BellatorMonk

ISU-122 - Questions, Information, Gameplay

WOW! that sounds uber frustrating! Someone should report it as it's clearly a bug and detracting from what is otherwise a pretty cool TD. I haven't had this problem ... yet. I've only played it 3 or 4 times. I must say that I did try to report some spawn errors late last year and Gaiijin tech support are bloody horrible! The worst I've come across (not that I need it often). The offer no help at all and just post links in responses to forum posts.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

The ISU may be a big and easily noticeable tank but when hidden it can become a brilliant sniper. What a firing position too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKEEP1u-MF4&

wotertool (Posted )

Moved & Merged
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Also, if I can write something related to this crew topic- from my information (numerous sites and forums)- ISU-152 and ISU-122 (with A-19 cannon), contains 2 loaders that gives us 5 man crew. In ISU-122S (with D-25S cannon) there was 2 loaders, but 1 also can do the job because of new breach.

Now in game, A-19 mod. as well D-25S mod. don't have second loader (only 4 people crew), despite of that ISU-122S got much better rate of fire. this is totally a pleceholder :/.

aaaaand a little quote :

" ISU-122S was used with either 4 or 5-man crews since the semi-automatic breech allowed for a reasonable fire rate with a crew of four; the place of the absent loader was often taken up with additional ammunition. With a five man crew (two loaders) the ISU-122S demonstrated a better fire rate than with four men."

medal medal

I took out my ISU122s today and was damaged. After repair ... nothing! The damn thing is immobile. Dopes anyone know what the hell is going on with this? It's the second time I've been damaged and the 2nd time this has happened.

Surely this is a bug yeah? Why would Gaiijin build this into any ground forces machine? Seems a rather absurd choice.

wotertool (Posted )

Merged
medal medal medal medal

were you on a cap point? after repairing the vehicle it automaticly starts reloading shells, which leaves you unable to move

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The ISU 122 has it's flaws (crew bug) but it is a very effective and deadly sniper. being able to one shot tanks from a distance pretty much on every penetrating shot. Oh and it's a bit fat XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrfHTuKwAKg

wotertool (Posted )

Moved & merged
medal medal medal

The mobility is just terrible (besides reverse speed), the HMG only rotates 360 degrees on the ISU-122, not the ISU-122S, the depression is horrible, it has almost no effective armor, the only saving point is the gun, if it penetrates it's either a kill or crippling damage, and it's accurate.

And of course it has excellent HE shells for dealing with lighter tanks/vehicles.  When you encounter an AA truck or an M41 and you have HE loaded, it's all worth it

Edited by Twan
medal medal

The mobility is just terrible (besides reverse speed), the HMG only rotates 360 degrees on the ISU-122, not the ISU-122S, the depression is horrible, it has almost no effective armor, the only saving point is the gun, if it penetrates it's either a kill or crippling damage, and it's accurate.

And of course it has excellent HE shells for dealing with lighter tanks/vehicles.  When you encounter an AA truck or an M41 and you have HE loaded, it's all worth it

aye thats why it is best to snipe, with the crew bug and the fatness of it a shell can easy pen as no chance of a ricochet, distance and spotting your target first is key!

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

It's bugged, sometimes if the gunner dies you can never shoot again, and if driver dies, sometimes you can't move anymore.

• Upvote 2
medal medal

Its a known and long standing issue

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I unlocked this tank recently (since they reshuffled the tier IV TD line, I no longer had all tier IV tanks unlocked, can't have that.....) and started using it today.  For me, this tank seems to combine the worst aspects of the IS tanks, Russian tanks in general and casemate tanks in one rolling box of poop.  I'm not a fan of casemate tanks to start off with, but the gun traverse on this one is particularly terrible.  Combine that with the terrible frontal armour....at least with the Ferdinand or the Jagdpanther (and occasionally the SU-100) I could reasonably expect to bounce a few hits, but the ISU, I'm surprised if it does.

Even before I started using it, ISU's didn't scare me like JP's, Ferdinands or even the SU-100's still do.  I see them as easy kills, especially if they've fired since you can get at least 2 return shots in in most other tanks, more if you disable the gunner.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Have been playing with this tank and shortly after the ISU 122S. Both have long reload times and will not penetrate the turret of a Tiger H1 or a Black Prince over 500 m, even though it says it could. Also the standard and capped rounds have very high chances of bouncing off the fronts of KV-2 and T34 tanks. I was very unpleased with the gun's performance.

Strange thing:

Under historical info, the tank's crew is listed as being 5, and there is space for 5, but there are only 4 members currently. This makes it horrible once a Loader is taken out, since you have very very high reload times. Also no radio operator.

• Upvote 1

I've done good with this TD, though it is a very long time that I don't play with it. The reload is horrendous, I remember it had 47 seconds to reload, so the thing was to shoot from a very long distance.

medal medal

This thing has one of the largest compartments for a standing (!) loader, why is the loading so ridiculously slow? This should be a DPS monster. Meanwhile the dicker max can still load while its gun breech is way above the loader's head. Fail.

medal medal medal medal

On 28/10/2016 at 11:16 PM, inset_judgement said:

BR pulled down to 5.3. Still way too high Gaijin, this is a Dicker Max with no gun depression and a semi-useless heavy MG.

This. Please take note Gaijin. 

The whole appeal of Self-propelled guns is that they give you access to the killer guns at much lower battle ratings to compensate for other deficiencies. Not so in this as it's still far too high. 

It needs to be 4.7.

• Upvote 2

ISU 122 and isu 122s is proof that Gaijin just assigns random BR to tanks

IS2 is 5.7 yet is better in every single way (gun included) to the isu122/s

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I'm not sure who at Gaijin was responsible for the BR of these vehicles (122/122S) but it doesn't take a genius to realize that they are borderline unplayable at their current BR.

So the ISU 122 is rated the same as the IS 2.. with the only advantage of a somewhat faster reload but the disadvantage of much less fighting power due to low mobility, lacking turret, much lower armor values etc. Adjusting your gun to an enemy who isn't right in front of you but slightly to your sides is an absolute pain in the a** with these tanks. Every tiny turn is your biggest enemy. And you're getting constantly pushed into fights with much more mobile, much more agile tanks that can penetrate you easily with almost every shot but are sometimes literally unpenetrable when you encounter them and having to aim extreeeeemely careful (thinking about KT etc.)

The ISU 122 should at least be be paired with the IS-1 and the ISU 122S with the IS2. And even then it remains to be seen if these would actually make for competetive vehicles.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, ColdHeat said:

I'm not sure who at Gaijin was responsible for the BR of these vehicles (122/122S) but it doesn't take a genius to realize that they are borderline unplayable at their current BR.

So the ISU 122 is rated the same as the IS 2.. with the only advantage of a somewhat faster reload but the disadvantage of much less fighting power due to low mobility, lacking turret, much lower armor values etc. Adjusting your gun to an enemy who isn't right in front of you but slightly to your sides is an absolute pain in the a** with these tanks. Every tiny turn is your biggest enemy. And you're getting constantly pushed into fights with much more mobile, much more agile tanks that can penetrate you easily with almost every shot but are sometimes literally unpenetrable when you encounter them and having to aim extreeeeemely careful (thinking about KT etc.)

The ISU 122 should at least be be paired with the IS-1 and the ISU 122S with the IS2. And even then it remains to be seen if these would actually make for competetive vehicles.

Both are one of the least played vehicle. Almost anything above 3.0 has more battles than those two and why would you play them? They should be like Ferdinands with super though armor but instead the armor is mostly uselses and the gun has slow reload + the mobility and firing arc make sure you can only kill people who haven't noticed you.

medal medal medal medal medal