TacticalBurrito

New to Warthunder? Stop on in C:

485 posts in this topic

Okay, Ace questions welcome? Good deal.

I am not "new" in that I signed up a while back, but didn't play much as I was still pretty wrapped up in WoT. That said when I did play I had a hard time spotting tanks and not getting spotted and killed at long range. Yup, typical new player stuff. What got me was even knowing something was there I couldn't quite make it out. Is there a colorblind feature to change the red markers and text to blue? That would help immensely. Also is there a good way to hook up with experienced players? I'm not sure solo play is as effected in WT than WoT. I used to play with clans a lot, but the better clans were demanding of time and I'm just not willing to dedicate that much to playing when I could be out doing other things. That was not intended as a slight, but if real life friends want to hang I'm outta here.

Thanks for your time!

10 minutes ago, Webtroll said:

Okay, Ace questions welcome? Good deal.

I am not "new" in that I signed up a while back, but didn't play much as I was still pretty wrapped up in WoT. That said when I did play I had a hard time spotting tanks and not getting spotted and killed at long range. Yup, typical new player stuff. What got me was even knowing something was there I couldn't quite make it out. (1.)Is there a colorblind feature to change the red markers and text to blue? That would help immensely. (2.)Also is there a good way to hook up with experienced players? I'm not sure solo play is as effected in WT than WoT. I used to play with clans a lot, but the better clans were demanding of time and I'm just not willing to dedicate that much to playing when I could be out doing other things. That was not intended as a slight, but if real life friends want to hang I'm outta here.

Thanks for your time!

Hello @Webtroll,

I've answered your questions below to the best of my knowledge. Refer to the above quote for the guide to the numbers.

1. I do not believe so. If there is, it would be a setting in the options. I'll go have a look around.
  2. A good way to hook up with experienced players is right here on the forum! You can go to the Looking for a Squadron section to find players & squadrons to play with. If you'd like experienced players, mention in your thread that you are looking for those types of players.

I hope I could help.

Cheers :salute:

Edited by TheElite96

New to WT and wanted to introduce myself.

I'm a 38 year old combat veteran who enjoys blowing off steam playing WT. I play on the PS4 and engage in arcade battles for Tanks, Aircraft, and Navy. 

I am looking for a squadron, am level 11 in game, and play approximatley 10-20 hours a week regularly on US servers in the Arizona time zone.

My in game handle is BeerBellyAbs79. Please fee free to send me an invite, give me advice and pointers, or join me as I work on spading vehicles and aircraft for all countries.

Fair Winds and Following Seas. 

1 hour ago, *BeerBellyAbs79 said:

I'm a 38 year old combat veteran who enjoys blowing off steam playing WT. I play on the PS4 and engage in arcade battles for Tanks, Aircraft, and Navy. 

I am looking for a squadron, am level 11 in game, and play approximatley 10-20 hours a week regularly on US servers in the Arizona time zone.

My in game handle is BeerBellyAbs79. Please fee free to send me an invite, give me advice and pointers, or join me as I work on spading vehicles and aircraft for all countries.

Welcome to the game, and thank you for your service sir! :salute:

We always welcome combat veterans and citizens alike to our game. If you need any help at all, feel free to ask!

Edited by TheElite96

On 2/24/2017 at 9:44 PM, *BeerBellyAbs79 said:

Salut!

Welcome to War Thunder and the forums! Elite said it perfectly, combat veterans are always welcome to War Thunder!

If you have any questions or need for tricks and tutorials, The Academy is perfect for you!

Since you're looking for a squadron, here is the best place to look. Just make sure you fulfill their requirements, if they have any, before applying.

Happy flying! :B10:

~Keebird

Posted (edited)

Hi Guys. just stopped in to see if I was allowed to post again. See you Guys on the battlefield.

Edited by polygobble

On 3/15/2017 at 11:48 AM, polygobble said:

Hi Guys. just stopped in to see if I was allowed to post again. See you Guys on the battlefield.

Salut!

Welcome back to the posting life!

Happy flying! :B10:

~Keebird