YanderesFTW

Me 262 A1-U4

244 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Me 262 A1-U4's BR should be lowered to something around 6.7?

• Yes
    • No
    • Should be lowered but not to 6.7 (explain in thread)
    • Yes, but should be lowered to 6.3
    • Yes, but should be lowered to 6.0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

74 posts in this topic

edit: So it appears some people wish for the BR to be lowered to somewhere around 6.3-6.0 i've edited the poll to reflect that.

Make sure to delete your vote and place it in the correct one.

Yeah ok, we all know that the Me 262's are "feeling themselves for their BR" due to their "overwhelming armament that makes them competitive". However i fail too see how it's stats or armament make the Me 262 A1-U4 competitive for it's BR. It's outperformed by almost all opponents it faces. The 50mm cannon is pretty much a joke. The default belt is terrible with having only 1 out of 3 shots fitted with minengeshoss. This means that if you do somehow hit a plane it will most likely do little damage . Accompany the aircraft's performance and armament to the fact this thing faces Mig/La 15's, F86 sabres, and Sea meteors/mk.4's and what you get is an aircraft that arguably stands no chance at being competitive whatsoever to the opponent's it faces. Heck, the U4 would most likely struggle against early post WW2 jets.

So here's my suggestion: lower it's battle rati... *gets shot*

Yes yes yes, we've all heard this before. But the BR on the U4 seriously needs to be lowered to make it even slightly competitive. Having the U4's BR being lowered to 6.7 would allow it face B-17's and B-24's which would allow it to be more competitive along with slightly addressing the recent B-17 spam. It would also feel much more balanced facing not such high tier jet's such as the migs and sabres.

To sum it up the performance of the Me 262 A1-U4 is insufficient enough for it to even be remotely competitive against most of its peers. This accompanied with the fact its extraordinarily difficult to hit fast moving jet's with the 50mm gun and the fact the gun is terrible unless you have Air Target belt unlocked makes the aircraft very hard to be efficient with. The issue can be fixed by lowering it's BR to something around 6.7 allowing it to see Bombers and Early post war jets. Doing so would increase it's competitiveness and have a slight impact on the recent wave of B-17 spam without allowing it to club prop planes such as the P-51.

Please take the poll results and think them over a bit Gaijin, thats all im asking for. GLORY TO ALL MIGHTY NARWHAL SCHWALBE!! o/

Edited by YanderesFTW

Support it. Me 262 A1/U4 was and should be used as an Anti-Bomber weapon. At it's current BR there is no way it can do it's role. It should be lowered to at least 6.7.

It would certainly decrease bomber spam. 

Edited by CokeSpray

Should be 6.0 tops... (B17E's are 5.7, B17G is 6.0, B24D is 6.3)
You also talk about clubbing props? Lel, how? It only has a 50mm derpcannon.

My exact point
Hell
I think 5.7 won't be a big issue because derpcannon

Should be 6.0 tops... (B17E's are 5.7, B17G is 6.0, B24D is 6.3)

You also talk about clubbing props? Lel, how? It only has a 50mm derpcannon.

Many people are like:

"IT HAS A REVOLVER CANNON IT WILL KILL ALL PROPS!"

Many people are like:

"IT HAS A REVOLVER CANNON IT WILL KILL ALL PROPS!"

Top lel

Even if it did, only 1/3 of the rounds in the default belt actually do anything

Top lel

Even if it did, only 1/3 of the rounds in the default belt actually do anything

Mentioning that belt, the default belt has some.. interesting looking rounds. 

So it appears some people wish for the BR to be lowered to somewhere around 6.3-6.0 i've edited the poll to reflect that.\

Make sure to delete your vote and place it in the correct one.

Edited by YanderesFTW

Not only is it over tiered, at its current BR, the 1.0 difference bracket prevents it from facing nearly all of the aircraft it was designed to engage. It doesn't make sense from a historical or balance perspective.

as long as it faces the early jets such as the mig 9 p 80 and meteor f3 then im ok with it because thats where most of the bomber spam is  :(s

6.3 or 6.

It's not even that fast.

3rd vote change lel
But yes
6.0 and I will fly this damn thing 24/7
Hell, i might slap a talisman on it as well

YAH HEARD IT HERE FIRST GAIJIN, LOWER THE BR AND WE'LL THROW MONEY AT YOU! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ 

Voted Yes, but should be lowered to 6.0.

It makes zero sense to me why Me 262 have BR higher than Yak-15, which uses engines that was copied from said Me 262.

I think that IN RB/SB 262s/Yak-15/F-80(early) should have same BR.

Edited by Rixx

Voted Yes, but should be lowered to 6.0.

It makes zero sense to me why Me 262 have BR higher than Yak-15, which uses engines that was copied from said Me 262.

262s/Yak-15/F-80(early) should have same BR.

Yak-15 doesn't come close to the 262 in performance. Sure, it can turn pretty tight, but thats about it. If it tries to follow a 262 in a dive or even a straight line, it will snap its wings.

Revolver

Uwot

Only plane with revolver cannon ingame is the F-2 sabre

Unless I'm wrong

You are wrong. MK 214 is a 50mm MK 213 revolver cannon.