White_bada

PS4 version: USB flight sticks compatibility

Dear players!

As you probably know, the War Thunder PS4 version currently officially supports two types of controls: DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller and mouse+keyboard. However it is known that some popular USB flightstick models are also fully or partially compatible with the game.

We would appreciate  if you could share your experience with these devices in this thread: what works and what doesn’t, what controls presets did you create etc.

After plugging the flightstick in, go to Menu - Controls and launch Controls Setup Wizard.

Please, don’t forget to indicate the exact model of flightstick or HOTAS system you used.

We will follow this thread closely to improve your gaming experience.

Thank you!

• Upvote 5

hello, for my experience :

materiel : t flight hotas x

2 problems :

1) hatswith is not reconized. (not any move detected to set functions (vue or else)

2) set-up is lost when usb port is changed on PS4 and axes must be reloaded.

working fine : 

All other functions after setting.

Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X for me too.

As already stated I couldn't get the hat switch to work but mapped a button and the main stick to view which worked as well as the view function does on the PS4. Everything else works fine once you have mapped it.

My only gripe is that I didn't find the sweet spot for the throttle axis settings so it was difficult to set precise throttle levels - especially with the lock indent at the halfway point (but this is an issue I have had with the stick with other games and not just WT).

Edited by Juby

Does the Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X stick twist? And if not, how do you use the rudder?

Yes, the stick does twist which can be used for rudder. There is also another large left/right rocker lever on the front of the throttle lever I preferred to use this as rudder instead of the twist.

Yes!!!

I use a Saitek AV8R-03 model SN-PS40 flight stick with my PS4 and War Thunder. This is the PS3/PS4/PC version of the Saitek AV8R-02 for XBox 360.

Everything works with the PS4 version of War Thunder apart from the POV hat axis on the top of the flight stick. I have tried everything to get the hat axis to work. No luck.

If you plan to implement more control devices within the PS4 version of the control wizard please add the AV8R-03 to the line up as it is slightly different to the AV8R-02 and more suited to the PS4 than the AV8R-02 is.

I will supply presets a bit later on if you like as the a couple of the axis are different to the AV8R-02.

Edited by PureGT_Muzz
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

BTW, the POV HAT switch should fixed in the next minor update.

Great news ! Do you have any idea of the release date ? 

So the Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X should be fully operational then ? 

Saitek AV8R-03 Model SN-PS-40 for PS3 / PS4 / PC Presets

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please include a sheet for the AV8R-03 as it is more suited to the PS4 / PC system than the AV8R-02 is. AV8R-02 is more suited to Xbox360 / PC.

Presets for AV8R-03 with Mode Button set to M1

-------------------------------------------------------------

Button 28 / Circle: Small-Caliber Guns

Button 29 / Triangle: Drop Bomb

Button 30 / X: Large-Caliber Guns

Button 30 / X: Additional Guns

Button 31 / Square: Fire Rocket

Button 32 / Up Button: Toggle Gear

Button 33 / Right Button: Toggle Flaps

Button 34 / Down Button: Zoom Camera

Button 35 / Left Button: Toggle Airbrake

Button 36 / L3: Schrage Musik Cannons Activation

Button 37 / R3: Reload Guns

Button 38 / Select: Toggle View

Button 39 / Start: Lock Target

Button 40 / Home: Tracking Camera Enemy

Axis 09 (Stick Left / Right): Roll Axis

Keep Value Of Disabled Axis: No

Deadzone: 0

Nonlinearity: 1.7

Invert Axis: No

Multiplier: 1

Correction: 0%

Roll Sensitivity 70%

Axis 10 (Stick Up / Down): Pitch Axis

Nonlinearity: 2.5

Pitch Sensitivity 5%

Axis 11 / L2 / R2 (Lever Up / Down): Throttle Axis

Nonlinearity: 1

Invert Axis Yes

Relative Control: No

Multiplier: 1.1

Hold Throttle For WEP: No

Axis 12 / L1 / R1 (Stick Twist Left / Twist Right): Yaw Axis

Keep Value Of Disabled Axi:s No

Nonlinearity: 3.4

Yaw Sensitivity 0%

Aim Control Sensitivity: 25%

Aim Sensitivity: 25%

Invert Y Axis (Aircraft): No

Invert Y Axis (Gunner): No

Gunner View Sensitivity: 50%

Axis 13 (PoV Hatview Left / Right): Gunner Aiming Control (X Axis)

Deadzone: 0.25

Nonlinearity: 2

Relative Control Sensitivity: 80%

Relative Control Step: 0%

Multiplier: 1.4

Axis 14 (PoV Hatview Up / Down): Gunner Aiming Control (Y Axis)

Deadzone: 0.25

Nonlinearity: 2

Invert Axis: Yes

Relative: Control: No

Relative: Control Sensitivity 80%

Relative: Control Step 0%

Multiplier: 1.4

Enable View Axis: Enabled

Axis 13 (PoV Hatview Left / Right): View (X-Axis)

Deadzone: 0.02

Invert Axis: Yes

Relative Control: Yes

Axis 14 (PoV Hatview Up / Down): View (Y-Axis)

Deadzone: 0.02

Relative Control: Yes

Camera Smoothness: 0%

Camera Look Speed: 6%

Relative Camera Movement On Hatview: Yes

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the help YouKnowWhoYouAre!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Because on PS4 we cannot export/import to/from file like you can on PC would it be possible to have two control sheets we can switch between. One to set up the dualshock 4 and one to set up a flight stick? That way we can sit up at a table with the flight stick or switch to the other sheet and sloth out on the couch with the Dualshock 4.

Also please let us bind more than one axis to a function. ie: The View (X-Axis) and the View (Y-Axis). So we could bind a Dualshock 4 axis for free look in tanks and a flight stick axis for free look in aircraft. At present we can bind three buttons or combinations to one function but can only bind one axis per function. This is very limiting as there are two types of vehicle in the game now. Those two types of vehicles perform best with their own control device. Flight stick for aircraft and Dualshock 4 for tanks.

The present binding system is all well and good if you are a mouser in aircraft and tanks but not very good if you want to use specific control devices for different vehicle types.

I hope the info provided helps you out and good luck getting the PS4 sorted for flight stick control. It will be awesome!!!

Cheers

Muzz

Edited by PureGT_Muzz
  • Upvote 1

As already stated I couldn't get the hat switch to work but mapped a button and the main stick to view which worked as well as the view function does on the PS4. Everything else works fine once you have mapped it.

My only gripe is that I didn't find the sweet spot for the throttle axis settings so it was difficult to set precise throttle levels - especially with the lock indent at the halfway point (but this is an issue I have had with the stick with other games and not just WT).

Same here. If you could duplicate the flight stick usage like on BOS and PS3 it would be perfect. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Please add Saitek X-45, and later models. I would like to use thise feature on PS4 very much. Give the game a very real feel. Thanks, hope to see it.

Looks like the Hat switch is gonna work very soon :)

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/170368-14130x-preliminary-patch-notes/

Sweet as!!! Thank you Gaijin!!!

The PoV Hatview switch on my Saitek AV8R-03 is recognised by the PS4 version of WT and kind of works but the parameters are all screwed up. I have seen in the PS4 forum that there are a few of us that use the same flight stick so I hope they have fixed it for our particular model.

Edited by PureGT_Muzz

My only gripe is that I didn't find the sweet spot for the throttle axis settings so it was difficult to set precise throttle levels - especially with the lock indent....

Did you ever get happy with your throttle settings?

I can post mine if you'd like.

I use a relative setting so I can adjust and return to the detent. Minor adjustments are possible. Edited by *Filed_Teeth
  • Upvote 1

Is there a list yet of what models and brands of flight sticks that can be used with the PS4?

I have a Thrustmaster flight stick that got for my PC and also to use on my PS3. I am not of the

model, but when I bought my PS4 I was told that you couldn't use flight sticks.

Thanks

Is there a list yet of what models and brands of flight sticks that can be used with the PS4?

I have a Thrustmaster flight stick that got for my PC and also to use on my PS3. I am not of the

model, but when I bought my PS4 I was told that you couldn't use flight sticks.

Thanks

Your flight stick should work.

Just plug it in to the PS4 then go to menu / controls / basic and see if you can bind a function to one or your flight sticks buttons and an axis.

If you can, it works.

Have fun!  :good:

Edited by PureGT_Muzz
  • Upvote 1

Hi guys, 

What flight stick would you say is a good buy, tried playing air battles for a bit when 1st downloaded War Thunder months ago but it's no good with the DS4. So stuck to ground forces since available on PS4 . Thought I would try air battles again the other day but it's still hard going with the DS4 so would you think a flight stick would benefit or ride it out with DS4 many thanks guys.

Hi guys, 

What flight stick would you say is a good buy, tried playing air battles for a bit when 1st downloaded War Thunder months ago but it's no good with the DS4. So stuck to ground forces since available on PS4 . Thought I would try air battles again the other day but it's still hard going with the DS4 so would you think a flight stick would benefit or ride it out with DS4 many thanks guys.

I would wait till Gijin / Sony get their s#$@ together and optimize the game for flight sticks on PS4. There will probably be FS available for the PS4 when that happens. If you plan on using a FS on arcade, you will be at a disadvantage. Just my 2c 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I would wait till Gijin / Sony get their s#$@ together and optimize the game for flight sticks on PS4. There will probably be FS available for the PS4 when that happens. If you plan on using a FS on arcade, you will be at a disadvantage. Just my 2c 

Thanks mate for the info might pull the trigger on the Thrustmaster in a few weeks or maybe see what happens in the next update. As for the game mode only play SB and RB, mostly SB in tanks, because 9 times out of 10 get bombed travelling out of spawn.When i've tried planes I prefer RB.but SB seems impossible with DS4.cheers

You would think that Sony at least when it developed the PS4 it would have included the use of an FS. I was able

to use an FS with my PS3 while playing ACE COMBAT. I guess they figured everybody wanted to drive cars and

knockout each other that way. The DS4 taking getting use to, but I would rather use an FS instead, it is easier

to maneuver with. I would like to see the the PS4 users get all the same options and setups as those who play

the game on PC. I hope it all happens real soon this is a great game.

I've seen it confirmed in multiple places that the Thrustmaster Flight X and Flight X HOTAS both work (with hat exception).

Does anyone have any experience with the Saitek x52 or x52 pro?  The flight x hotas are getting hard to find all of a sudden and the x52 appears to be the next step up in price and precision. 

Also, I've got an old Saitek Cyborg 3D lying around in a box that I can't seem to find for the life of me.  Does anyone know if they work?  If not, please let me know.  I can abort my search.

Feedback on the using the Cyborg F.L.Y. 5 is also greatly appreciated.

Edited by *britter440

I was looking at the FS i had bought a while back and saw that it wasn't a Thrustmaster, but a Logitech for

my PC. I have been trying to keep up with the different discussions about compatible FS's for the PS4. So far

it sounds like the Saitek AV8R-03 and the T.Flight Hotas X are the best bets so far. I have found out that these

two FS's where originally setup for both PC and PS3 systems. I have called Playstation to see if these will still

work and told them about how some of you have been able to do it. Well they thought I was full of whatever a

cow had left on the trail. I feel if the FS's that worked on PS3 should still work on PS4, I mean what it the difference

they didn't need drivers back then and that are still using USB connections. So my question to those who know,

is would it be worth it to buy one of the two FS's or wait far updates ( whenever that may occur )?.

:dntknw:  8/s  :facepalm:

[SNIP] would it be worth it to buy one of the two FS's or wait far updates ( whenever that may occur )?.

I can only speak for the AV8R-03.

Yes you are right, the AV8R-03 was produced for PS3/PC. The AV8R-02 was produced for Xbox360/PC. There are differences in the buttons and axis. As War Thunder is not available on Xbox360 or XboxONE there is no point having a control preset sheet for the AV8R-02 in the PS4 version of War Thunder. It should be a preset sheet for the AV8R-03.

I think the AV8R-03 is a reasonable entry level stick and for the price does the job ok. The main reason I use it is because I am left handed on the stick. Other sticks have the throttle on the left but that is no good for me. The AV8R-03 has the throttle in a central position so I am able to use it.

I see no harm in a small outlay to purchase this stick before any updates to the controls on the PS4 version of War Thunder.

Having said that I am sure that the other sticks that will currently work with War Thunder are probably just as good, if not better sticks than the AV8R-03. But a better stick costs more money so I would wait until the control updates for the PS4 version of War Thunder are completed and there is some feedback available from the players before buying a more costly stick.

The main thing is to make sure the POV hat switch works with your chosen stick and War Thunder. We have been told that the current problems with POV hat switches in the current PS4 version of War Thunder should be fixed http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/170336-ps4-version-usb-flight-sticks-compatibility/#entry3197682 in the next patch.

BTW if you get an AV8R-03 look me up, I have all the sticks axis and buttons as well as the keyboard bindings sorted. I will help you set up.

Just my 2 cents, I hope it helps you.

Edited by PureGT_Muzz