My Yer 2 Ace Project  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Yer-2 Which is the best of them ?

• Yer - 2 M - 105
    • Yer - 2 M - 105R LU
    • Yer - 2 ACh - 30B/E
    • Yer - 2 ACh - 30B/L
    • They are all about the same - Pick what you like

Howdy all, I respect the soviet harvest lions muscle and I would like to pick the best of them, ace its crew, have fun with it.    :bomber:

I wish I could do it with all 4, but not enough eagles in my account, what do you guys believe is the top of the line?  I have only played with M-105R LU so far, am I missing anything ?  Vote from your experience,  tips & hints are always welcome.   Cheers !

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I use Yer 30 B/E personally. I'd like to get the last one But don't want to spend the money yet. but honestly this one has the same bomb load as the late series one. The only difference id prob say between the early and late is usually maybe different armor or maybe an upgraded gun canopy. not necessarily the gun itself. I personally dont see a difference. The first two have lesser bomb loads so you'll want to at least get the B/E or B/L I think any of the last 2 will do just fine.

You have a choice between 4000 or 5000kg bombloads, pretty much any Yer 2 will be good for arcade, and you don't need to ace or expert them, a good crew will do just fine.

In the end, by the time you elited all of them, you will have racked up a quite nice number of lions and RP.

medal medal

You have a choice between 4000 or 5000kg bombloads, pretty much any Yer 2 will be good for arcade, and you don't need to ace or expert them, a good crew will do just fine.

In the end, by the time you elited all of them, you will have racked up a quite nice number of lions and RP.

What about climb rate ?? I see 105R LU has a climb rate of 6,9m/s (-0,4m/s bombs payload), while I see  30B/L has only 2,3m/s ??? Or is it because I havent researched anything on latter yet ?

you don't need to ace or expert them, a good crew will do just fine.

My 5th plane's slot looking from left to right is dedicated to bombers and I have maxed everything there. I was thinking to exaggerate  with it, upgrade qualification to ace, so it could be something like a fortress with top gun gunners, thus make me inapproachable. Should I bother with it, or should I stay at expert crew level and save 700 eagles ???

Edited by GaMe__OveR
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I will tell you from my personal experience:

DON'T ACE any of the Yer-2.

Actually, they are among the best crew trainers inside the game.

Pick a newbie crew, put it inside a Yer 2, kill 1-2 bases = 20-30 exp on the crew.

Kill 3 bases + Airport = over 110 experience in a single battle.

It's not a thing about just Yer2, it's about the bombload, it brings so much  that it can KILL a single minibase, and bring to half a second one.
IF you are one of the few players that looks what other bombers are doing, or talks to split bases with other people, Just unload 3000 kg to one base(2500 if you are using the 1st type of yer), and the remaining to the one a team mate is attacking. it will mean 2 bases destroyed on the first run.
With the exp related to that. If you manage to stay alive, at next reload (Expert crew is mandatory), just kill the remaining base(s),

and at 3rd reload head to airport...

Airport will give you the most experience per reload, as it gives the same exact exp per bomb as a minibase, plus it's able to endure your full load without being destroyed.

So as i was saying, YER 2 is the best crew trainer in the game (along with all the big bombloads)

Edited by Sirianstar

Thank you for your tips. But I gotta ask something more.  

I have chosen for both my 12,7 and 7,62 type of turrets armored units belt ammo. Am I doing wrong? is universal belt better for this job?

not bad, AP can pierce engines and kill pilots. though u will end up killing only engines, pilot kills with auto guns are extremely rare unless you are driving a b17 and the enemy sits duck behind you for 10 seconds.

Don't get lured by the name. Universal have ONLY AP bullets too, though they lack the cermet core ones, which do better holes in engines.

Don't expect any wing rips, unless you have the later ACH30 with the 20mm turret

What about climb rate ?? I see 105R LU has a climb rate of 6,9m/s (-0,4m/s bombs payload), while I see  30B/L has only 2,3m/s ??? Or is it because I havent researched anything on latter yet ?

My 5th plane's slot looking from left to right is dedicated to bombers and I have maxed everything there. I was thinking to exaggerate  with it, upgrade qualification to ace, so it could be something like a fortress with top gun gunners, thus make me inapproachable. Should I bother with it, or should I stay at expert crew level and save 700 eagles ???

You guessed right, however don't think that climbing will be your lifesaver all the time, Yer2's, especially with the outside bomb racks are very heavy plane that don't really climb, they do hold a lot of stability in a shallow dive.

Stay at expert level, ace crew is just not worth the trouble, you're better off investing in premium time or advanced crew training instead.

Thank you for your tips. But I gotta ask something more.  

I have chosen for both my 12,7 and 7,62 type of turrets armored units belt ammo. Am I doing wrong? is universal belt better for this job?

Basically any ammo that has AP-I in it will do. It's not like the Yer 2 will take down many fighters.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

• 6 years later...