Yakovlev Yak-1

• 2 weeks later...

Yak-1 is doing 516 km/h at 15 meters (for all intents and purposes, that's sea level) with 30 min fuel load. For full fuel load, I reached 507 km/h. 

Something's not right here. 

Edited by Ishnuvalok
  • Upvote 2

I'm reaching around 522 kph @SL with full fuel load. Webbrowser is also reporting around 1160hp at sea level.

Yak-1 seems to have the Yak-1b FM right now, so I'm seeing what's up.

no kidding. I said that during the dev server. even made a bug report on it (for all the good that did).

• Upvote 3
medal medal

This aircraft seems to have it's proper FM now, please go ahead and confirm.

Reached around 480 km/h at sea level... But I didn't use manual engine controls so it might not be fully accurate.

• 1 month later...

The speed listed in the datasheet is at 100% power, not WEP.

question why does this Yak have WEP and no others do until the M-107 engined Yak-9U/P/UT? just curious.

medal medal

question why does this Yak have WEP and no others do until the M-107 engined Yak-9U/P/UT? just curious.

The M-105PA engine has the WEP strictly limited for take-off, while for the M-105PF and PF-2( which the other Yaks use) had it as their normal max setting, and no longer called it "WEP". The VK-107 brought it back, though.

medal medal medal

The M-105PA engine has the WEP strictly limited for take-off, while for the M-105PF and PF-2( which the other Yaks use) had it as their normal max setting, and no longer called it "WEP". The VK-107 brought it back, though.

Cool. thanks.

medal medal

• 11 months later...
I'm collecting performance stats on Yak-1 right now and on current patch (1.53.8.34) this aircraft has a VERY strange supercharger.

I don't measure the official way so I can't make a bug report - I measure as I fly the aircraft (Realistic controls, MEC, 30 min perpetual fuel)

Whats gets me confused is that the second stage of the supercharger gives a boost in power at ~3.6km and then drastically DECREASE the power from approx 5.5 km.
First I thought that it was just the max altitude that was wrong, but switching back to 1st supercharger gear actually provude a bit more power.
I seriously doubt that I can get the airctaft above 7000m (the stat card suggest 10,000m)

Anyone that has a reasonable explanation?
If not - how to report buggered FM?
I can not make movies, and .clog and replays don't seem to record test flights?
medal medal medal medal

If not - how to report buggered FM?
I can not make movies, and .clog and replays don't seem to record test flights?

Make a custom match as that will generate replays, .clogs on the other hand generate whenever the client is running

medal medal medal

• 4 months later...