QuarterNinjaCM

KV-1B - Questions, Information, Gameplay

Finns fought both (first invaded by USSR, then fought against retreating Germans), but question is HOW MANY KV-1s THEY USED... last thing we need is another premium La-5/190...

Okay, wasn't quite expressing myself correctly there: The tank was captured from the enemy, which, at least at that time, was the Soviet Union, against which it was used, hence it will be a German premium.

• Upvote 5
medal medal

Brb buying GE because it's the first Finnish related vehicle in the game.
  • Upvote 6
medal medal

Brb buying GE because it's the first Finnish related vehicle in the game.

You might be waiting a month though lol

edit: Also it IS 100% a German premium. Please stop asking. It hurts my brain everytime someone asks or says it's russian.

It's not even just on a logical sense, on the dev server it is in the premium tree. Already there. So stahp, plz, k thx.

Edited by Echorion
medal medal medal

You might be waiting a month though lol

I must be prepared.
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

what rank is it?

I hope is rank 3 because it says additional shielding!!!

It won't be. Guns garbage, and the KV-1 ZIS-5 has additional armor.

medal medal

I must be prepared.

I'm with you on that one. I'm already at tier 4 but I still want it.

I wish they would do like Riot games and major NA game companies; where whenever something new/premium is out, it goes on sale for a day or two.

Edited by Echorion
medal medal medal

Please tell me that this is in its own Finnish tree, or part of the German tree!

Can we get a hakaristi decal? It has no relation at all to the Nazi swastika, and would be a nice way to represent Finnish armor in-game.

Also, I hope this means we will be getting a BT-42, Landsverk Anti-II, and Stu 40 G "Sturmi"!!! 007_3.png

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

Can we get a hakaristi decal? It has no relation at all to the Nazi swastika, and would be a nice way to represent Finnish armor in-game.

For tanks? Probably no...

Probably the best possible decal for Finnish tanks would be the Laguksen nuolet (Arrows of Lagus) which was in official use in the Finnish Armoured Division starting from November 1942 in honor of Ruben Lagus:

Laguksen_nuolet.jpg

• Upvote 4

Please tell me that this is in its own Finnish tree, or part of the German tree!

Also, I hope this means we will be getting a BT-42, Landsverk Anti-II, and Stu 40 G "Sturmi"!!! 007_3.png

Lol slow down buddy xD

It's just a premium, it will be on it's own in the premium area to the right, alone for now likely in tier 2.  Anyways, they might add finnish tanks and such down the road, but for a logn time it will be on it's own. They generally don't add many tanks that are unique like this.

Edited by Echorion
medal medal medal

Sorry to say... but only takes a handful to ruin it for everyone... "Some" would feel the need to use and abuse the emblem as a swastika, and use it for Hate.......

• Upvote 2

Lol slow down buddy xD

It's just a premium, it will be on it's own in the premium area to the right, alone for now likely in tier 2. That decal very well might happen someday but I wouldn't see it Soon™™, for some odd reason it takes them forever to add decals despite how simple they should be to do, probably cause of how the layering works and the tint masks on skins I guess? Anyways, they might add finnish tanks and such down the road, but for a logn time it will be on it's own. They generally don't add many tanks that are unique like this.

I know it's just a premium, and where it will be. I am just wondering which tree it would go to. It should be in its own tree, ideally, but the German tree would suffice otherwise.

For tanks? Probably no...

Probably the best possible decal for Finnish tanks would be the Laguksen nuolet (Arrows of Lagus) in honor of Ruben Lagus:

That is... unfortunate. It's not even the same looking, with shorter hooks going different ways:

Edited by Rautaa
Image removed.
medal medal medal

I want this.

I NEED THIS

• Upvote 1

They generally don't make premium planes into trees, very few exceptions, such as the Boomerang. I would expect the same with tanks

Edited by Echorion
medal medal medal

That is... unfortunate. It's not even the same looking, with shorter hooks going different ways:

It's different from the Air Force insignia in two major way: 1) It's black, and 2) It wasn't in use as long as the Air Force hakaristi. That's why the tank symbol isn't on equal footing when compared to the Air Force one.

If any decal, I'd recommend rooting for the Arrows of Lagus to represent Finland.

• Upvote 3

It's different from the Air Force insignia in two major way: 1) It's black, and 2) It wasn't in use as long as the Air Force hakaristi. That's why the tank symbol isn't on equal footing when compared to the Air Force one.

If any decal, I'd recommend rooting for the Arrows of Lagus to represent Finland.

Me too that would be pretty kewl ;o

Edited by Echorion
medal medal medal

Only 2 KV-1 we're ever captured by us during a "trench war" period of Jatkosota. One was 1940 version (the Premium one) and second was 1942 version with cast turret.

Both are still at Parola Tank Museum and I think one was in drivable condition.

Oh, and Finnish battlecry unlocked: HAKKAA PÄÄLLE!

• Upvote 1
medal medal

But we do not even have the Air Force hakaristi...

The hakaristi was in use by the Panssari arm throughout the continuation and Lappland wars, 1941 - 1945. Its use is tied to the same lineage as that used by the Air Force, regardless of color. Besides, the hooks go different ways, are shorter, and have a white "shadow". It has absolutely nothing to do with Nazi symbology. Is there a law in Germany that prevents the use of hakaristi? If so, fine. If not, then what's the big deal?

And honestly, if it being black is a reason, make it blue! I would rather have a blue on white hakaristi tank decal than no historical tank decal at all.

Anyways, I have no intent of rooting for the Arrows of Lagus. That has no place in this game.

Thanks for the tank, at least.

Edited by eliw00d
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal

But we do not even have the Air Force hakaristi...

The hakaristi was in use by the Panssari arm throughout the continuation and Lappland wars, 1941 - 1945. Its use is tied to the same lineage as that used by the Air Force, regardless of color. Besides, the hooks go different ways, are shorter, and have a white "shadow". It has absolutely nothing to do with Nazi symbology. Is there a law in Germany that prevents the use of hakaristi? If so, fine. If not, then what's the big deal?

Anyways, I have no intent of rooting for the Arrows of Lagus. That has no place in this game.

Thanks for the tank, at least.

Yes, there are.

That symbol, the swastika, and pretty much anything relating to them is illegal, even if they don't have nazi meanings they are still illegal, not just in Germany either, a lot of eastern countries.

Edited by Echorion
medal medal medal

So, new German premium tank, I expect a Russian counterpart, wonder what it'll be.

Russian players have T34/57 Modele 1943 and it is already very well...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Neither does a black swastika.

The Finnish community was asked some months ago if we'd prefer the modern roundel over some fictional symbol for aircraft. We chose the modern roundel as the better option. For tanks, I'm afraid some compromises would also have to be made.

If you are not willing to accept any compromise, you have the right to do so. But I'm afraid that attitude would mean a Finnish tank symbol cannot be featured in the game.

Anyways, I can't believe I'm having this discussion again, especially since it doesn't seem to be going in any new directions. Probably there's nothing left to discuss.

Further comments about the hakaristi and swastika will be removed.

• Upvote 1