Scarper

Lassar responds - Current and Future aircraft and their Armament/Damage Models. NO TANKS! (╮°-°)┳┳ ( ╯°□°)╯┻┻

Hi Lassar, only one question today:
Last patch Bf109f4 lost its 2x20mm. The community was angry, u gave sources, community read them and they were wrong and also said that the 2x20mm were right. I am german and read them also and know that they say this.
Now some days are gone and here is my question: What have u done with it and when will it be back( hopefully as fast as u removed them)?
  • Upvote 2

Im sorry if this has been asked before but now that p51's are getting unstacked, will the p-51 d30 get its M3 guns and 150 octane fuel? It clearly is post war variant judging by the default camo so it would be logical to give it its historical performance. This also would spice up Americas late tier 4, because 150 octane fuel would make p-51 very competitive plane for BR 5.7 in RB.

There will be P-51H... Why do you nned 150 octan fuel after that? M3... I hope to find time to tup it in 1.43

Because historically the P-51D's used 150 octane. That is why they should have it ingame.

More info here:
http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/121536-150-octane-fuel-please/#entry2335957

The current P-51D in game only produces 1560hp at 2300m vs the V-1650-7 in real life produced 1660hp(67"Hg) at 2300m. The mustang we should have is the P-51D 150 octane fuel. Which should be producing 1868hp at 2300m... We are missing 300hp. With that extra 300hp the P-51D would be climbing at 22.14m/s(75"Hg) vs 19.2m/s(67"Hg). 

Anyways, its really about the time the Americans get their 150 fuel for the P-51D-**(1868hp) Mustang, P-47D-2*(2600hp) Thunderbolt and the hopefully the upcoming P-38J-**(2x2000hp) Lightening. Also if we do get the 150 octane fuel our aircraft should be extremely expensive to maintain and fly. P-51D-** should cost 15,000 lions, P-47D-2* is should be the most expensive single engine WW2 fighter 22,000 lions(26,000 lions for the N model) and 25,000 lions for the P-38J/L. 

and here:
http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/121536-150-octane-fuel-please/page-3#entry2588189

the current P51 config is the introductory 1943 config, which was succeeded by the 150 octane Mustang running at 72-75 Ins. Hg. in April of 44', if we were to go by historical match-ups the current in-game P51 shouldn't see anything later than a FW190A8 (Feb.44) no ME262, D9, D12 ect.

Note that: Despite the P51 designations D5, D20 ect. on the in-game P51s, they are just that, designations, currently without the actual content/improvements that goes with those designation.

If not as part of the stock plane, a tier 4 upgrade for the P-51D-5 and P-51D-20 NA (which is gift/premium, so it'd have it default i guess), but should be stock on F-51D-30.

The P-51H is not a factor in how the P-51D or F-51D should be treated, it's a different plane. Like comparing an Il-2 to an Il-10.
  • Upvote 6
medal medal

Hi Lassar,

To bring up about the Ki-91 again, would perhaps you consider the Ki-91 if we could provide you with more data on it? I just feel that to consider an aircraft a paper plane, comes down to opinion;

- if an aircraft was built, just not flown, does that make it a paper plane? For example, the Ki-94 II?

- If an aircraft was built, but not complete, does that make it a paper plane? For example the Ki-91

It seems everyone looks at paper planes differently, and i question what stage of production of an aircraft you would consider a paper plane, to where it should not come in?

Regards Cherry

Data regarding The Ki-91;

Engine Performance from Hiromachi

Take-off power : 2,300HP/2,600RPM / Boost +500mmHg
Military Power : 2,130HP/2,500RPM / +300mmHg at 1,600m
1,750HP/2,500RPM / +300mmHg at 8,300m

These are from 'The X-planes of Imperial Japanese Army & Navy 1924-45'

[spoiler]OD8sNZo.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler]1VFYwMI.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler]SAFwylJ.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ooMrib3.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler]HXFRxfu.jpg[/spoiler]

From 'Japanese aircraft of the Pacific War' p.484

[spoiler]GwgfUJC.jpg[/spoiler]

From http://www.sjac.or.jp/common/pdf/kaihou/201002/20100203.pdf

[spoiler]Over all length:33.35m, Height:10.00m, Wing span:48.00m, Wing Area:224.0m2, Empty:34000kg, MTOW:58000kg, Max Speed:580km/h(@10,000m). Service ceiling:13500m, Range:9000km. Engine:Mitsubishi HA214 LU 2,500hp at take off: Crew:8, Armament:20mm cannon×12; Bomb:4,000kg~8,000kg[/spoiler]

From 'Japanese Secret Projects:Experimental Aircraft of the IJA & IJN 1939-1945'

[spoiler]HPLIXrI.png[/spoiler]

From Secret Projects

[spoiler]Kawasaki Ki-91 long range heavy bomber

Length : 33.35 m 
Height : 10.00 m
Span : 48.00 m
Wing area : 224.0 m²
Aspect ratio : 10.3
Wing cross section : Laminar flow wing
Empty weight : 34,000 kg

Gross weight : 58,000 kg
Maximum speed : 570 km/h (at 10,000 m)
Service ceiling : 13,500 m
Time climb to 8,000 m: 20minutes 30seconds
Range : 9,000 km(with 4ton bomb)
Over 10,000km(without bomb) 
Engine : Mitsubishi HA214Ru turbo charged air cooling radial 18cylinders(2,500 hp × 4)
Propeller : constant speed, 4 blades, diameter 4.4 m
Fuel :27,500ℓ(the wing contained almost fuel) 
Crews : 8

Armaments : 20 mm cannon × 12、Bomb : 8,000 kg(max) [/spoiler]

From '50 years memory of aircrafts design by Takeo Doi, Kantosha, ISBN4-87357-014-X C0053 P2890E'

[spoiler]eZQnOUf.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

R35i4RT.jpg[/spoiler]

Original Drawings of the Ki-91 (in a bad resolution) I believe this is from a museum, however i am not sure

[spoiler]8l15ewR.jpg[/spoiler]

Edited by CherryBlossom
  • Upvote 10
medal

Hi lassar,

Will the new lend-lease p-47 for Russia have bomb and rocket racks? Will this plane be priced near the same as the b-25 and other tier 3 planes or will it have a bigger price tag because of the multiple capabilities?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Hey Lassar who would i go bug about the disproportianate dmg the k-102 takes on it's elevators when facing an enemy with the entire plane in between the shooter?

• Upvote 1

100th PAGE

tumblr_mj9f7dOMpD1r459ngo1_500.gif

• Upvote 18
medal

Do Chance-Vought's F6U and F7U have a chance to get into the game?

Edited by Trollgunner
medal medal medal

What about those magic dust storms while hitting the target with mk 103 HVAP ammo?

For now they are random, even if you hit the tank itself, there is that big dark cloud of dust, unlike the real ones. (You saw the clip )

Any news?

Edited by swirekster
medal

How are going to be reworked the AP bombs?

And the recoil?

The A6M3 whit cliped wings have (when I unlocked) a green camo from an event, but next parch was removed whit the actual white.
Why dont put it as unlockable skin?
Can return soon?
I am nostalgic whit that skin O.Q

Finally the persistent mission will come whit 1,43 or whit the next minor parch?

Torpedoes will have some boost, at leats when attack carriers? (difficulty, only one try, but need the same amount of kg)
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

Are there any plans to buff German bombs ? As a player of all nations its incredibly noticeable that german explosives have worse damage per KG / LB then their Western and Eastern counterparts.

Edited by TheAceOfAces
  • Upvote 2
medal

Has it been taken into account that the Ho-229 didn't fly with 100% power during trials and thus should have even higher top speed?

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal

Lassar, will the J2M5 and A7M use the Type 99-2 Mod 5 cannon? It was introduced in May 1945, and would have been fitted on all Navy aircraft made after that date. It was a marked improvement over previous versions of the cannon.

On this website (http://www.quarryhs.co.uk/OeFFL.htm) Anthony G. Williams writes:

"The next, and last, Japanese improvement was a significant reworking of the mechanism to increase the rate of fire, in the Model 5. It is probable that the yoke was further lightened and the mainspring weakened, because some powerful buffer springs were added to the back of the weapon. The idea seems to have been that the lighter yoke and mainspring allowed the bolt to be thrust back more quickly, while at the end of the recoil stroke the buffer springs kicked the bolt violently forwards. The net effect was an increase in the rate of fire to 675-750 rpm, plus probably an increase in the peak recoil blow (although given the recoil-smoothing effect of the APIB design, it would still have recoiled more smoothly than other types). This was an impressive performance, but the gun was too late to see action. A photograph of the Type 99-2 Model 5 is shown here; it is the lower of the two Type 99-2s, and the buffer springs are visible at the back."

Here's the picture the quote refers to:

JOerlikonsa.jpg

More info can probably be found in the book Flying Guns World War II, by Anthony G. Williams and Emmanuel Gustin, and Japanese Aircraft Equipment, by Robert C. Mikesh. Edited by Chihayaburu
  • Upvote 6
medal

Why will you not give the P-51D-20 and D-30 the 150 octane that it had IRL?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

wait.....

2)F-82's 8x12.7(M3) additional guns?

2. for sure

iDZzH9r.jpg

F8BWZpw.jpgthis is actually happening. Lassar you have made we a very happy man :)

Lassar (Posted )

that's true
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

hey lassar :salute:

a question about the Ta 152C's

1. will the Ta 152C's get a option to switch guns, the plane was made in such away, that you could simply replace for example the mk108 nose cannon with a mk103 and the other way around.

also the Mg151/20's could be changed to mg151's (at the top of the fuselage and the wing roots)

2. will we get to install mg151/20's or mk108's in the outer wing of the aircraft, or even install a mk103 gunpod under the outer wing?

3. will the 15mm of the Ta 152C get's it's special tungsten-core ammonition specially made for the aircraft?

aswell as the uranium 30mm rounds for the mk103 (was not really decided on the aircraft, and was actually only used as replacement of tungsten)

How it will look ingame:

The Ta 152C-1 configuration:

1x mk108

4x mg151/20

+

additional mg151/20 or mk108 installed in outerwing, or mk103 gunpod installed under outerwing- you need to research all 3 of these gunpods ofcourse

The Ta 152C-3 configuration:

1x mk103

2x mg151/20 (wing roots)

2x mg151 (on the fuselage)

(note: some sources say 4x mg151)

+

additional mg151/20 or mk108 installed in outerwing, or mk103 gunpod installed under outerwing-^^

The Ta 152C was meant to be a heavy fighter, and should have these arnament options ingame, you can have never enough 'Dakka' ;)s

picture of the arnament locations and such:

hrj8sJn.png

Or, you can have 2 versions of the plane the C-1 and C-3. with the suggested option of the outerwing guns and a gunpod, like i said aboven!

Edited by BananaVG
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal

hey lassar :salute:

a question about the Ta 152C's

1. will the Ta 152C's get a option to switch guns, the plane was made in such away, that you could simply replace for example the mk108 nose cannon with a mk103 and the other way around.

also the Mg151/20's could be changed to mg151's (at the top of the fuselage and the wing roots)

2. will we get to install mg151/20's or mk108's in the outer wing of the aircraft, or even install a mk103 gunpod under the outer wing?

3. will the 15mm of the Ta 152C get's it's special tungsten-core ammonition specially made for the aircraft?

aswell as the uranium 30mm rounds for the mk103 (was not really decided on the aircraft, and was actually only used as replacement of tungsten)

How it will look ingame:

The Ta 152C-1 configuration:

1x mk108

4x mg151/20

+

additional mg151/20 or mk108 installed in outerwing, or mk103 gunpod installed under outerwing- you need to research all 3 of these gunpods ofcourse

The Ta 152C-3 configuration:

1x mk103

2x mg151/20 (wing roots)

2x mg151 (on the fuselage)

(note: some sources say 4x mg151)

+

additional mg151/20 or mk108 installed in outerwing, or mk103 gunpod installed under outerwing-^^

The Ta 152C was meant to be a heavy fighter, and should have these arnament options ingame, you can have never enough 'Dakka' ;)s

picture of the arnament locations and such:

hrj8sJn.png

different planes no pls

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

different planes no pls

slightly modified it.

also doesn't really matter its more about the ammo load, and the gunpods/installed extra guns on the outer wings

medal medal medal

slightly modified it.

also doesn't really matter its more about the ammo load, and the gunpods/installed extra guns on the outer wings

no! my answer is final! ;) i dont want to have the Ta-152C-1 with the C-3 armament cause then just give me the C-3

Edited by woodman_victory
medal medal medal medal

no! my answer is final! ;) i dont want to have the Ta-152C-1 with the C-3 armament cause then just give me the C-3

m8 the are the same goddahm plane...

im gonna find that data were it says that the pilot could basicly swap the cannons and could choose what he wants

medal medal medal

m8 the are the same goddahm plane...

im gonna find that data were it says that the pilot could basicly swap the cannons and could choose what he wants

then find it

medal medal medal medal

He.162 suffers greatly from recoil of 30mm cannins

The same way Yak-9T / K had fuel leaks when they where shooting the cannon? ... Can we get the fuel leaks in game pls? 

And the real question is - > Are we gonna see the Italian tech three till new year? If so how many jet it will get when are u gonna launch it?

• Upvote 1
medal medal

Lassar, i have a few ideas:

1. You said no atomic weapons. Fine, okay i agree, but can we have two conventional bombs named Little Boy and Fat Man? The bombs would like like the atomic bombs did historically, but only be a conventional HE bomb, and model Little Boy to be a 15K lb bomb and Fat Man a 20K lb bomb.

Do you think this is reasonable considering the Lancasters are going to get the Grand Slam?

2. You have said no to the G10N, the Ta 183, and the HG III. I think you should at least test them in the game first, and here's how: Lets say the G10N would be T4, and the HG III and the 183 would be T5. Give them a BR, proper FM, and make them free to everyone who has the tier unlocked, free to repair, free to resupply ammo, but make them give no reward to the pilots. See how they are flown in the game how they perform, etc, and adjust their BRs etc. This is for you to gather information based on their performance. After a few patches (example, if added in 1.49, leave them in game for 1.49 and 1.51) if you decide they are balanced in game, make them a normal aircraft with reward, repair, research things, etc, and if you do not think they fit well performance-wise or something, remove them. Do you think this is acceptable? Take the projected stats for the planes.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal

Hi Lassar,

These are my questions:

Why we have only one kind of SBD bomber? Can we expect in short future the added of models SBD-4 and 5?

Thanks guy ;)

Edited by Tormp
medal medal medal