Scarper

Questions answered by BVV - Ground Forces Development #1

Q. Do you take into account the geometry of the armour plated item when calculating the thickness penetrated, or is the calculation  taken based only on the thickness at the point of impact? (an angled shot unlike a 90 degree shot will have a greater amount of armour to penetrate).  Currently, the Difference will be noticeable on curved armour surfaces, which will lead to greater than in real life penetration. With plain armour plates the result will be the same of course.

A. The Game calculates armour based on armour thickness and angle at which it was hit. We don't take into account curvature of surface which can increase armour a bit.

Q: Can you tell us which references you are using to set up German vehicles? More precisely for the “Panther”. Different books have different technical characteristics, where should we look for the truth?

A: Different references for different vehicles, for the Panther - Spielberger, Doyle and also German technical characteristic documents (please be aware that there are errors and typos in these)

Q: We discovered that certain tanks are able to be penetrated easily by shells that shouldn’t even scratch the armour plate. What is the problem with that?

A: We have located a lot of small bugs like this, when some modules overhang slightly beyond the armour position - its very hard to locate them visually in the program, for example. there are about 50 or so bugs in tracker, so almost every second tank has it. Some of these bugs players haven't encountered, some of them were encountered less than on other tanks. The fix should be coming on the servers with 1.41.29.x

Q: It is good to read about what you, guys are working on, but there is no mention of UI improvements or aircraft?

A: This area is only what I am personally working on or have information about, since I thought that it would be nice to mention these things. I could have forgotten something and I didn’t write anything about planes, for example, but it doesn’t mean that they are not being worked on - it just impossible for me to know about everything. The project is really huge.

Q: That bonus of 1.5 for repair speed seems a bit too small. Is this correct?

A: This is just a number that we have right now. At the moment it is 1.5. There can also be a multiplier on individual vehicle components as well, for example for the barrel, which also we can increase or decrease it.

Q: Can you tell us about how you plan to implement visual camouflage?

A: Roughly like this: you will be able to put foliage or camo-nets on certain areas of your vehicle.

Q: Any plans on reworking the way teams are set up for a battle? Currently one team can have 6 planes and 2 tanks and the other team the other way around.

A: We cannot clarify that yet, but we do have plans to change it.

Second Part Here Ground Forces

Third Part Here Ground Forces

Fourth Part Here Aircraft

Fifth Part Here Aircraft

Sixth Part Here Maps & Missions

Seventh Part Here Maps & Missions

• Upvote 23

Im glad the visual camouflage is back. The screenshots of the sherman with little bushes on its front hull just made it look really cute.

I really hope they remove minimap spotting in SB (and even Rb, maybe...unlikely.) so that this camouflage really does something...

I mean, if they kept the minimap spotting but made it so that visual camouflage would prevent you from being spotted at certain angles, that would be good to, but i would prefer it if the minimap dots were just removed all together...

edit: was it a sherman or a stug with the bushes strapped over it? I forget...

Edited by Facehurt
  • Upvote 6
medal

Yeah just takes time for our spy batdari to trawl the ru site and for our team to translate the info

• Upvote 11

this sounds really cool, can't wait to see how this works out:

A: Roughly like this: you will be able to put foliage or camo-nets on certain areas of your vehicle.

medal medal medal medal medal

Yeah just takes time for our spy batdari to trawl the ru site and for our team to translate the info

ahhh she is awesome to do this for us :salute:

• Upvote 1

shhhh! you want them to find out?

:secret:

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

Good work

Not sure from the answer if camp mans the tank is harder to see in SB or if it means that tanks will be harder to spot so that it is possible they can shoot you before they appear on screen and are revealed (if they are)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hope camo nets and bushes wont block gun traverse......

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Q: Can you tell us which references you are using to set up German vehicles? More precisely for the “Panther”. Different books have different technical characteristics, where should we look for the truth?

A: Different references for different vehicles, for the Panther - Spielberger, Doyle and also German technical characteristic documents (please be aware that there are errors and typos in these)

Does help if you use the correct editions  ;)s

Aka use Spielberger's post 1999 edition not the 1993 edition of "Panther & its variants".... you'll notice some important corrections which seem to have been ignored in-game.

Also Jentz is pretty much the best person to quote concerning panther tanks.

Edited by Baldeagle91
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

This game just obviously favoring Russia.Do I wrong?in the game IS-3 IS-4M T54s almost invincible.but atually the IS-3 122mm tank gun had a bad armour penetration (500 m compared to 160 mm or 10m compared 180mm vertical armour)122mm gun even can't penetrate king tiger's positive armour.but in this game IS-3 IS-4M these god tanks can destroy maus tank so easy.IS-2 T44 that fxxxing 85mm can destroy king tiger easy kills from the front,it's impossible in world war II.This game is very unfair.just a Russian veterans Games.and like I'm stupid enough to consumed 3000$CNY on this game.fix it or I will call my friends quit.my english is so bad but i am try my best to save other play germany USA people.they are so hard to play this game.gaijin wanted to prove russia is powerful in world war II,russian tanks are the ultimate weapon,but anyone knows it was germany and not soviet but gaijin maked many player hateing Russian so so much...it is true and I even believe this game has a lot of order from the russian senior government officials, if this game is not in favor of russia,the producers team will be shot

Carrier_ (Posted )

Keep political comments out of forum.

Do not:
1.1.2. Start or participate in flame wars, intentionally derail a topic, or post useless spam messages in moderated areas.

Strictly off Limit Topics and Discussions:
1.1.21. Any form of political or religious discussion liable to cause dissent.

Do not you think it is ridiculous that a heavy tank armor on the front is a breakthrough anti-aircraft smoothly?Instead of a useless missile tanks perhaps forcing him to stand for such serious errors could be corrected ...