QJdsXyq.png?1

One can appreciate the scale is given by the technician who is consulting a plane assembly inside the cabin area picture. It is also seen that the joystick and instruments were removed.

s5P3JIi.png?1

Two more images of the cabin with his control column and the mass of wiring the central instrument console. In the poster hanging in the background reads: Attention! Do not step on the supports.

2eccbbc0.jpg

Scale model of the instrument console of Me 264V1. This was proposed to achieve optimum design and space. Also many things that can be seen in this image were modified. The only instrument installed in the center console is the compass and engine levers they are located very temporarily. Not contemplated the bay to the landing gear. You can also be seen directly on the passenger seat installing a look Revi16b along with MG131 machine gun and ammunition of this hanging from a deposit right over.

vZPAXiG.png?1

Right: model of the instrument panel passenger before settling on the sliding his chair. A considerable amount of natural light on these instruments would be available during the daytime flights because these were close to the cabin windows.
Left: A HD151 electro hydraulically powered turret containing MG151 20mm cannon as proposed for Me 264V1.

Edited by pieve
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9c22be2c.jpg

Two images showing the location of the wings in the center section of the fuselage. In addition anchors may be the same and the access hatch to the crew just below the fixation edge.

IHYzOnw.png?1

Der .: Internal Section port wing or stabilizer before being joined to the fuselage. Note that the wing or stabilizer rests on a wooden cradle.
Left .: Detailed picture of the mounting bracket installed on the wing.

f4ac53eb.jpg

Der .: A section of wing under construction at the plant in Augsburg, 1942.
Left .: Details clamp mounted on the wing of the adjacent photo.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

128cafad.jpg

A dramatic view of the 20 meter long starboard wing. Fuel tanks were not even installed on the wing and you can see an oil tank. The crouch engineer aligning one of the tanks gives an idea of scale. They may also be the anchoring arms of the wings, as the hole for MG131 and another round hole for observation Ventada.

79b5bbbd.jpg

The V1 starboard wing view from the rear of the fuselage. The wing and fuselage anchored encentra but still expects the installation of tanks, control surfaces as well as one of its two Jumo 211 engines.

6cnkpKh.png?1

Two engineers consult a plane at the Augsburg plant under the semi-installed cover one of the Jumo 211 engines Me264. Large curtains hanging from the windows on the right were used to protect against possible Allied attacks.

TanquesalaresMe264b.jpg

By a crane, mechanical carefully move a fuel tank located going between the two motors in the wing trailing edge, while a technician works on engine outboard motor connections.

• Upvote 1

Z4nf6PB.png?1

me264_fuel_tanks.jpg

An original plan of the Messerschmitt AG dated December 10, 1942 shows the location of the fuel tanks of the port section of the wing. The combined weight of the nine fuel tanks in each wing was 9.740kgs.

eb161326.jpg

Above: The incredible thickness wing Me 264 can be seen in this photograph, which can also appreciate the amount of cable and pipelines on the leading edge. Load pressure and the roots of the wings will be considerable.
Below: Another section of the leading edge of the wing. One can observe the control rods and the support (at the bottom of the photo) for the engine.

dZ1xBwu.png?1

A photo of huge and almost completely assembled vertical stabilizer port.

Edited by pieve

UfWkBOR.png?1

Two schematic drawings produced in August / September 1943 showing the design of cockpit and center console instrument for Me 264 V1 equipped with Jumo 211 engines.

rO6JQY9.png?1

Another design but dated 25 September 1943 showing another arrangement of instruments for the Me 264 V1 equipped with engines BMW 801TC.

Me-264V-1%20%28e%29.jpg

Staff Messerschmitt Me 264 gathered around especially focuses on the inner starboard engine. This photo gives a good impression of the low profile of the aircraft; Note that the top of the Luftwaffe officer standing next to the cabin has half the height of the airplane. The civil grieves visible beside the officer is probably the test pilot Kurt Baur.

264-20.jpg

A photograph of Kurt Bauer (1913-1963) posing in front of the Me 264 V1. Kurt was the test pilot of each aircraft developed from the Messerschmitt.

qFlSakv.png?1

Three images taken in the early summer of 1943. Two models of the turrets have been urged in the dorsal area of the fuselage, in view of the installation of two remotely controlled turrets equipped with a combination of Zwilling MG131 13mm.

Edited by pieve

wKmCdwo.png?1

Above: April 14, 1944 the Me 264 V1 was fitted with new engines BMW 801 MG / 2 TC-1 14-cylinder air-cooled radial.

Below: The development team takes a break Me 264 outdoors during testing with the new BMW engines in Lechfeld 801 or Memmingen in early 1944. Note the model of the turret for MG131 behind the cab and open window allowing much needed ventilation inside glazed cabin. Kurt Baur is standing to the left of the photo man.

messerschmitt-me264-amerika.jpg

The Me 264 V1 on Lechfeld or looking under Memmingen during rehearsals with BMW 801 engines in the spring of 1944.

Me264-1.jpg

In the late spring of 1944 Generalmajor Hans-Henning von Barsewisch, the General Aufklärungsflieger, I consider that the Me 264 (re-equipped with new engines) was too slow for operations. Messerschmitt subsequently prepared a revised specification changing the engine by BMW 801G BMW 801E.

e70b8171.jpg

All that remained of one of the remaining Me 264 prototypes (either V2 or V3). The bare metal fuselage seems to have escaped from his bonds hangar in what appears to be a wooden construction. Internally, at least, the construction does not seem to have been in an advanced stage at the time the photograph was taken, and it is possible that the location of it is in Offingen, where the second and third prototypes were under the care of the Sonderkommando Nebel.

Edited by pieve
  • Upvote 1

TZNx2kX.png?1

Again some drawings of promotional catalog which showed the proposed aircraft (top two images) weapons.
Another drawing (center) showing the schematic section wing Me 264 with the cooling system for open motor.
And in the bottom picture other fancy artist showing removable fuel tanks port wing and their armored panels.

kiYPpSN.png?1

A drawing on the different loads of bombs and torpedoes possible both in the internal bomb bay to the soperotes under the wings.

wwoKTJA.png?1

FvuSume.png?1

Three views of a possible Me 264 V1 with 6 RATO bottles and two torpedoes.

Edited by pieve

WJHjMLh.png?1

The first "Flugzeugtypenblatt name" or "Road type aircraft" for the Me 264 as published by the RLM in January 1, 1941. The road left the plane is in its basic state while in the right adding inline engine (the type DB603) and the proposed weapons shown. The aircraft was configured with machine guns MG151 20mm in the rear ends of the internal motors remotely controlled while in the back of the fuselage had two turrets equipped with 13mm MG131 Zwilling.

91323683ffe277cd7891ecfd1fa4c2e3.jpg

A FDL 131 "drehlafette" or remotely controlled electrohydraulic assembly that housed two MG 131. This type of Zwilling or double machine gun was meant to be installed on the turrets of the fuselage. This weapon was already in use in the He 177 Greif.

264-21.jpg

Based on a design of the Messerschmitt, this image shows the frontal plane equipped with Daimler-Benz engines which indicate that propeller diameter in this version is 3.900mm while propellers Jumo engines had been of 3.630mm. The drawing also shows the disposable outer wheels of main landing gear.

CWCe3n7.png?1

Edited by pieve
  • Upvote 2

WJHjMLh.png?1

Unfortunately this Typenblatt date of the RLM is unknown three possible variables major and adding disposable wheels main landing gear.

EEaalaa.png?1

A drawing dated October 1941 Walter RATO shows three units located at the bottom of the wing of Me 264 on each side of the internal motors. In this case an unspecified model Daimler-Benz.

Me264-45.jpg

Two photographs showing a model 264/6 I m in the wind tunnel equipped with 6 engines Jumo.

ElovoCy.png?1

Views ME 264 models equipped with Jumo 211 and BMW 801 engines and two types of different wingspans.

Edited by pieve
  • Upvote 1

3CuldRu.png?1

Above: Sonder-Fernanaufklärer (Special Recognition) an airplane planned to carry 17 paratroopers or assault troops as well as 3 cameras RB30 / 50. The aircraft would be equipped with the propulsion system additional GM-1 nitrous oxide and the ability to carry two 5000kgs disposable tanks under each wing. The armament consisted of a dorsal turret HD151 and MG131 machine gun in the ventral and two located on the sides of the fuselage. The plane had taken off with external disposable train wheels main landing.

Below: Fernkampfflugzeug (long-range bomber) it would likely have been in the bomb bay an SC 2500 along with other children. Note also the optional turbine "Rustsatz" located on the outside of the wing. It would be equipped with a machine gun in the nose MG131, two turrets with HD151Z in the back (front and back) A MG131 on each side of the fuselage and MG151 controlled remotely on the back ventral fuselage. The plane had taken off with external disposable train wheels main landing.

1t35FE1.png?1

The proposed Fernaufklärer basic reconnaissance missions equipped with 3 cameras RB30 / 50 with the same weapons systems that Fernkampfflugzeug version. The plane was to be equipped with the system of nitrous oxide 600kgs in the bomb bay capable of generating extra power for 25 minutes. This would have allowed increasing the speed in emergency situations. The plane had taken off with external disposable train wheels main landing.

84ULlrF.png?1

Four armed drawings and detailed tail and wing two variants of proposals for Me 264V1 produced between August and November 1943 levels.

Edited by pieve
  • Upvote 1

Apj2lpL.jpg?1

sources: Me-264 Amerika bomber

forum is in Spanish:

forum is in Russian:

Edited by pieve
  • Upvote 1

I honestly feel that this aircraft should be added to the game, Germany needs bombers like this to counter the TU-4 and B-29. Also 3 of these were built so I guess it's a good consideration Gaijin.

Germany needs something that can haul as many bombs as the Tu-4. Would the Me-264 do this or not?

In the suggestion and in wikipedia stands: 

• Bombs: 3,000 kg (6,614 lb) bombload in internal bomb bay at 14,400 km (8,947 miles). 13,200 kg (29,101 lbs) bombload in internal bomb bay at 8,600 km (5,343 miles)

i am not sure about the 13,200kg because it is really much, more than the B-26 or the Tu-4. In other sources I read very often 3000-4000kg bombs but that would be not enough to be a good counterpart for tu-40 and B-29. Only planes like the ta400, the Ju390(too slow) or the Bv238(too slow) can carry nearly the same bombload than the b29/tu4.

But if the 13200 Boambload really right it could be a counterpart to the other two. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

interesting but the He177 can still carry less than the B29 or tu-4. And this is the Me264 thread

Edited by stefffff1871
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hey all,

I support this new German bomber Me264.  The German aircraft tree needs a bigger bomber after the 217 version but prior to the Jet Bombers.

USArmyLTC

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal