This plane is a redesigned Ta 152H-0 with Jumo 213E (instead of Jumo 213F of the last Ta 152H-0)

A small number of Ta 152H-0s were delivered in the spring of 1945 to the Geschwader Stab of JG 301

According to this Ta 152H-0 was a Fw 190D/Ta 152 variants which was (unlike the D-12 or D-13) put in production.

Named Fw 190 V32/U2 had just a other (but very similiar) engine an other armament.

The plane is the test bed for the MG 213 (20mm). It's the preccedor of the ADEN and M 39 cannons of the F-86F-2.

The gun has a weight of 75kg, fires 1200-1400rpm and has a muzzle velocity of 1065m/s. This makes it to the most powerful 20mm cannon of the war. Other sources show a muzzle velocity just of 915m/s and a projectile weight of 0.191kg. (the MG 151 projectiles had a weight around 0,115kg)

The plane would be performance-wise not better a lot better than the Fw 190D-9, but it used a outstanding armament.

fw-190v-32uufsz.jpg

It's likely a photo of the Fw 190 V32. (http://aviarmor.net/aww2/_photo_aircraft/f_ger/Fw-190/FW-190V-32.jpg)

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Waffen/bordwaffen.htm

http://www.airwar.ru/weapon/guns/mg213c.html

Books: Focke-Wulf Fw 190 & Ta 152 Part 2

Profile: The Focke Wulf Fw 190D/Ta 152 Series

Both books are really good sources, but probally only hard or impossible to get (especially because my Grandfather bought them around 1970)

• Upvote 91
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Thank you for the suggestion!  :salute:

So the idea is to add the prototype testbed for the prototype MG 213 cannon? While the weapon is indeed interesting, I'm not entirely convinced this aircraft would be necessarily needed. Nevertheless, open for discussion.  :yes:

(And yes, it's a very cool find.)  :yes:

• Upvote 12

So the idea is to add the prototype testbed for the prototype MG 213 cannon? While the weapon is indeed interesting, I'm not entirely convinced this aircraft would be necessarily needed. Nevertheless, open for discussion.  :yes:

Exactly.

The Ta 152H-0 was put in production according to the source. So this would mean the Ta 152H-0 is not a prototype and would be needed ingame (every non-prototype should be implemented ingame)

The Ta 152H-0 would be similiar to the H-1 though, although worse performance.

So I thought a Ta 152H-0 with a outstanding and completely new armament would be a good suggestion and replacement for the normal Ta 152H-0.

(And yes, it's a very cool find.)   :yes:

Thanks  :salute:

Time by time I'll suggest more of such planes (no failures like XP-67, only successful designs)

Ta 152B-5 and C-3 are already suggested though. So not a lot good/interesting Ta 152/Fw 190D desings are left. xD

Edited by GreekFirethrower
  • Upvote 1

On the 11th November 1943, the V-32 was modified and flown with a DB603 engine. 

Around the 30.12.1943, the "Fw 190 V32 0 057" recived a 500mm tail-extension (so that it looked like a Ta 152).

It reached 580 km/h on ground level with n=2700 rpm and 686 km/h in 6750m height with n = 2500 rpm. That was a little slower as the Fw 190 V-15 which flew 2 years earlier.

Weapons: None. (Another source indicates 2x MG 151) Planned: 2x MG151 and 1x Mk 108 in the engine. Umbausatz for 2x Mk 108s below the wings

(Both speed tests count for the DB 603 S-1 without turbine).

In May 1944, Tank flew it to Rechlin, where it had to do some high altitude tests. After that, in  August, they put the DB 603 E and later the 603 G (which both were more powerfull than the Jumo 213 engines) for testing purposes.

The results:

Despite the 190 C-2 tail and the 500mm extension, the high altitude performance was bad. Both axis had stability issues and the plane was prone to effects from outside. The vertical rudder also caused problems.

After the installation of the 4 bladed wooden propeller, the plane wanted to nose down all the time and it had to be rolled (around on the airfield) very carefully.

The pressurized cabin however worked excellent. In 10km altitude, the pressure inside the cabin was like at 5900m altitude.

The Fw 190 H (which would have been the serial production), was on par with the Fw 190 A with the BMW 801 engine on low altitude and mid altitude, but better at higher altitudes. The V-32 was used as a testbed for the Fw 190 H (as it is the same plane) with DB 603 engines.

The DB 603 E, G and DB 603 S-1 without turbine were tested.

However, the RLM said no and the Fw 190 H did not enter production.

Focke Wulf changed the name to Ta 152 for this plane.

The V-32 was the last V Modell in 1944 with an DB 603 engine. The others already got converted to Jumo 213 engines.

On 15.8.1944, the V-32 flew for the last time befor it got converted to the Ta 152 H.

Source: Focke Wulf Höhenjäger - Dietmar Hermann

It doesn't state the MG 213 anywhere in this book

medal medal medal medal medal

The V-32 was the last V Modell in 1944 with an DB 603 engine. The others already got converted to Jumo 213 engines.

On 15.8.1944, the V-32 flew for the last time befor it got converted to the Ta 152 H.

Because the description stops, when it was redesigned to Ta 152H-0.

The Fw 190 V32/U2 was a Ta 152H-0 with Jumo 213E (instead of Jumo 213F of the other Ta 152H-0s).

It was modified after the redesignation to Ta 152H-0 with Jumo 213E and MK 213/20.

The last Ta 152H-0 prototype was the Fw 190 V32/U1 which was powered by a Jumo 213F engine. This was later re-build as the Fw 190 V32/U2 with Jumo 213E engine and the MK 213 cannon

Source: Profile: The Focke Wulf Fw 190D/Ta 152 Series

It doesn't state the MG 213 anywhere in this book

Probally you should read more than just the first part of the Fw 190Ds xD

• Upvote 2

Because the description stops, when it was redesigned to Ta 152H-0.

The Fw 190 V32/U2 was a Ta 152H-0 with Jumo 213E (instead of Jumo 213F of the other Ta 152H-0s).

It was modified after the redesignation to Ta 152H-0 with Jumo 213E and MK 213/20.

Source: Profile: The Focke Wulf Fw 190D/Ta 152 Series

Probally you should read more than just the first part of the Fw 190Ds xD

Well, this book is not exactly about all, but just the "Höhenjäger" Project, which includeds A-3/U7, B-1 and B-2, C-0, C-1 and C-2, the Fw 190 H's some V-models and a short page about the Ta-152 H-0.

Sadly, the other books about Fw 190&Ta 152 which I wanted to buy, don't get delivered from Germany to Austria because ... you know, culutural difference, different language, different way to live ... Austria doesn't even have a border to Germany. (I hate german companies who do that).

But, I am glad that your books keep telling the history of the V-32, because I want the MG 213 ingame! :D

• Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal medal

Well, this book is not exactly about all, but just the "Höhenjäger" Project, which includeds A-3/U7, B-1 and B-2, C-0, C-1 and C-2, the Fw 190 H's some V-models and a short page about the Ta-152 H-0.

Sadly, the other books about Fw 190&Ta 152 which I wanted to buy, don't get delivered from Germany to Austria because ... you know, culutural difference, different language, different way to live ... Austria doesn't even have a border to Germany. (I hate german companies who do that).

But, I am glad that your books keep telling the history of the V-32, because I want the MG 213 ingame! :D

I'm German :D

I have both english books from my Grandfather, no idea from where he get them (espcially because this was 1970 even more difficult)

He was really technical interested in such stuff, for example he visited every sunday the construction of "our" nuclear power plant.

We have a lot of such technical books about German WW2 aircrafts.

I have even a japanese book about all Me 109s variants, hopefully his translation is not lost...

I just started too look through these books and because I really like the Fw 190D/Ta 152 series I started with this small book. xD

• Upvote 1

i want both Fw190s the one which Greek wants and the C series form wotertool!

Give us the Luftwaffe Mustang ;D

is it really that hard for us austrians to get a simpel book over the border?

medal

Yes please

EDIT: Can confirm, the V32 is mentioned as a MG 213 testbed:

92pu5IE.png

You are using exactly the same source ;)

In my second book it's also mentioned.

Also, I want to add something for the MK 213/20:

According to this site (http://www.airwar.ru/weapon/guns/mg213c.html) the 20mm shell has a weight of 191g. In comparison the 20mm M39 revolver cannons of the F-86F-2 have a weight of around 100g (according to wikipedia).

So we can expect this will be the most powerful 20mm (ADEN and DEFA are 30mm)

Also, the modifcation with MK 213 was just a trial. The plane itself was basically a Ta 152H-0, which was out of prototype stage. 

So these arguments with "it's just a prototype" doesn't count really...

Also:

In these duties [to protect Me 262 while starting and landing from allied fighters], the H model was extremely successful

Focke-Wulf Fw 190 & Ta 152 Part 2

According to this the Ta 152H-0 was also capable to fight allied planes at mid-low altitude, ingame we really need such German planes (Me 109G-10/K-4/K-14 are only good at high/mid altitude)

• Upvote 1

OH WHAT

4-BLADED 190

This is pure awesomeness along with the K-14(4-bladed 109)

http://www.airwar.ru/enc/fww2/fw190bc.html

Fw 190B was also 4-bladed. It was a Fw 190A with modified engine and GM-1 for high altitude.

The Fw 190 V32 was at first a Fw 190C (this is the plane on the picture), later modified as Ta 152H-0 and equipped with MK 213. I'm not sure if it has after the modifikation to Ta 152H-0 and Jumo 213E still a 4-bladed propeller though.

EDIT: I was wrong. The Fw 190 V32 on the picture is the U1 according to the sources of the picture. This was according to my sources the last Ta 152H-0 prototype. The Fw 190 V32/U1 was later rebuild with Jumo 213E and MK 213, renamed to Fw 190 V32/U2.

Nevertheless I didn't found a picture of the V32/U2 with MK 213.

On the 11th November 1943, the V-32 was modified and flown with a DB603 engine.

The Fw 190 H (which would have been the serial production), was on par with the Fw 190 A with the BMW 801 engine on low altitude and mid altitude, but better at higher altitudes. The V-32 was used as a testbed for the Fw 190 H (as it is the same plane) with DB 603 engines.

The DB 603 E, G and DB 603 S-1 without turbine were tested.

However, the RLM said no and the Fw 190 H did not enter production.

Focke Wulf changed the name to Ta 152 for this plane.

So from what you're saying this would be a DB603 powered Ta-152 with rotary 20s, any idea on power output and full throttle heights?

My reasoning for this question is that this may well end up notably more powerful in WT then the current Ta-152 because of the weapons and better engine performance in key combat altitudes( aka lower ). Might make for a nice BR 6.3 prop that'd help smooth out top tier props and low tier jets for the Germans.

So from what you're saying this would be a DB603 powered Ta-152 with rotary 20s, any idea on power output and full throttle heights?

My reasoning for this question is that this may well end up notably more powerful in WT then the current Ta-152 because of the weapons and better engine performance in key combat altitudes( aka lower ). Might make for a nice BR 6.3 prop that'd help smooth out top tier props and low tier jets for the Germans.

The version with MK 213 was not a DB 603 powered Ta 152H.

He's speaking about the Fw 190 V32 before it was modifed to Ta 152H-0 with Jumo 213E and used as test bed for MK 213.

The current Ta 152H-1 in WT would have better performance irl than the Ta 152H-0 (the Fw 190 V32 is a Ta 152H-0). Ingame the H-1 is terribly crippled, in RB (without manual engine control. I don't know how good is a SB player with the Ta 152H-1 though) I'm not able to reach with it more than 700km/h at 9100m, although 748km/h should be possible (without GM-1. This could be used as boost too at higher altitudes)

WOW, nice find! +1 :salute:

this is a really good find, never knew the MG213 was tested on a aircraft, and it is a very big surprise that i hear it was tested, but the best thing about it:

it was tested on a Kurt Tank plane!

this plane, along side of the Ta 152c-series and maybe some day the B-5 would have the most scary arnament in the game on single prop planes!

i just can't believe it, just wow!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

btw, should i make a signature from this plane, to advertise it?

like how i did with the Ta 152C3 and B5. more upvotes, is quicker recognition for the devs=wil be implemented quicker. ;)s

edit:

made one!, everybody can use it!

eZy4xoK.jpg

Edited by BananaVG
medal medal medal

The question is, will this be a premium or no? Since we all know the price of Tier IV premiums this will be very expensive and potentially P2W due to the raw performance of the plane itself

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The question is, will this be a premium or no? Since we all know the price of Tier IV premiums this will be very expensive and potentially P2W due to the raw performance of the plane itself

the performance is not that great, quite average.

but the cannon.. woa

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

I'd support this as premium since there is actually one existing plane with Mk213 cannons.

medal medal medal medal

I'm pretty sure a FW 190 with a Masuer MG 213 is exactly what we need, unlike you i am entirely convinced  ;)s

Helezhelm, on 19 Jul 2014 - 7:27 PM, said:
I'd support this as premium since there is actually one existing plane with Mk213 cannons.

How about no, as it would easily cost 7000 GE and we already have I-185s in the standard trees. 

Edited by Ottobon
  • Upvote 2