*QBlackDeathQ

PlayStation4 (Sim) Bindings for DS4 Controller from me to you the community.

Well I have been looking around the forum lately and have seen many requests for settings and control bindings for the PlayStation 4 controller.

This took me about 45 min to an hour to write which started at 8 am 27th and went to bed at 4 am helping people in game to set up their controls individually on the 28th.

Well I hope to answer many of your questions here and now with direct to the point directions and bindings for the DS4. Hope you give this a comment so that others can find this easier let people know about these settings which are now our settings.

Step one.
Hit your options button on your dual shock controller

Step Two
Go into your Controls

Step Three
Select 'Clear All Settings', Its going to ask you if you 'Do you really want to delete all control settings?'
Select 'OK', this will clear all your bindings for your controller

Step Four

Assign these buttons

Small-Caliber Guns-- R1 button, R2 button
Large-Caliber Guns-- R2 button
Additional Guns---L2+R2

Drop Bomb---L2+R1
Fire Rockets---L2+R2
Activation --- Right button

Toggle Gear--- Left Button

Throttle Axis--- Hit square button
Set dead zone set to .05

Set nonlinearity set to 1
Invert axis set to No

Relative Control set to Yes

Relative Control Sensitivity set to 100%

Relative Control Setup set to 44%

Multiplier set to 1

Correction set to 0

Hit square button move right stick up and down on controller till it detects y axis/ right stick up down

Save changes

Throttle should read Right stick UP-Down

Hold for wep set to No

Ignite boosters set to down button

Roll Axis--- Hit Square button

Keep value of disabled axis set to no
Set dead zone set to 0

Set nonlinearity set to 2.7
Invert Axis set to No

Multiplier set to 1

Correction set to 0

Hit square button - Move Left Stick Right and Left on Controller til it detects X-Axis/Left Stick Right and Left

Save Changes

Roll Axis should read Left stick Left-Right

Roll sensitivity set to 26% Move up when you get use to this current set up

Pitch Axis--- Hit square button

Set dead zone set to 0

Invert axis set to Yes

Multiplier set to 1

Correction set to 0

Hit square button move left stick up and down on controller till it detects y axis/ left stick up and down save changes

Pitch axis should read Left stick Up-Down

Pitch sensitivity set to 2% use touch pad and R2 to get this Move up when you get use to this current set up

Yaw Axis--- Hit square button

Set dead zone set to 0

Set nonlinearity set to 2.7%
Invert axis set to No

Relative control set to no

Multiplier set to 1

Correction set to 0

Hit square button move Right stick left and right on controller till it detects x axis/ right stick left right
Save changes

Yaw axis should read Right stick Left-Right

Yaw sensitivity set to 5 % Move up when you get use to this current set up Move up when you get use to this current set up

Forcefeed back set to what ever you like does not work but rubble does work on ds4

Control sensitivity 100%

Aim sensitivity 100%

Mouse smoothing No

Mouse usage None

Mouse wheel aircraft None

Invert Y-Axis aircraft No

Invert Y-Axis gunner Yes

Gunner view sensitivity set to 34% or lower

Gunner aiming control X-Axis

Hit square button
Set dead zone set to .0

Invert axis set to No

Relative control set to No

Multiplier set to 1

Correction set to 0

Hit square button move Right Stick left right on controller til it detects X-Axis/Right Stick Left-Right
Save Changes

Gunner aiming control Y-Axis

Hit square button
Set dead zone set to .0

invert axis set to No

relative control set to no

multiplier set to 1

correction set to 0

Hit square button move right stick up and down on controller till it detects y axis/ right stick up down
save changes

Flaps down L2+X

Flaps Up L2+square

Toggle air-brakes L1+R2

Full aerodynamics

Trim aircraft L2+R3

Reset Aircraft L1

Engine control

Toggle Engine L1+O button

Tanks

Tank Throttle Left stick Up down

tank steering left stick left right

both have 0 dead zone

both have none linearity to 1

invert axis yes for steering only

both have none relative control no

both have multiplier 1

both have correction 0

Tank transmission gear up R2+Square

Tank transmission gear down R2+X

tank aiming x axis

Keep value of disabled axis no

dead zone 0

None-linearity 4

invert axis no

Multiplier 1

Correction 0

axis is right stick left right

tank aiming y axis

Keep value of disabled axis no

dead zone 0

None-linearity 4

invert axis no

Multiplier 1

Correction 0

y axis is right stick up down

fire from main caliber gun secondary guns and machine guns R1 add TO ALL

sniper mode is L1

Tank repair is L2+left button

tank lock target R2

select first shell L2+triangle

second shell L2+x

third shell L2+square

Forth shell L2+O

view

Enable view axis Enable

View X axis

enable axis L2

dead zone 0

nonlinearity 4

invert axis no

relative control no

multiplier 1

correction 0

set axis to right stick left-right

View Y axis

enable axis L2

dead zone 0

nonlinearity 4

invert axis no

relative control no

multiplier 1

correction 0

set axis to right stick up down

camera smoothness 100%

camera look speed 5%

Camera mouse speed 0%

Zoom axis

increase value L2+triangle

Decrease value L2+0

Reset L2+triangle+O

enable axis n/a

keep value of disabled axis no

dead zone 0

nonlinearity 1

relative control yes

relative control sensitivity 100%

Relative control step 25%

multiplier 1

correction 0

sensitivity in zoom 2%

mics

Hide Hud Lcontrol+z

tactical map square

statistics touch pad button

acrobatic smoke L2+up button+X

Leave the vehicle L2+L1+press the touch pad button

menu options

continue x button

set radio controls to a keyboard I use the num pad

radio message for team up arrow

the I use the num pad 1-8 for messages

favorite is set to cover me follow me and return to base

How to make the game look better and have you see better

options button/game options/hit square button

in post fx settings

set vignette to 8 ½ bars

all focuses to max

Lut Texture to film

Lens flare disabled

tone mapping polynom

a .033

b .056

c .83

d .613

e .69

f .487

white 1.756

If too bright try these

a  0.01

b  0.023

c  0.533

d  0.4

e  0.0643

f   0.37

white 2.531

a  0.01

b  0.01

c  0.59

d  0.1

e  0.01

f   0.523

white 1.488 move this down or up to adjust brightness as well as the brightness option in under main parameters at the bottom of the page.

How settings work

sensitivity
Basically adds a bit of lagg to your stick in game. Your stick moves from center to limit and visa-versa at a one 2 one ratio in game in relation to your controller when sensitivity is set to 100%.  If you lower this value to lets say 50% your stick will move from center to limit and visa-versa at half speed of what your controllers stick moved. For example lets say it takes 10 min for you to move your stick from center to limit and visa-versa at 100%; if you change that value to 50%, from limit to center and visa-versa on your controller in real time would take 10 min but in game it will take 20 min so your plane is less jumpy. Remember  visa-versa it works in both directions XD

None-linearity
Is kinda like sensitivity but it does not introduce this lagg to your stick movements, but rather it slopes your stick's movement inputs like a half-pipe when increased so the higher the number the less sensitive your stick is at center, although this might be good for fine aiming it could be a bad thing when turning as pulling back on the stick is amplified when you start to reach controller stick limit and will make your plane stall if your not careful listen to the wind it will let you know when you are pushing your aircraft too far.

Dead zones
Are only really used when a stick is a bit defective and has a bit of play or random movements when at center, PS4 controllers don't have play when working right so leave it at 0 as it will give you more range in your movements.

Correction
Is used to compensate for a defective stick(Potentiometer) which has innate position off center. Use this option to correct any tendency for your stick to pull in a direction due to mechanical failure WHICH SHOULD NOT BE CONFUSED WITH ENGINE TORQUE IN SIM. Instead when take off apply some rudder to correct for initial engine torque, and use trim when applicable during flight to offset roll, and pitch which does change with speed.

Multiplier

Is used to correct too much input on a stick or too little take heed not to set it too low as it will decrease the throw of your control surfaces. So lets say at 1 your throw is set to 100% so your control surface can move 90 degrees up or down (this is an example) if I turn it down to 50% your control surface can only move up and down 45 degrees therefore not reaching its full throw or potential.

Adjust these values according to your skill lvl

I hope this will help you guys get into sim if you don't want to use manual gear in tanks just go into options and switch your controls to simplified keep your aircraft to realistic. Unless you have something to change your engine management radiator and prop pitch. Enjoy and fly safe  

here is a video some of the settings might be different then those posted because i have adjusted lvls to my experience.  I recommend you try those posted first then try those that are on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAfUvdrJUHs&feature=youtu.be

• Upvote 16

Mate this is great, thanks for doing this & explaining various options, soon as I get some free time i'll set up my DS4

Any time if you have any questions let me know, one of the most popular questions people ask me is how do i look around.  Just hold down the L2 trigger and use the right stick.  The L2 is also used for Bombs and Rockets on the R1 and R2 triggers.  trim is L2 Plus the r3 button and reset trim is L1, to sit back in your seat hold L2 and O or square to sit closer to sight hope this helps. Also there is a bug were sometimes your mic does not work in game to fix this just go into your game options/ voice chat settings/ turn off chat save, go back into game options/voice chat settings turn it back on and save it should start to work again and you will see the little mic icons.

Edited by *QBlackDeathQ

Awesome thread!!!

One thing though. You say.... "Forcefeed back set to what ever you like but rubble does not work on ds4".

Rumble works just fine on my DS4. You get a vibration when using WEP, when you go to fast in a dive and when you fire the guns.

Hope this info helps.

Cheers

Muzz

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Awesome thread!!!

One thing though. You say.... "Forcefeed back set to what ever you like but rubble does not work on ds4".

Rumble works just fine on my DS4. You get a vibration when using WEP, when you go to fast in a dive and when you fire the guns.

Hope this info helps.

Cheers

Muzz

thak you for pointing out my lack of clear thinking on that one been trying to fix things like that if you seen another mistake please let me know

, Rumble works well on my DS4 but Forcefeed back does not as the sticks dont react or move under your fingers when doing what you mentioned.  Wish my logiteh G940 worked that does have force feedback but is not currently supported. thank you for the comment as it helps people find this faster.

Edited by *QBlackDeathQ

Thanks guys, i am Happy you are able to enjoy the game even more no.  I hope to see you guys in sim : )  Remember spread the word and have more people come get these settings.

K ill post in facebook

Thank you for helping spread the word.  If you find the controls too sluggish remember you can change the nonlinearity setting to a lower value, or increase your sensitivity.  If you find the aiming ok when turning slightly but tend too stall quickly on tight turns try and turn down your nonlinearity a bit and even out your control curve at either end of the spectrum, then turn your sensitivity down a bit if you wish to compensate for the change in the control curve.   

Black death can i ask you a question my aiming doesnt respond on the target what i mean the cursor doesnt follow the target its seems that dogfight mode it turns to manual.it will not follow planes can you help me this one buddy?.everthing is perfect the controls,trimming etc.. The only problem is i want it back when you can track enemy and when you aim cursor will follow the target tnx.
medal

Black death can i ask you a question my aiming doesnt respond on the target what i mean the cursor doesnt follow the target its seems that dogfight mode it turns to manual.it will not follow planes can you help me this one buddy?.everthing is perfect the controls,trimming etc.. The only problem is i want it back when you can track enemy and when you aim cursor will follow the target tnx.

Sure, In sim mode this option is not available but you can assign a button to it under the Lock Target binding (should be 9 down from the top). This will work in arcade and realistic but will not work in sim.  Hope this helps.

Edited by *QBlackDeathQ
  • Upvote 1

Hey Q! I don't know if you remember me, but we played some games together in the (fun) old times of 'Birds of Prey'

I'm really glad you posted your settings, it made my flying much easier (especially since the last patch).

I'm still adapting some settings and bindings for my personnal taste, but the essential thing is that I have stopped going into wild spins for no obvious reasons!!  So GRATITUDE!

Hope to see you online soon (I'm mostly in Realistic Air, or Arcade Tank occasionally)

Saf

Edited by SafassThin

Thanks for the controller settings. They really help.

Slightly noobish question: Is there a way to save these so that I can easily switch between these and the default Realistic controls? I added these under 'Full Aircraft Controls' thinking they would then only apply in Simulator battles, but it's updated Simplified and Realistic controls as well. Is there a way to save multiple control layouts?