obvious for me being:  

1. FRB matchmaking results in consistently stacked and/or uneven teams with no player rank balancing, i.e. Level 0 or 1 players paired up in matches with players using jets in FRB!

2. Minor changes to some of the flight models when test flown at "Simulator" difficulty setting and during FRB matches.

In regards to FRB matchmaking, I got into an FRB match that had 7 human players on one team, only 4 human players on the other team, and the team with 7 humans had 5 bots while the team with 4 humans had 6 bots. So ultimately it was 12 versus 10. If that wasn't bad ebough, 4 of the players on the 7 player team were tier 10+ while the team with only 4 human players were all tier 0 or 1 for the nation being played. This is one specific case, but it appears to be happening more frequently than it did over the past week. This change to matchmaking started at the same time the map for FRB was changed to Korea, but it's been getting progressively worse with each patch or "server maintenance."

medal medal

Seems the devs listened to people about the lack of information flow on the EN forums. This is good.

thats a very good sign!

I lost about 2/3rds of my framerate this update.

Just prior to my updating I did a Flash and Java update.

I'm really struggling to figure out what happened and am looking for others this happened to or fixes.  I have gone from 90-150fps to 20-40 which is often unplayable when being shot at.

I'm presently updating my 2-3 month old drivers to week old drivers, but I really don't think this is the problem and it likely had something to do with the flash and java update.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Nice. Thanks for update. I love this game. :D I am looking forword to next update. I love these war birds. :)