QuarterNinjaCM

Update 16.10.2014 (Server Update #2)

• New packs which include Pz.Kpfw II Ausf. H and Romanian Bf.109 G2 have been added
  • Distance at which tanks can spot (markers become visible) enemy aircraft has been doubled (with fully trained crew it was roughly 1500m and now it will be 3000m)

Flight models:

• Excessive pitching moment with flaps extended has been corrected for F-86 and CL-13A
  • Both I-185 have been updated (should be more stable now)
  • J7W1 fixed acceleration during take off, elevator response with Mouse Aim has been improved
  • Upvote 24

Still don't see that they fixed the RP Bug. I was going to buy that G2 pack but not much point in doing that until that bug is fixed.

Now it's costing you money to not fix it.....

I am glad you separated the packs this time to be more fair to people who have one or the other...though that doesn't solve the purchase problem I had, that one is more personal so its irrelevant, separating these was a good idea. Also any draw distance improvement is really happily accepted as well.

Edited by Echorion
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Well, let's see how this affects AAA tanks.
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Great!Player AAA-vehicles in RB can see my aircrafts marker at 3km and get Leadindicator as a bonus while I need to spot them without any marker at a ridiculus close(a few hundred meters) rendering distance unless my team still has at least one other  player alive that also has to be smart and selfless enough to mark the AAA-vehicle.   :facepalm:  :facepalm: :facepalm:

Seriously guys! You had a very good approach in RB mixed battles in  original 1.43 - why do you try to destroy it?

Edited by Nebelfeuer
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal

I've accidentally been bombing ally tanks on occasion tbh. 

because it won't tell me what tanks are enemy or ally until my plane is like directly above them, and I've always dropped bombs.

Anyways, fix the research bug please.

Edited by Echorion
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

Spotting nerf still in place for planes, don't you get it?

Made the stupid mistake to not quit Spain, with that spotting, no communication, noone climbing, me in a BNZ plane, and Bad Network Connection feature taught me what i do next time.

edit:

But a big plus: Thanks for making the latest tank available in a separate advanced pack outside the heavy armored thing!

Edited by rosch
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

• J7W1 fixed acceleration during take off, elevator response with Mouse Aim has been improved

General acceleration improved alot however... now it's losing flaps in horizontal turn at 350km/h IAS... what's wrong with these flaps all the time?

Also QuarterNinja - to whom I can report damage models directly when Lassar has locked topic? J7W1 has some pretty serious issues regarding elevator and ailerons.

For starters:

Elevators - you get hit in engine from behind, your elevators can get damaged, I mean directly from your 6. Once they get slightly damaged (pink) you're no longer capable of pulling nose up. You can however push nose down at will which leads to situation where you have to fly upside-down with slightly damaged elevator because you will hit the ground otherwise.

Ailerons - they have hitbox of a whale, and apparently are overlaping each other. I never got damaged aileron, they allways go both from untouched straight to black full damaged. It also happens regardless of direction of fire or it's caliber, they more often than not stop working under mean look. They never get damaged separately - they're either working or both go full black.

Rudders - you're unable to belly land it. Your nose will break in half and you will flip over and explode. Lower rudder parts should break during belly landing or nose shouldn't break off.

with this update - flaps breaking off above 300km/h

Edited by Marrond
  • Upvote 8
medal medal medal medal

To those who complain about not being able to kill SPAA as Planes:

The game has a complex counter system in mixed battles, like Rock/Paper/Scissors.

In general (with some exceptions):
SPAA beats planes
Bomber and Attacker Planes beat Heavy Tanks and clusters (such as on a point.)
Heavy Tanks hold points.
Medium Tanks (and low tier light tanks) assault and capture points and defended positions (including SPAA nests) due to their artillery strikes and generally higher mobility.
Tank Destroyers control zones (not points) much like snipers in other games do. The limited arc of fire they have makes them vulnerable when up close.

Do not attack Anti-Aircraft artillery as a plane.
Mixed battles have a heavier requirement for teamwork than air battles do.

Edited by Aubreykun
medal medal medal medal

Great news about spotting distance good.gif

hmmm... Still 1.5km... 

Wait a second... FULLY TRAINED CREW!!!!????

What part of the crew must be fully trained?

Repair rank and speed too?

Edited by FeldwebelNL
medal

The FM still needs work, as it still feels very cluncky, it's like driving a bus. However the engine acceleration feels much better now.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The FM still needs work, as it still feels very cluncky, it's like driving a bus. However the engine acceleration feels much better now.

Most importantly it finally acceleartes at low speed during manouvers and it accelerates in dive! (previously it was flying like it had parachute behind it's back)
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Why can I only use the tank I selected in AB... As in, I select a tank, AB, and hit "To Battle", I get into a game, and I can only use the tank I selected, the rest are locked out for me. While I understand that's how Sim works (with 2 spawns for my Ausf D), This is AB... Arcade... I should be able to use any of my 4 tanks... And have 3 respawns for 3 different tanks.

Not this 1-life lotto gag...

Edited by Undead_Phantom
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

J7W1 fixed

Nope

Big bullshit on that one

Along with XP-55, both are horribly broken.

TheShaolinMonk (Posted )

1.1.17. Profanity and insult. This includes the use of swearing, medical-related reference (such as cancer, mental illness, etc.), offensive and abusive language, and other references of an insulting or profane nature. Filtered item’s are exempt from action.
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Bf.109 G2 is it worth to get it? Any thoughts?

It climbs extremely good for its rank, and if you have good aim it will be amazing. Not sure how much it costs and what kind of rewards you would get (I would have to check) but I would fly the Bf 109 G-2 tropical and see if you would want the Romanian Bf 109 G-2. Just remember that it is a 109.... not a spitfire....

medal medal

Why can I only use the tank I selected in AB... As in, I select a tank, AB, and hit "To Battle", I get into a game, and I can only use the tank I selected, the rest are locked out for me. While I understand that's how Sim works (with 2 spawns for my Ausf D), This is AB... Arcade... I should be able to use any of my 4 tanks... And have 3 respawns for 3 different tanks.

Not this 1-life lotto gag...

this. why?

Is this server update causing crashes during matches that are being loaded up? I've heard from multiple people that ever since the update, their game is crashing while loading up a match, and I can testify, it has happened a multitude of times to me.

• Upvote 1