Scarper

Lassar responds - Current and Future aircraft and their Armament/Damage Models. NO TANKS! (╮°-°)┳┳ ( ╯°□°)╯┻┻

Hi Pilots and Tankers,

in an effort to create more communication with our community and the development team, we have persuaded our friends Lassar and El Barca with promises of cake, to endeavour to fight off the hordes in here, please be gentle, they are gems in our team and don't need to be trolled.

Please keep it relevant and please stick to the topics requested by the guys. Flame, troll, insult, off topic will be removed - no warning.

Please keep it to the topics requested by our guys, anything asked outside of these topics may not receive an answer. Sorry.

Flight Model Questions This Way --------------------------------->

Thank you chaps.o7

• Upvote 85

Hello everyone  salute.png 
Any questions about current and upcoming aircraft, their armament or Damage Model.
You are welcome  kamikadze.png

Every Friday this thread is open for your questions. Answers usually appear during next two days

My answers are on following pages

6, 8, 12, 16, 18, 25, 28, 32, 37, 42, 47, 53, 60, 67, 73, 80, 85, 91, 96, 104, 109, 115, 120, 125, 130, 137, 141, 146

• Upvote 158
medal

The Me 410 B2/U4 had a modification in real life that would take off the 13mm turrets and replace the 20mm cannons with 30mm mk103 cannons while keeping the 50mm bk5 cannon. Can we expect to see this added one day? (it is even talked about on the aircraft's description card in-game)

• Upvote 53
medal medal medal medal

When is B-17's damage model going to be a bit fixed?

Just don't make it possible to kill it in 3 30mm shells. Bombers must not be rekt that easly tho.

Edited by Dell_BlackCatZ
  • Upvote 25

Will there ever be aircraft of minor airforces that took part in ww2? For example: Romania, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia... etc...

• Upvote 27
medal medal

Are there plans to add ability to un jam guns that are inside the cockpit? Like the P38.

• Upvote 15
medal medal medal

Hello and thanks o/

Id like to ask one thing in particular.

In the Teamspeak Q&A, i believe you mentioned that you are looking at the DM of b17s currently.

The transcript then mentioned that you actually look at all DMs of the planes in the game (which i missed in ts apparently ;-;).

Can you share with us how exactly the changes in DMs will happen or what will change?

Will the damage on a plane have a greater effect on its performance? Will cannons/mgs/fires do more damage? Something completly different?

Thanks in advance :3

Edited by G18AkimboPro
  • Upvote 5
medal

What kinds of Italian planes will we see in the future? If any more? Also. Unsure if it is intended to be this way, but is the S.79B(Twin engine varient) DM bugged? Or just very, very weak? Tail controls go out the instant it gets hit.

• Upvote 11
medal medal medal medal

Nevermind aircraft only.

Do you have any plans for German flying boats ? None on relase tree but some existed and could be in game.

Edited by apprehension
  • Upvote 10
medal

Hey guys, quite nice of you to do this. Do you have any info on the IAR 80/81 family of aircrafts? I know that they appear in the "Passed to development" section the the Suggestions forum and I was wondering if it is more or less possible to see them in the game in the near future. Thank you.

• Upvote 11
medal medal medal

Is there a possibility that you could design a new map for the top tier jets? (and not a re-used prop map)

The Korea map we have right now is kinda boring as it is just that map, it'd be nice to have some variety..

• Upvote 19
medal medal medal medal

There are numerous discussions about how the bigger cannons on planes should somehow make the plane hard to control or slow down once fired : can you possibly explain how the 75mm or other big guns effect the flying characteristics when fired, especially on single seat fighters ?

(and thanks in advance for any answers- good idea to do this)

Edited by Querulous1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Is there a chance to look into alternative ways to implement limitations for engine (over)boosting?

Tying it in with thermodynamics is not very realistic. I know you want to limit people to what manual said, but as a result the thermodynamics are not realistic and the ways we deal with it (like shock cooling the engine so we can WEP some more) are even less realistic. One of the problems is that it makes planes perform significantly worse with automatic engine controls, because the automatic engine AI opens the radiator when it shouldn't, and so it's impossible to get, for instance, accurate maximum level flight speed on automatic control.

Can you try to think of an alternative solution? In old Aces High, you had a strict counter after which the emergency power shut off. Perhaps - you could fine the pilots (with 75% of repair cost maybe) if it's exceeded, while modeling overheating in situations where planes really did overheat (like slow maximum power climbs on most radials of the day, and some inlines too had cooling issues which are well documented)?

[spoiler]

The durations listed in the manuals should be taken as (strong) recommendations and not hard limits. I have read of no pilot throttling down to military or cruise while being actively pursued by an enemy fighter.

RAF Pilot's notes general dated April 1943 say - ( I do have a full copy):

page 26

"These figures provide a general guide to the reasonable use of the engine. In combat and emergency other considerations may justify the pilot in disregarding these restrictions."

[/spoiler]

(My second issue is with the battle rating system usage in Simulator mode, but that's more of a problem with game design, and not flight modeling as such)

Edited by Cpt_Branko
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal

We know there will be changes to the DM of bombers.. will there also be changes to the FM? for example yesterday my A26 got outturned by a B17..

Also: When will we see new A26s? Sooner or later? Will they be in the tree?

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Perhaps a question that can't be answered right now, but what are the jets planned/considered for the Italians, when/if they get their tree? Imports (Canadair Sabre, Vampire, etc.) or local designs that are past the cutoff date, but don't have gamebreaking  performance (Aerfer Sagittario 2, Fiat G.91)?

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

So is this for both Lassar and ElBarca? The OP and Lassar's response aren't exactly made today. Anyway, questions:

- When will MG131's and Browning M2's be fixed?

- Will we ever see a fix for the Komet/Ki-200 landing bug?

- Will we see more complex damage models for planes like we have for tanks? For example disabling the guns or cupolas of a bomber in addition to just the gunners themselves?

- Will G-force limitations ever be made for gunners?

- What is your reason for ignoring my suggestion to be able to remove the headrest on the Me 262's?

• Upvote 34

Another question :

Is the Me 410 B6/R3 going to be fixed? The problem that if it gets a hit or a pinky wing and it's almost completely control-less is a bit annoying

BTW waw. Sooo many questions.

• Upvote 2

First of all hello.

When will you guys give the PBY the correct armament?

The front 30 cal turret should have 2 MGs instead of one.(On same turret)

If not, I wanna know the reason why the PBY got only 1 front turret MG?

• Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal

Lassar are you actually J.A.R.V.I.S.?

Hi thanks for doing this, I plan to play this game for a long time so my question is:

Are the first Generation Jets your limit with this game, or will you eventually (of course in the long run) also add 2nd or even 3rd Gen Jet Aircraft?

We could just use their Cannon/MG armament and leave Air-Air Missiles out of it, I personally would be happy with that as long as I get to fly F-4E, MiG-21 etc. :salute:

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Have you developers thought of adding the Yak-3 with the VK-108 engine and the Yak-3U? Or are you developers already working with it?

Edited by Fantail
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal