QuarterNinjaCM

War Thunder Player Council - Introduction

1may.jpg

Dear War Thunder players and community Members,

Recently, we made a promise to you that we would take steps to improve the communication between the Gaijin staff and developers, and you, the War Thunder community. After much deliberation and discussion, we have come up with what we believe to be an excellent step toward achieving this.

Today, we present to you, The War Thunder Player Council! This will be a player elected council which will be a voice for the player community to express their wishes and opinions to Gaijin. This council will be an institution created by the community, and for the community. Council members will be in direct communication with the Community Management team and the Gaijin developers.

All details concerning the War Thunder Player Council can be found in the linked Pdf file. More information about this will be posted in the near future. WTPC Guide.pdf

• Upvote 77

Eligibility
Potential candidates must adhere to the following conditions:
[..]
3. Have a proven record of being helpful to the community [..]

and there goes 95% of the player base - not eligable :lol:

• Upvote 49
medal medal medal

6. Being constructive in all previous community involvement whilst not having a history 
of punishments or bad behaviour.

Seems a few people I'd vote for are gone from the start. Meh. Edited by slavoyew
  • Upvote 29
medal medal medal medal

I'm looking forward to this new feature.

I hope the most important issues with this game will be finally solved.

+1

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Why NDA? Assume the Council will be privy to pre-release info. There will be times where the community asks for something and the answer they are given is based on non-publicly disclosed information. Then the council tells us that the answer is yes or no but that they cannot elaborate further. But at least we know the question was asked or that the request was made. 

If this opens the lines of communication and gets some serious effort behind fixing the BR and MM issues, I am all for it!  

Based on the rules in the document, I think that anyone elected will need to reach out to the community to make certain that <21 year olds and less than perfect track record members views are reflected. 

QUESTION- why does this thread not show up in the View New Content list? I had to specifically go into the Official Forum and dig to locate it.

Edited by Inig0_Montoya
  • Upvote 6
medal

I think it is very disappointing modes dont have dedicated reprasentives. How is the SB community supposed to vote somebody in who can speak for our mode, when our player number is in the minority and we dont get a dedicated SB slot?

Now we can really just hope Bismarck makes it and brings up a lot of the special SB issues. Gaijin really turned this into a popularity/fan contest of youtubers after all

Edited by Juliet_Six
  • Upvote 70
medal medal medal

Finally something

So if this is about communication, why would the council need to sign an NDA, if the council are being informed of things the community aren't allowed to know, what's the point in their existence?

They communicate with Devs but there are things that are WIP and devs are waiting for the right time to announce that probably

• Upvote 6
medal

I dont understand this council thing. I was thinking Community Managers were the ones in charge to comunicate community issues to Gaijin. If that is not working how putting another layer between Gaijin and the players is going to fix that?

• Upvote 13

" 7. Anyone who has previously signed an NDA with Gaijin, including employees and volunteers current and past, interns, family members of Gaijin employees, as well as other gaming company employees, affiliates and partners, are ineligible for a place in the WTPC."

Well that excludes a lot too, CBT players, bb :D

• Upvote 8
medal medal

Bismarck for SB representative  

Please don't ignore these representatives and what they bring forward. If they bring a point up heavily supported by the forum then give the whole community a chance to know about this point and so if they choose they can have their say. I'm saying this because the polls in the general discussion area have seem to be totally ignored after the majority voted for a change in BR yet the devs now want to go back to an even worse state.  

Edited by Pyroaves
  • Upvote 12
medal