Messerschmitt Bf 109 F-4

Can you guys look into the G-2 as well? It has a lower maximum speed then the F-4 currently..

medal medal medal

• Developer

Comparison of current and previous FM's

Bold line - new flight model, thin - previous

Level speed (where you can see that FTH and speed are higher than they should be)
ADOLvQV.png

Time to height
Bv94GGQ.png

Sustained turn perfromance
LIJ6oBI.png
  • Upvote 11

• Developer

Can you guys look into the G-2 as well? It has a lower maximum speed then the F-4 currently..

Well... there is nothing wrong with it actually. I just posted data sheet for G-2. My apologies that i missed the fact it was never published before 

• Upvote 1

Well... there is nothing wrong with it actually. I just posted data sheet for G-2. My apologies that i missed the fact it was never published before 

In-game the never exceed speed is 730 for the G-2, and 750 for the F-4.

I will test it again just to be sure though.

medal medal medal

The G-2 indeed has a lower max speed then the F-4

G-2 starts giving the red warning at 730 kph, and when you break your wings it says exceeded max speed of 760 kph

F-4 starts giving red warnings at 750 kph, and when your break your wings in the F-4 it says exceeded max speed of 789 kph

Is the G-2 supposed to have a lower max speed then the F-4?

Screenshots: first one is the F-4, second one is the G-2: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198016359606/screenshots

Edited by Wetwings
medal medal medal

What's the level flight stall speed? Do slats work properly now?

Edited by Cpt_Branko
medal medal medal medal

• 1 year later...

Where does the empty weight come from? The sources I can find give an empty weight of 2080, 2083, or 2086kg for the plane, and a "Rüstgewicht" (i.e. plane including guns and all other additional equipment, but minus fuel, oil, ammunition, and pilot) of around 2350kg.

The empty weight given here seems to be the Rüstgewicht for a Bf 109 F-4/B (Bf 109 F-4 equipped with the ETC 500 bomb pylon) or maybe a Bf 109 F-4/R1 (with cannon gondolas under the wings, without ammunition), and not actually the empty weight at all?

Considering just fuel + oil is about 330kg, pilot plus parachute and stuff about 100kg, and ammunition for the two machine guns and the motor-cannon is about 80kg more, you get a total of about 500kg of additional loads on the plane. These loads seem to match the weight difference between the data sheet's so-called "empty" weight (2391kg) and the normal take-off weight (2900kg), and as such further reinforces the fact that the so-called "empty" weight is actually the Rüstgewicht.

Considering the extra loads put on the plane especially by mounting MG 151/15 cannon gondolas and the different bomb racks it feels important to get this right.

Edited by Cpt_Inkognito
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...