Gunsight : TZF 9d
Primary Magnification : 2.5x magnification / 25° Field of View
Secondary Magnification : 5x magnification / 14° Field of View

Gun: 75mm Kw.K.42
Gunsight : TZF 12a
Primary Magnification : 2.5x magnification / 28° Field of View
Secondary Magnification : 5x magnification / 14° Field of View

[spoiler]pzpanther-charakter2.jpg[/spoiler]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gun: 76mm KT, 76mm L-10, 76mm L-11, 76mm F-32, 76mm F-34, 152mm M-10T
Gunsight : TOD-1/3/6/8/7/5
Primary Magnification : 2.5x magnification / 15° Field of View
[spoiler]T-34-76GS.jpg[/spoiler]

Gun: 76mm F-34, 76mm F-32, 57mm ZiS-4
Gunsight : TMFD-7/8/14/15
Primary Magnification : 2.5x magnification / 25° Field of View

Gun: 85mm D-5, 85mm ZiS-S-53, 122mm D-25, 100mm D-10
Gunsight : TSh-15/16/17/19
Primary Magnification : 4x magnification / 16° Field of View

[spoiler]tsh19_100mm_gunsight_zps54297683.jpg[/spoiler]

Gun: 122mm D-25T
Gunsight : TShB
Primary Magnification : 4x magnification / 26° Field of View

Gun:  45mm 20K
Gunsight : TMF-1 / TSMF
Primary Magnification : 2.5x magnification / 20° Field of View

[spoiler]user_manual-42_zpsb5374eb9.jpg[/spoiler]

Gun:  152mm M-10T
Gunsight : T-5
Primary Magnification : 2.5x magnification / 15° Field of View

¿Gaijin pls?

• Upvote 15
medal

If these are implemented, the Germans would gain an invaluable advantage.

Am i the only one thinks it wont happen? 

• Upvote 12
medal medal medal

This came up few times in CBT. It was a yes then and it is still a yes. on top of this I like to see it in all 3 battle modes.

• Upvote 1

For the German sight there needs to be a new mechanic implemented that rotates the distance rheostat.  So it would be a new key binding.  Personally, I think that's not too great since it slows down your target acquisition time. 

The Russian sights are pretty awful in design in general.

The sights we have no are superior to either the Russian or German sights TBH

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

why again?^^

(Since I guess you refer to the range estimation stuff, which was similar present on some soviet scopes) Edited by Wenin
medal medal

For the German sight there needs to be a new mechanic implemented that rotates the distance rheostat.  So it would be a new key binding.  Personally, I think that's not too great since it slows down your target acquisition time. 

The Russian sights are pretty awful in design in general.

The sights we have no are superior to either the Russian or German sights TBH

If the sight locks into the range its dialed in at it wont hurt acquisition time much, say i dial it to 400m and leave zoom it should still be at 400 when i zoom back, It does make the german guns a bit more complicated it does make reaquiring the target much easer than the soviet gun sights do(binding the sights ajustment to the mouse wheel would be good i think)

Edited by movingtarget
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

well at the moment these historical gunsights would be useless anyway!

with the current inaccuracy of the guns you cannot reliably hit anything that is more than 800m away!

i made a test with the tiger here you can see the results:

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/152969-gun-accuracy-issue/

totally unhistorical!

• Upvote 10

I personally don't like the German sight. I like the sight we have now. I feel it would be harder to find the range with that German scope. Like AimShootPray said, it would also require some new key bindings to make the dial turn like your example. However, I know that other people would prefer this sight, so why not make it an option. There is an option to change the sight in Planes isn't there? Why not in tanks too?

medal

I personally don't like the German sight. I like the sight we have now. I feel it would be harder to find the range with that German scope. Like AimShootPray said, it would also require some new key bindings to make the dial turn like your example. However, I know that other people would prefer this sight, so why not make it an option. There is an option to change the sight in Planes isn't there? Why not in tanks too?

German gunsights = UP to 5x magnification.

tiger-2-gunsight7fk00.jpg

That alone would be a HUGE advantage.....

Soviet gunsights of comparable era tanks have only had up to 4x magnification....which is LESS...which means and ADVANTAGE for the Germans....especially at long range....

...but since long range accuracy of german guns isn't modelled AT ALL ingame - and the maps are basically all "Hobbit town melee maps" it wouldn't help atm anyway.

Edited by Trommelfeuer
  • Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal

edit: Historical Gunsights would be pretty awesome. It's not just a feature for rangefinding etc, but also adds to historical athmosphere.

Edit2:

opticas.png

*snip*

From where do you have this? Edited by Wenin
medal medal

edit: Ignore this post, found it.^^

From where do you have this?

A book called Encyclopedia of German Tanks WW2

medal

well at the moment these historical gunsights would be useless anyway!

with the current inaccuracy of the guns you cannot reliably hit anything that is more than 800m away!

i made a test with the tiger here you can see the results:

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/152969-gun-accuracy-issue/

totally unhistorical!

^THIS

People believe it will be an advantage....I can frankly not see how.

Sure...someday it will be nice...but it really shouldn't be a priority since the gun-sights we have now....are at least not broken or game-brakingly bad, so.....

Edited by Bombastikus
  • Upvote 3
medal

The BT-5 had a rather nice gun sight from what I've seen, having a system similar to German Zeiss sights. However, unlike Zeiss sights, the reference distances were in 200m intervals. The dots around the Zeiss sights each represent a 100m interval, thus being a bit more precise vertically at distances of 500m.

• Upvote 2
medal

We need to wait, for a better balance and performance and hope with new gunsights xD

medal

I don't really think so. Half (okay, a good majority of) the people playing wouldn't know how to use it, let alone use the rangefinder reticle. Russian gunsights aren't much more straightforward either, and they don't even have a rangefinder reticle. Constantly adjusting the reticle ingame will be more of a hindrance than an advantage.

The currenbt unified gunsight is "good" because it has a rangefinding scaling (the horizontal "ladder"), and has a direct elevation scale, which doesn't need to be adjusted, but can have the distances mixed up (you adjust the wrong distance strike on the target).

medal medal

I don't really think so. Half (okay, a good majority of) the people playing wouldn't know how to use it, let alone use the rangefinder reticle. Russian gunsights aren't much more straightforward either, and they don't even have a rangefinder reticle. Constantly adjusting the reticle ingame will be more of a hindrance than an advantage.

The currenbt unified gunsight is "good" because it has a rangefinding scaling (the horizontal "ladder"), and has a direct elevation scale, which doesn't need to be adjusted, but can have the distances mixed up (you adjust the wrong distance strike on the target).

Well, the German sight is hard to use initially but has great potential.  The Russian sight on the other hand, doesn't exactly get better with use.  But like you said, neither sight beats the current one ingame.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Well, the German sight is hard to use initially but has great potential.  The Russian sight on the other hand, doesn't exactly get better with use.  But like you said, neither sight beats the current one ingame.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have them, but IMO the already poor performance of the average joe will take a nosedive in SB (for a short time if not for more), and the game will become even more of a "close the distance for better accuracy" game.

medal medal

How about unified gunsight  based on historical gunsights (performanc wise).

So the same gunsight for Tiger II and IS-2 for example, but the Tiger II gunsight comes with 5x magnification and the IS-2 gunsight with  4x magnification? 

medal medal medal medal

How about unified gunsight  based on historical gunsights (performanc wise).

So the same gunsight for Tiger II and IS-2 for example, but the Tiger II gunsight comes with 5x magnification and the IS-2 gunsight with  4x magnification? 

Could be an idea, but it would be more like 2.5-5x and 2-4x.

In any case first the shot dispersion should be fixed.

• Upvote 2
medal medal