Candybuzzbomb

Float carburetor failure...

[spoiler]PiMg2Em.jpg?1?2625[/spoiler]

I've had this happen to me 4 times today, is there a way to prevent this?

medal medal

Don't pull -Gs.

I only went -3 Gs

medal medal

It'll happen with very little -G on some aircraft, it's just something you've got to work around.  If you're going to make a sustained turn downwards, consider rolling over and then pulling a fair fe +Gs instead.

medal medal medal medal

It'll happen with very little -G on some aircraft, it's just something you've got to work around.  If you're going to make a sustained turn downwards, consider rolling over and then pulling a fair fe +Gs instead.

I would, but I would have been killed by that B-25

medal medal

Then don't put yourself in that position. Many lower-tier aircraft have that issue, so don't fly inverted for long periods or pull sustained negative Gs.

medal medal

[spoiler]PiMg2Em.jpg?1?2625[/spoiler]

I've had this happen to me 4 times today, is there a way to prevent this?

The plane you are flying does not have engine injection and if you pull to many negative gs it dies, you have to roll and dive to go down and so on. Hope that helped  :salute:

Hope

medal medal medal

I resucited one hurricane whit the same problem in Simulator, you must dive, press I for stop the motor and press I again for start the motor again.
medal medal

Use both rudder and ailerons, A and Q or D and E, to roll over faster without the carburetor choking the engine.

A6M2 does have float carb but is specifically designed to not have this issue. This is currently a bug affecting a few japanese planes

It's not a bug, they added it because they got bad info. TAIC report states US put the Akutan Zero together and said it had negative G issues because of the float carb. Problem is that only happened because they screwed it up and didn't put it together correctly.

Saburo Sakai himself said the A6M2 suffered from no such issues.

Edited by Chihayaburu
medal